“Great Local Brew!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #102 of 838 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar, Sandwiches
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Visit the Tasting Room of Madison's favorite microbrewery and enjoy a pint while dining on seasonal menu items such as specialty pizzas, sandwiches and more!
“Great Local Brew!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Ale Asylum is a wonderful place, they have recently moved to a larger new building very near to the Madison Airport and added a little food and snacks to eat while indulging in their many fine locally brewed beers. I love the success of this once little local brewery and could sing their praises all day check them out if you like beer and are in Madison. I'm also a big advocate of the "buy Local" movement so their story makes me especially pleased. Enjoy!
Be aware, they are no longer and the Kinsman location they have moved to Pankratz near Packers Ave. and International lane.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My brother and I and our wives stopped here for lunch. I'd had beer from this brew pub before, and I wanted to see the new location and try the food. My brother and his wife had a pizza and thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife had a salad, and I had fish tacos. We all split the veggie quesadillas for an appetizer. We also all chose the beer cheddar soup as I side dish. The soup was a tad thin, and it had sliced sausage in it. That was a surprise for us because we're all vegetarians. We left the sausage, and the rest of the soup was very good. The tacos were as good as any I've had anywhere else. The pizza was a big hit. I plan to return. And I strongly recommend their Alemegeddon ale. Outstanding.

Madison, Wisconsin
“The New Ale Asylum - same great beer and food - stylish and hip new taphaus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Ale Asylum has grown. Ale Asylum, Madison’s first and only microbrewery, continues to be a Northside business reality when it relocated to Pankratz Avenue, near Packers Avenue and International Lane close to the Dane County Airport. The 45,000 square foot building houses a restaurant and bar with outdoor patio areas on the first and second floor, as well as all the equipment needed for manufacturing quality beer and ale.

Great to have Ale Asylum in the neighborhood. We got to visit the new location today, and it was a fun, delicious experience. I had the Cuban and the Ale Asylum Beer Cheese soup and she had the Hot Ham & Havarti with chips and Salsa; everything was tasty, maybe a tad too much garlic but that would be sounding a bit "food snobby". Scott, our bartender was friendly, personable, and casually attired to celebrate the Halloween spirit. Big Slick Stout was an excellent choice for the day - robust, rich coffee flavor with a smooth finish. Can't wait for some Satisfaction Jack-sin. Scott helped up with a Growler full of Big Slick Stout and couple of Aly Asylum glasses for our Nashville guests. Ask Scott about the beer bidet and belgium lace...stop by Ale Asylum for an adult beverage or a sandwich and some appetizers, I think you'll enjoy the visit

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Came for brews stayed for food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We initially came here so my husband who tried the hopsalicious could buy some to bring home to Illinois where you can't get your hands on this particular brewer. Lo and behold they serve food. We shrug figure why not and sit for a meal. The pizzas are fantastic. Mmm. He had BBQ chicken I had roni. So good. That's all we ordered off the menu but they were great. Then he got to try some of their other beers for free (they didn't have a tasting flight I found odd). And he then purchased multiple brews to go. If your there his fave still hops-a-licious a must try.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
wisconsin
“Surprise, the new Ale Asylum is open...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We drove by a week ago and noticed folks sitting outside having a cold one. So, we had company in town and decided to try it. Had the oat dark beer-great. The interior is really cool. Each had a sandwich was was urban, made with interesting cheeses, spreads and meats. The salsa is the best I have ever had.

• 4 of 5 stars Food