“probably # 1” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cambria Suites

You added Cambria Suites to your Saves list
Cambria Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5045 Eastpark Blvd & West Terrace, NW quad of I-94 & US-151, Madison, WI 53718   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Green Bay
“probably # 1”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have no idea why this hotel isn't rated higher. I've been in higher rated hotels in Madison and quite frankly fail to see it. This hotel has a great location, extremely clean, great rooms and the price was very reasonable. The only reason I didn’t give it a higher rating is the people at the desk were not very welcoming. I will stay here again and I recommend it.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very nice
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We are so happy to hear you love our hotel! We do what ever is needed to make sure your stay is the best. We hope to see you again when your traveles bring you back to madison.. -Dave Monte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed for evening Badger Football Game. Location is off the highway and a good distance from the stadium and the downtown but that helps keep the noise down. Very clean and targeted towards business travelers. The pool size was smaller but very clean. Would recommend for a visit to Madison.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are a Choice Hotel Gold Award winner and we take pride in what we do. I'll be sure to pass your comments along to the entire staff. Thanks! -Dave Monte
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife, granddaughter and I traveled to Madison to watch son in law play for U of MN against UW. We couldn't have found a nicer place to stay. Our suite had a king bed and a sofa bed in two separate rooms each with a nice flat screen TV. The room was neat, clean and quiet. The bathroom modern with good pressure in the shower. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel as we spent Friday roaming around State St. and left right after the game on Sat. The people we met, both working and guests, were friendly and helpful. We went down to bar Friday night for a drink and the bartender/wait staff were very nice. It was a bit of a drive, 10 miles to stadium from hotel but an easy commute. They have a small but looked good breakfast buffet in the morning for $9.95, we stuck with just bagels and coffee. We very much liked staying at the Cambria and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor (top) and were very happy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always have football fans stay with us for UW football games. We are just a straight shot down East Washington to get to the Capital and the downtown area. It seems that your room was just perfect for your needs. We hope to see you soon when your travels bring you back to Madison.- Dave Monte
Chatham Va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Rooms were very nice but the people at the front desk were rude to the point of being hateful. There was a mix up on the reservation and the young lady that helped us was very rude and did nothing to help us find a room in town at another hotel. Then on our last night the fire alarm sounded and no one told us what to do and it was freezing outside where we had to stand for an hour.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I will be discussing your comments with my staff to evaluate the policies and procedures we have in place regarding reservations that are incorrect. Also, I'll make sure there is more communication with our guests when the fire alarm is sounding. When the Fire Marshall enters, he takes control of the location and we follow their lead. It was a bit cold that night, but for everyones safety, we asked everyone to be outside until we got the okay from the Fire Marshall for people to re-enter the hotel. Thank you for understanding.-Dave Monte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Usually when you hear suite hotel it is a glorified hotel room. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it really was. It had 2 king sized beds and a sofa bed. It was a really nice well kept room.
The only down side was while they have a restaurant, the breakfast offerings were very sparse. Also the swimming pool is described as a resort pool but was tiny.

Overall though it was a great place to stay and I feel that we have found our home in Madison.

• Stayed September 2012
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad that the room with two king beds worked for you. It is so nice to be able to close the bedroom door off to the main living room area. This two room king suite also has three flat screen tv's...one in the main bedroom, one in front of the second king bed, and the third in the living room area. It is one of our most popular rooms! We hope to see you soon when your travels bring you back to Madison.- Dave Monte
Midwest USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the Cambria Suites hotel in Madison at the end of a long week on the road. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel! The property is new (3 yr old) and the quality shows. The lobby is large and spacious. There's a bar/restaurant (which was quite empty when I arrived) with several large screens for watching sports. My room was a suite and was a little cheaper than the standard hotels nearby (Holiday Inn). The room was clean, the linen and pillows were high quality. I really liked the firm pillows. There was a large fitness center with treadmills, ellipitcal, and weight equipment. Much nicer than most. The pool was very small -- more of a splash pool than a swimming pool.

My quibbles were the air conditioner. The switch was on the wall, but the unit was fit into the window, similar to lower quality hotels. It was efficient, but somewhat loud. I ran it full speed to cool down the room, the shut the thing off for the night. The other issue was the road noise. My room faced the highway and I could hear the noise of trucks downshifting as they climbed the hill near the hotel. Be sure to ask for a room away from the highway!

The internet was free but I had to pay for breakfast. The staff was helpful. I will stay at Cambria again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for giving us a try. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad to hear that you'll be using the Cambria brand again. Thanks!-Dave Monte
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at Cambria Suites for a week for work. There was a young man named DeAndre who, from the beginnng to the end of my stay, was nothing short of friendly, accomomdating, and all out excellent! Any questions, we had on the hotel, or surrounding activities in the town, he was always available. He was just a joy to work with!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive comments about DeAndre. He is a wonderful asset to our front desk staff. I will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of my staff. He is one of the reasons we have so many happy guests.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Madison Area. -Dave Monte

Been to Cambria Suites? Share your experiences!