“Living Social Deal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cambria Suites

You added Cambria Suites to your Saves list
Cambria Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5045 Eastpark Blvd & West Terrace, NW quad of I-94 & US-151, Madison, WI 53718   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Living Social Deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because I picked up a living social deal on an overnight with breakfast and two drinks for $69. Great deal!! A king suite was ready for us late at night (10:30p) and they honored our free drinks even though the bar was closed. Room was really wonderful. King suite has a separated couch / Tv area with mini fridge and microwave / coffee center. Two rooms split by a built in shelving unit where a King bed and Tv reside. Sleek bathrooms. Upscale décor. Breakfast was ok; staff on a Monday morning was kind of scarce. Normal offerings, fruit, carbs, eggs, sausage, bacon. Coffee always available in lobby. A good 20 min drive to capital square.

Room Tip: Get the King suite
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
It has been a pleasure having you stay with us here at the Cambria Suites. We want you to know we appreciate your business. Please stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Madison. -Dave Monte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was our first time staying at any Cambria Suites location -- we were WOWED by the appearance of this location's lobby, lounge, and our hotel room. Everything was clean, comfortable, and felt luxurious. The pool and hot tub are adequate but on the small scale, but I understand that the hotel was more designed around business travelers. The fitness room was very well-appointed. Spend a few extra dollars and upgrade to a corner king suite -- the bedroom shuts off from the living room and there's so much more room and you won't be disappointed! Noise from other guests or from traffic was non-existent. Loved the digital thermostats in living room and in bedroom; thoughtful touch to have makeup mirror in bathroom. Room's air was very dry -- letting some steam out of the bathroom after a shower would probably have helped.

We appreciated the complimentary coffee; would be nice to have a continental breakfast offered but not a must, as a hot/cold breakfast buffet was available and a made-to-order breakfast could be ordered for under $10.

We are local and booked a party at the hotel -- we looked at eight hotels in this area before we chose this one, and nothing else compared in terms of luxury.

Room Tip: Other reviews said to ask for room away from heavier-traffic side and away from ice machines -- we a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Please accept my sincere thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our staff will always do everything possible to merit the confidence you have shown in us. We hope you'll stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Madison. -Dave Monte
Seattle, Washington USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here on a business trip and chose it because of its proximity to our meeting venue (nearby business park). Overall, I give the ratings mainly for the wonderful, clean spacious rooms. My room/suite has a separate small living room, a very useful desk, large bathroom, and a very comfortable king bed. Except for a burned out light bulb in the bathroom (which they replaced promptly upon my request), everything was working well in my room. Only complaints I have about the room is the small and hard to access closet (see my photo) and the very noisy heater fan (which won't turn off).

Front desk service was very friendly, professional, and responsive to my requests. I couldn’t give this place 5 stars for a couple of things: 1) Location—it’s pretty isolated. Unlike staying in downtown Madison, you have to drive far from here to go anywhere for entertainment, sightseeing, or restaurants...especially restaurants because 2) the food in this hotel’s restaurant and room service meal is just bad! Everything I ordered for dinner and the breakfast buffet all tasted like it’s out of a can, microwaved, etc. Just disappointing. So, I can only recommend this hotel for the quality of the service and rooms. If location and food is important in your choice of a hotel, I wouldn’t recommend this one.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem quiet although the elevators are pretty slow.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. Our location, in the American Family Business park, is close to the East Towne mall which is surrounded by many well know restaurants. We are also just minutes from the downtown area and the Capitol. I greatly appreciate your comments and will share them with the entire staff. We take great pride in everything we do here at the hotel and your insight will help us improve our service and presentation. Thank you! -Dave Monte
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night - and nearly canceled after arrival. I am a fairly independent quadriplegic in a wheelchair full-time. I can and often do travel alone, but it would be virtually impossible at this hotel. On check-in, the ground floor room we reserved was not ready yet, so we were UP-graded to the 3rd floor (no practical escape in the event of a fire/emergency.) The bed was much to tall for me to transfer from my wheelchair. The hand-held shower head was set out of reach, and this room had a bath tub instead of the roll-in shower we had reserved. The only things I really NEED in a room are a bed and a bath! Both were a disappointment. On the positive side - the room was fairly clean, except for a shoe of a prior guest found under the bed. The room was well-maintained, except for the burned-out bulb above the vanity. Fortunately for Cambria, we were in town for a family wedding with a block of rooms reserved; enjoying our family was more important to us than seeking more convenient accommodations elsewhere. Sadly, there is never a second chance to make a good first impression.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the staff of the Cambria Suites. I truly feel your disappointment regarding your accommodations here at the hotel. We only have three rooms on the first floor in which one does have a roll in shower. I believe the rooms were all occupied at this time. We are working hard to ensure this doesn't happen again by reviewing reservation procedures. We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. You're a valued customer, and we're committed to providing the best service possible. We're sorry if this wasn't the case for your stay. - Dave Monte
Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I am a Choice Privileges member so I had chance to stay at several hotels from Choice hotels, this Cambria brand is the best for sure. Very roomy, clean, modern, yet reasonably priced. I stayed one in MN and this one in WI didn't let me down, except, I arrived at the hotel around 11:30 pm, the front service person didn't seem pleased to see me there. I used to be in the service industry for years so I understand he probably felt interrupted from whatever he was doing, but come on, you are the face of the hotel, and if you are not a people person, at least act like you are and show me some quality service. I probably will never see him anyway in the future, so other than that I enjoyed staying there for the night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We are so glad you enjoy the Cambria Suites Brand. It's a wonderful product that meets all of our guest's needs. I do expect our staff to provide the best guest service no matter what time of day it is. I sorry to hear that this wasn't the case during your check in. We apologize. We hope you can stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Madison. -Dave Monte
Gering, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed one night while on our way further north. The desk clerk was very helpful and accommodated or request for a quiet room. The hotel was very clean and a great size especially if you write to stay for more than a night or so.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We strive to satisfy our guests as much as possible. We are gratified that your stay was a positive one. I would like to thank you sincerely for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I hope you'll stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Madison. -Dave Monte
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

As with my first review, I echo my comments about this hotel. Very nice, clean and comfortable rooms with a very capable staff. While staying at the hotel our group once again spent several evenings in the bar before and after dinner. Note to management...you need to get more help for the bar and you need to adequately stock the bar. If you want to take you property to the next level this is a no brainier. Several members of our group went next door to your competition and hung out because of this. Your atmosphere is good and you have a big opportunity to step up!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a valued guest, your comments and opinions are very important to us. Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. If there are any other ways we can serve you better in the near future please let us know. Thank you! -Dave Monte

Been to Cambria Suites? Share your experiences!