“Did not know food could taste so good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bakery, Café
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Hephzibah, Georgia
“Did not know food could taste so good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Different food that is - some I had never had before. Visiting in Madison brought us to the Daisy Cafe two times. It is a very unusal yet charming place, a bit crowded but worth it when one thinks of the food. Meatless meatloaf? - Yes - that is what I ate and found it truly delicious. And their cheese cake??? A dream - everybody with me tasted it and totally agreed with me. One of a kind recipe. It pays to stop by and enjoy, I certainly did.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good food, could be cleaner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been here twice now. Both times the food for myself and my girlfriend was quite good. Interesting sandwiches and sides.
The place is quite noisy and it can be difficult to hold a conversation. I found the service to be adequate, but no better.
I think that some of the little things could be cleaner, like a dirty switchplate behind my girlfriend's head and some other smudgy things. The bathroom (men's) needs to be updated.
I will go here again, more for my girlfriend and the Diablo? burger, not the atmosphere.
I will add that the place has been busy on both occasions and they did give my GF a free cupcake on her birthday.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Quirky Little Restaurant with Fantastic Fresh Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A wonderful little cafe with a quirky feel--eclectic and fun with a warm vibe. The food it fresh, local, and declicious. Good variety. Everyone in our family was satisfied--from the vegetarians to the hamburger lover and everyone inbetween. And their cupcakes are yummy too! Great place, will definitely be back!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison, Wisconsin
“Yummy cupcakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Yesterday a friend and I met at Daisy Cafe for lunch. I had a Sloppy Jose. She had a fish sandwich. My sloppy Jose was nicely seasoned and very tasty. I had a strawberry cupcake and it was good too!
Parking on their lot can be an issue. We parked on a side street since their lot was full. Our server was great. He kept checking to see if we needed anything else and how we liked our food.
They take credit cards, but cash is better because of the rising cost of processing cards. Unfortunately, I had to use my card for the lunch. As I try to do most times, I left my tip in cash ,

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food. Fun atmosphere. Great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Basic breakfast but everything was perfect and delicious. Eggs just right. Bacon - ordered extra crispy came out perfect. Delicious and creamy oven roasted potatoes. Sweet and fresh pineapple and cantaloupe. Left with cupcakes. Can't wait for those. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Will be back soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere