“exceeded our expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reedsburg,Wisconsin
“exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We we were looking for a small hotel to spend the night before our early morning flight. It has been many years since staying at a Fairfield property. Upon arrival, we were overwhelmed.. This property has an excellent decor and is extremely well maintained. We did not detect anything out of order or in need of repairs. We were warmly greeted by the staff and fresh baked cookies. Warm cookies on a cold Wisconsin night, what a treat! Check in was quick. We were given coupons for a restaurant we had planned to visit. Additionally, the front desk arranged our cab in the morning and, again, gave us discount coupons for that. We did not use their airport shuttle, as we were leaving brfore it ran. Our room was spotless and had all the necessary amenities. again, the decor was not what I was expecting. Very tasteful and modern. The mattress and pillows were heavenly. Likewise, the pool area was very clean, well lighted, and warm. The business center met all our needs. Our wake up call was on time and the cab was there to meet us on time. As we left so early, we were unable to enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast. Based on our stay so far, we expected it would be way above par. We will definitely stay again when in Madison and will recommend this hotel to all, whether for business or leisure. A special thanks to the assistan GM Gavin, who took the time to greet us and answer our questions.

Room Tip: we stayed in a 2 room king suite, which was excellent. It was nice having a separate living area an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Vermonville, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very friendly staff. They well all eager to help with any arrangements that I needed. The shuttle service was very quick and available when I needed rides to and from the airport. The front desk was respectful and professional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Milton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here one night while working out of town. The hotel is convenient to the freeway & nearby restaurants. The night manager kindly upgraded me to a king suite! It was a very nice size room, but was too tired to really enjoy it...It was very quiet & even though the wind was blowing hard that night, it didn't keep me awake. After having stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove in Miami, I'm having a hard time with basic towels & beds....but it was fine for one night. The breakfast is very nice for those who don't have a problem with gluten in there diet as they have Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage biscuits, pita egg burritos, waffles, bagels, toast, etc... but for those with gluten sensitivities, hard boiled eggs & yogurt are the mainstay. The building & rooms are clean. I would recommend this hotel for short term stays.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oldbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here with my wife and mother during a trip in Wisconsin. The hotel is a little way outside of Madison itself and my satnav device did its best to take us the longest possible route.

The hotel has a large lobby and breakfast area with coffee and tea available. There was a dairy convention on while we were there and the hotel got quite busy, but the staff were courteous and helpful throughout. The rooms were a little smaller than other hotels, but everything was clean and comfortable and well worth the price paid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a newer property at the interchange of 151 & I90 on the east side if Madison. The staff was wonderful, the place is clean and the lobby is spacious.

I stay in this area for work regularly, but this was my first stay at the Fairfield. I usually stay at the La Quinta, because it's a bit cheaper at our corporate rate. But, I now also know the rooms are smaller at the Fairfield and the breakfast is 'cold' other than the toaster and waffle maker.

Other than the smallish room, the bathroom was a bit oddly designed for a new property. Grabbing a towel from the shower requires steping out and walking around a short wall to reach it.

Also, the mirror is in an unfortunate place, unless you like seeing yourself from the toilet. Perhaps you look good on the can. I, frankly, don't. (I was able to confirm that thanks to this hotel stay!)

That said, I would stay here again...these are just nit picks compared to one slightly lower cost option nearby...and to reiterate, the great staff more than makes up for having to look at myself in the mirror when using the facilities.

• Stayed November 2012
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Fairfiield Inn. The check-in was a breeze. The staff was so friendly and professional. The lobby is clean and inviting with a fireplace and many tables to sit and eat the free continental breakfast. The decor was bright and fresh. The rooms were very clean and the bed was pretty comfy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Queensbury, New York,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Loved this hotel. Everything was really nice, really comfy and clean. The bed was awesome with many, many smaller pillows....perfect to get the cocoon feeling in bed. Very attractive and modern decor, and relaxing common areas off the lobby. Enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi as well. Maid service was very accommodating with our schedule, and the concierge staff was completely friendly and welcoming. Pizza Uno was right down the driveway and a great place for our family to get together for dinner or lunch. Another really thoughtful "perk" was that this hotel offered shuttle service to the wedding we were attending, and also offered that if you did drive yourself to the wedding and wanted a ride back on the shuttle, that they would take you there to your car the next day.....I mean, WOW. Although I didn't need that service I thought that was above and beyond awesome! Excellent hotel service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East? Share your experiences!