“Great breakfast, clean rooms, nice pool.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Pierre, South Dakota
“Great breakfast, clean rooms, nice pool.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was a wonderful stay near family. The breakfast had so much variety: omelets, waffles, fruit, yogurt, bacon/sausage, cereal, etc. The pool was small but fun toys for kids. The rooms were very clean and spacious. They had a refrigerator/microwave. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for the nice response-hope to see you here again soon at the Sleep Inn & Suites, Bruce Dimmig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Sleep Inn a few times since my travels bring me to Madison, and I wouldn't pick another place to stay. This is a hotel that I can trust. The rooms are very clean and up to date. The staff is very friendly and will accommodate you with whatever you need. There is always a good variety for breakfast in the morning. The pool has basketball hoops which is fun for the family. I like the location as well because its not in the middle of downtown. The surroundings are quiet which makes it nice when you are trying to fall asleep. I would recommend this hotel. I trust this place and if I am in Madison again I will be staying here.

• Stayed November 2012
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for the great response!!! We hope to see you back with us soon!!! Bruce Dimmig
EAGAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent one night here with a very late check in. The staff were courteous and helpful. Our room was very clean. The hot breakfast was very nice with omelets, sausage, bread and pastry selections, and a waffle maker.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! Next time you are in town please come back to see us again.
Bovey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed in this motel on two different occasions. We chose this motel because we were traveling with our grandchildren. The swimming pool was set up for children. It included basketball hoops and and a bucket water fall feature that the children loved. The room was comfortable, quiet and very clean. Bathroom was spacious. Breakfast was sadly lacking, however. Both times we stayed we had to wait for about 10 minutes for the eggs. Both times the eggs were cold (cheese still solid inside). Both times we had to wait some time for a place to sit in the dining area. Although it was an enjoyable stay until breakfast, we have found a Comfort Suites about 15 miles from there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sleep4802, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback & hope to see you soon. Bruce Dimmig
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We don't usually stay at Sleep Inn due to a previous bad experience in another city, but most of the Madison hotels were booked for a September conference during our visit, and Sleep Inn was the most reasonably priced hotel we could find two months in advance (glad we were making advance reservations or we would have had to bypass Madison). Due to the conference, the rate for our first night was the elevated rate, but kudos to the hotel for only charging the regular rate for our second night.

The handicap accessible room was the only room available when we booked, so we had a roll in shower in the bathroom. We had to put an extra bath towel on the floor outside the shower due to the fact that water ran out into the floor -- a minor inconvenience. The thing we really didn't like was the noisy fan sound in the bathroom that was not controlled by any switch; we had to keep the bathroom door closed so that the noise would not keep us awake. Otherwise, the room was spacious and of average comfort. I would suggest that a future building could use about a foot less in room length and a foot more in room width which would give a little more space between the bed and the workdesk.

The staff was friendly and efficient during check in and check out. We enjoyed the breakfast both mornings. The variety of hot and cold offerings got the days off to a good start.

The pool and hot tub were available in a light, clean room. We didn't try the pool, but the hot tub was warm and large enough for several people. The only thing that we didn't like about the hot tub was the fact that the seats and jets were all at the same level. People are not all the same height, and we don't all ache in the same spot.

Our GPS came in handy to help us find the hotel as it is a little out of the way, but the location was quiet, and we got a good night's sleep. We would stay again, but hopefully in a regular room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sleep4802, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your response & hope to see you sometime soon. Bruce Dimmig
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel is a bit outside of downtown Madison, but its really only 5-10 minutes out. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was good and filling. I actually liked not being in the downtown, as it was much quieter than my previous stays in the downtown area. Definitely a place I would stay in again.

Stayed October 2012
Sleep4802, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for your great response!!!! Hope to see you again soon. Bruce Dimmig G.M.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I just checked out this morning. This was one of our nicest hotel stays in a long time.

We had booked using Choice Hotels rewards points. My wife asked the front desk girl (I want to say her name was Rachel but I can't be sure) if there were any upgraded rooms we could get and how much it would be. She told us that since we booked using reward points the upgrade would be complimentary if there was a room available. She said there was one room but wasn't sure if it had been cleaned yet. Someone (I believe it may have been the manager) went right upstairs and checked on it immediately. We were in our upgraded room within minutes. Fantastic.

The hotel looks new. Everything was well laid out. We had a hot tub more than big enough for two people. If you're one who likes to watch TV while soaking, you can do so because the TV is on a swivel. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I personally found the pillows extremely comfortable. I'll probably find something similar for my own bed at home. I liked the shower, it was a neat design. It's always helpful to have a fridge and microwave in the room also; it certainly came in handy for us. TV was a flat screen but not high-definition. Not a big deal, I quickly got over it.

We soaked quite a few times in the tub and when my wife called for extra towels, we had them within five minutes. I didn't get up in time to check out breakfast but my wife went downstairs. It sounded promising with eggs, waffles, cereal, and other standard breakfast fare. This was a Badger game weekend and like most other hotels, it seemed like it was a full house. That made the level of service we received even more impressive.

There is no restaurant/bar/store on-site. The hotel is on the outskirts of Madison and is a bit out of the way. It's not very far to the highway and there were plenty of places to shop and eat within a 15 minute drive. The relatively isolated location made for a quiet stay. I occasionally heard people walking around but it wasn't loud by any means and didn't bother me or my wife.

We actually didn't want to leave because our room was so comfortable. We were in Madison to visit an eye-care center for my wife. She has another appointment later this year and unless the place is booked, we'll certainly be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sleep4802, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for the great response-We hope to see you soon, Bruce Dimmig

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Madison? Share your experiences!