“Nice Option for Game” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambria Suites

Save Saved
You added Cambria Suites to your Saves list
Cambria Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5045 Eastpark Blvd & West Terrace, NW quad of I-94 & US-151, Madison, WI 53718   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Nice Option for Game”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed for evening Badger Football Game. Location is off the highway and a good distance from the stadium and the downtown but that helps keep the noise down. Very clean and targeted towards business travelers. The pool size was smaller but very clean. Would recommend for a visit to Madison.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are a Choice Hotel Gold Award winner and we take pride in what we do. I'll be sure to pass your comments along to the entire staff. Thanks! -Dave Monte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife, granddaughter and I traveled to Madison to watch son in law play for U of MN against UW. We couldn't have found a nicer place to stay. Our suite had a king bed and a sofa bed in two separate rooms each with a nice flat screen TV. The room was neat, clean and quiet. The bathroom modern with good pressure in the shower. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel as we spent Friday roaming around State St. and left right after the game on Sat. The people we met, both working and guests, were friendly and helpful. We went down to bar Friday night for a drink and the bartender/wait staff were very nice. It was a bit of a drive, 10 miles to stadium from hotel but an easy commute. They have a small but looked good breakfast buffet in the morning for $9.95, we stuck with just bagels and coffee. We very much liked staying at the Cambria and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor (top) and were very happy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always have football fans stay with us for UW football games. We are just a straight shot down East Washington to get to the Capital and the downtown area. It seems that your room was just perfect for your needs. We hope to see you soon when your travels bring you back to Madison.- Dave Monte
Chatham Va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Rooms were very nice but the people at the front desk were rude to the point of being hateful. There was a mix up on the reservation and the young lady that helped us was very rude and did nothing to help us find a room in town at another hotel. Then on our last night the fire alarm sounded and no one told us what to do and it was freezing outside where we had to stand for an hour.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I will be discussing your comments with my staff to evaluate the policies and procedures we have in place regarding reservations that are incorrect. Also, I'll make sure there is more communication with our guests when the fire alarm is sounding. When the Fire Marshall enters, he takes control of the location and we follow their lead. It was a bit cold that night, but for everyones safety, we asked everyone to be outside until we got the okay from the Fire Marshall for people to re-enter the hotel. Thank you for understanding.-Dave Monte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Usually when you hear suite hotel it is a glorified hotel room. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it really was. It had 2 king sized beds and a sofa bed. It was a really nice well kept room.
The only down side was while they have a restaurant, the breakfast offerings were very sparse. Also the swimming pool is described as a resort pool but was tiny.

Overall though it was a great place to stay and I feel that we have found our home in Madison.

• Stayed September 2012
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad that the room with two king beds worked for you. It is so nice to be able to close the bedroom door off to the main living room area. This two room king suite also has three flat screen tv's...one in the main bedroom, one in front of the second king bed, and the third in the living room area. It is one of our most popular rooms! We hope to see you soon when your travels bring you back to Madison.- Dave Monte
Midwest USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the Cambria Suites hotel in Madison at the end of a long week on the road. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel! The property is new (3 yr old) and the quality shows. The lobby is large and spacious. There's a bar/restaurant (which was quite empty when I arrived) with several large screens for watching sports. My room was a suite and was a little cheaper than the standard hotels nearby (Holiday Inn). The room was clean, the linen and pillows were high quality. I really liked the firm pillows. There was a large fitness center with treadmills, ellipitcal, and weight equipment. Much nicer than most. The pool was very small -- more of a splash pool than a swimming pool.

My quibbles were the air conditioner. The switch was on the wall, but the unit was fit into the window, similar to lower quality hotels. It was efficient, but somewhat loud. I ran it full speed to cool down the room, the shut the thing off for the night. The other issue was the road noise. My room faced the highway and I could hear the noise of trucks downshifting as they climbed the hill near the hotel. Be sure to ask for a room away from the highway!

The internet was free but I had to pay for breakfast. The staff was helpful. I will stay at Cambria again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for giving us a try. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad to hear that you'll be using the Cambria brand again. Thanks!-Dave Monte
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at Cambria Suites for a week for work. There was a young man named DeAndre who, from the beginnng to the end of my stay, was nothing short of friendly, accomomdating, and all out excellent! Any questions, we had on the hotel, or surrounding activities in the town, he was always available. He was just a joy to work with!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive comments about DeAndre. He is a wonderful asset to our front desk staff. I will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of my staff. He is one of the reasons we have so many happy guests.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Madison Area. -Dave Monte
Marathon, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I booked a room for a single night stay for four people online. Arrived at the hotel later in the evening and was checked in by the person working the desk. They could clearly see we had four people standing there. Went up to the room and it only had one bed. Called down to the desk and they said it was booked online wrong and there was nothing they could do. I asked if they had any rooms with two beds that we could switch to and they said they did, but because we booked online they could not switch us and there was nothing they could do. After making several phone calls they were finally willing to switch us for a $14 upcharge. I really don't understand the lack of customer service. They made us make several calls, wait around wondering what we were going to do all for $14?!! I would think it would have been much easier just to switch us and make a life long customer than to make things difficult for $14 dollars. Also, they have a small deck overlooking a pond outside the pool area and immediately under our room window. There was a group of people sitting on the deck laughing and talking loudly until past 1:00am.

Room Tip: Make sure that you find out the number of beds in the room before you book it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I will be discussing your comments with my front desk staff to evaluate the policies and procedures we have in place regarding reservations from third party sites.

When reservations from third party sites show up in our system, the reservation shares with us the information that the third party site has obtained from our guests. Sometimes some information is left out or not even asked. We can only trust that the information provided to us is correct. Regrettably in this instance, your reservation didn't share the information we needed to make sure we could accommodated your needs. I understand your frustration and apologize for the trouble.

Please feel free to contact me at cambriamadison_gm@hp-hotels.com if you have any other comments or concerns, and I appreciate the time you took writing this review. -Dave

Been to Cambria Suites? Share your experiences!