“Great place to stay in Madison” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wisconsin Union Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Wisconsin Union Hotel
You added Wisconsin Union Hotel to your Saves list
1308 West Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53715   |
Pittsburg, California
“Great place to stay in Madison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

On the upper levels of the new Student Union this hotel is a hidden gem. Staff was attentive when the Keurig coffee maker in our room needed replaces. Best bed in the Midwest and high quality pillows made for a great night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
wishotel, Front Office Manager at Wisconsin Union Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Rk J,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review for the Wisconsin Union Hotel. I’m glad to hear that we were able to assist you during your stay, and it’s an even grander compliment to hear that we were able to assure you a great night’s sleep.

Eric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed two nights for graduation in May 2013. Rooms were spotless, and for being in the middle of campus, were also very quiet. Lots to see and do right in the area and in the union itself. We'll return again for visits to the campus. On, Wisconsin!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jim and Julie M,

Thank you for your short, and very sweet, review! Housekeeping takes great pride in the work they do every day and this is just the positive feedback they strive to receive. Graduation weekend is definitely one of our busiest weekends, and it is great to hear that everything was at or above the bar we set for ourselves.

Thanks again for staying with us— On, Wisconsin!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The convenience of this on-campus hotel for a graduation event is reason enough to stay here, but the rooms are beautiful, the breakfast spot and wine bar are fun, and the service is personal and accommodating without being intrusive. To top it all off, it's a high-performance ("green") building, outfitted tastefully throughout with evident Badger pride. My only regret is that I have no upcoming occasion for which to return anytime soon.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear 2RomeSoon,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for what sounds like was graduation weekend! Although separate, the Wisconsin Union Hotel and the Union aim to be the fun and welcoming, on-campus experience you have described. I am so happy to hear that my staff was able to provide you with outstanding service while showing our Badger-pride. I hope you do find a reason to come back and visit us soon!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had picked up my daughter from O'Hare and didn't want to drive back to Green Bay, so I made arrangements to stay at the Union. I'm an Alumna and my daughter is currently a Sophomore at the UW Madison, so I thought it would be fun to stay right on campus. The cost is appropriate for the location especially since it is right on campus! Excellent service, very comfortable bed, very clean! I'd go back in a heartbeat. The Union has restaurants, a small gift shop, places to study and/or work in a sunny, open setting indoors or one can sit at tables outside (weather permitting, of course). Large flat screen TV's are scattered around the Union some listing the days events and others tuned to CNN, etc. I was very pleased with our accommodations. The Union has come a LONG way since I graduated from there in 1989!

Room Tip: I can't recommend one room over another, but be sure to treat yourself to some excellent ice cre...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

First time stay at hotel and it was excellent! The decor was very nice, bathroom amenities were great and fun to hang out at the Union. The reviews say it all! Will definitely come back. Excellent location and service. Noise was not an issue for us. Liked the many options we had around us. Even the art gallery was nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sudbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently spent one night here while visiting the U of Wisconsin. I was pleasantly surprised by this remarkably clean, cheerful and comfortable room located right on campus. Bed was a treat, filled with sumptuous pillows. The shower was great -- euro style -- with quality bath products at the ready. If you like red and appreciate the Badgers, you will be delighted by the Wisconsin Union!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
wishotel, Front Office Manager at Wisconsin Union Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear MassFamilyTravelers,

I’m so glad to hear that you found our rooms so cheerful and comfortable. The front desk staff and I, along with house-keeping, push for just the kind of experience you have described above. We hope that if you ever return to the University of Wisconsin, you will stay with us!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Arriving at the Union South Hotel handling of our reservations and keys was terrific. It made us feel special in such a large place. The rooms were beautifully appointed. With the UW cheer, it made you feel a part of the University right away. It was great to have a food court, and clearly the location of the hotel provided an anchor to walking througi. I am sure your staff will not forget that I double bolted the room door and in the middle of the night your staff had to unbolt the door for my daughter to get in. I slept through it, but learned my lesson. Given the hotel is new, I hope those who stay will respect that, and not spoil the rooms for the next guests. We hope to stay again! I also agree with all of the other reviewers. Everyone knew our names!

Room Tip: Rooms faced away from Dayton St. would reduce the noise. The sound proofing in the rooms was very g...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear GoBadgersandGators,

I am happy you took the time to review our hotel. The staff and I aim to make everyone feel like a Badger when they walk through the door. I am also happy that we were able to assist you in ever general and also specific way that you needed.

In regards to your last statement: Jessica, house-keeping, and I work hard to keep the hotel up to par. Being that the hotel is two years old now, I am glad to hear that the hotel is still at the highest of standards for fellow Badgers to appreciate, respect, and enjoy.

Eric

Been to Wisconsin Union Hotel? Share your experiences!