“disappointing experience” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Madison, Wisconsin
“disappointing experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We tried this place after discovering Pedros west had closed. The food was mediocore at best.... a magnifying glass would have helped locate the chicken pieces in the nachos! We ordered appetizers and four different entrees. The flavor was not bad but the skimpy servings that were not reheated throughout negated the experience. The restaurant had only two other tables filled yet they seated us all next to each other like a fast food diner.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Madison, Wisconsin
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The restaurant's decor is very festive and cute, although some of the booth's benches were torn and I was glad that I was wearing pants. I was surprised at the amount of seafood on their menu and my husband and I ordered the swordfish tacos. It was by far, the best swordfish I have ever eaten! The tomatoes and other spices that the seafood was cooked in was delectable! We also got pork tacos "carnitas" and they were good too. Their salsa didn't have a lot of flavor but their chips were very good.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“LOVED IT.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

There are a lot of Mexican places in the Madison Area. This is my new favorite.

This is a family own/run place, which I always prefer.

The menu was great. Lots of traditional choices, and then lots of authentic choices. What was nice were the great authentic Mexican seafood options that you don't find most other places. And, they have traditional drinks on their menu. (And, they are all made from scratch. NO mixes! They did a great no-sugar Margarita for my diabetic friend on his request!)

Everyone had a great dinner, and the desserts were fantastic! (The fried ice cream was HUGE.)

I will definitely be returning!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern Illinois
“Good Food...Needs a Good Cleaning Inside Though.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We went to Cancun for dinner after spending a day shopping at the Mall. The food and service was great, but the dining room needed a good cleaning. Dirt and debris was seen in every corner, rugs needed to be swept, and floors mopped. When you see a restaurant that is lacking in basic cleaning in the front, it makes you wonder how clean the back of the restaurant is that you don't see.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Excelent for our first time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We visited cancun for the first time and we were impressed by their big menu. The Food was great, I ordered the Mariscada Tabasco which was spicy but delicious and my wife ordered the Pollo Salsa Poblana with a cream sauce. Of course, we will be going back for their margaritas at half-price.

• Visited February 2012