“Nice all suite hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambria Suites

Save Saved
You added Cambria Suites to your Saves list
Cambria Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5045 Eastpark Blvd & West Terrace, NW quad of I-94 & US-151, Madison, WI 53718   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 63 hotels in Madison
“Nice all suite hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Usually when you hear suite hotel it is a glorified hotel room. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it really was. It had 2 king sized beds and a sofa bed. It was a really nice well kept room.
The only down side was while they have a restaurant, the breakfast offerings were very sparse. Also the swimming pool is described as a resort pool but was tiny.

Overall though it was a great place to stay and I feel that we have found our home in Madison.

• Stayed September 2012
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad that the room with two king beds worked for you. It is so nice to be able to close the bedroom door off to the main living room area. This two room king suite also has three flat screen tv's...one in the main bedroom, one in front of the second king bed, and the third in the living room area. It is one of our most popular rooms! We hope to see you soon when your travels bring you back to Madison.- Dave Monte

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Midwest USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the Cambria Suites hotel in Madison at the end of a long week on the road. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel! The property is new (3 yr old) and the quality shows. The lobby is large and spacious. There's a bar/restaurant (which was quite empty when I arrived) with several large screens for watching sports. My room was a suite and was a little cheaper than the standard hotels nearby (Holiday Inn). The room was clean, the linen and pillows were high quality. I really liked the firm pillows. There was a large fitness center with treadmills, ellipitcal, and weight equipment. Much nicer than most. The pool was very small -- more of a splash pool than a swimming pool.

My quibbles were the air conditioner. The switch was on the wall, but the unit was fit into the window, similar to lower quality hotels. It was efficient, but somewhat loud. I ran it full speed to cool down the room, the shut the thing off for the night. The other issue was the road noise. My room faced the highway and I could hear the noise of trucks downshifting as they climbed the hill near the hotel. Be sure to ask for a room away from the highway!

The internet was free but I had to pay for breakfast. The staff was helpful. I will stay at Cambria again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for giving us a try. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad to hear that you'll be using the Cambria brand again. Thanks!-Dave Monte
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at Cambria Suites for a week for work. There was a young man named DeAndre who, from the beginnng to the end of my stay, was nothing short of friendly, accomomdating, and all out excellent! Any questions, we had on the hotel, or surrounding activities in the town, he was always available. He was just a joy to work with!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive comments about DeAndre. He is a wonderful asset to our front desk staff. I will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of my staff. He is one of the reasons we have so many happy guests.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Madison Area. -Dave Monte
Marathon, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I booked a room for a single night stay for four people online. Arrived at the hotel later in the evening and was checked in by the person working the desk. They could clearly see we had four people standing there. Went up to the room and it only had one bed. Called down to the desk and they said it was booked online wrong and there was nothing they could do. I asked if they had any rooms with two beds that we could switch to and they said they did, but because we booked online they could not switch us and there was nothing they could do. After making several phone calls they were finally willing to switch us for a $14 upcharge. I really don't understand the lack of customer service. They made us make several calls, wait around wondering what we were going to do all for $14?!! I would think it would have been much easier just to switch us and make a life long customer than to make things difficult for $14 dollars. Also, they have a small deck overlooking a pond outside the pool area and immediately under our room window. There was a group of people sitting on the deck laughing and talking loudly until past 1:00am.

Room Tip: Make sure that you find out the number of beds in the room before you book it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I will be discussing your comments with my front desk staff to evaluate the policies and procedures we have in place regarding reservations from third party sites.

When reservations from third party sites show up in our system, the reservation shares with us the information that the third party site has obtained from our guests. Sometimes some information is left out or not even asked. We can only trust that the information provided to us is correct. Regrettably in this instance, your reservation didn't share the information we needed to make sure we could accommodated your needs. I understand your frustration and apologize for the trouble.

Please feel free to contact me at cambriamadison_gm@hp-hotels.com if you have any other comments or concerns, and I appreciate the time you took writing this review. -Dave
Sleepy Hollow, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Our family stayed at the Cambria Suites for two nights. The hotel was very clean and well kept. Very nice lobby area. The hotel is in a business park so there was very little going on right by the hotel. The swimming pool is very small, but they have a nice hot tub and outdoor sun deck. The East Towne Mall is close by with lots of shopping and choices for dining. The lobby bar was a nice place to end our night. The staff was courteous and everyone seemed to care about the property and guests (nice to have caring staff). Rooms were good size with nice amenities and comfortable beds. Would definetly consider staying here again on our next trip to Madison.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is so comfortable and so close to shopping and different dinning options. And you're right! We are just off the highway which makes it easy for you to travel in or out of our location. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Madison. -Dave Monte
Chihuahua, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Great hotel to stay, the cleanliness is wonderful,.also the service in all the aspects, many thanks for your hospitality, I will definetly consider cambria as a very good option for my next trip to Madison

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are so proud of our hotel. The staff is like family and we want everyone to feel welcomed to our hotel. We hope to see you soon! -Dave Monte
Dublin, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We reserved the 2 bedroom suite with 2 Kings beds (there is also a pull out sofa). This room was only about 20% more in price than a regular room and offered a nice amount of space for traveling with teenagers. There isn't a separate living room so it's really one enclosed bedroom with a door, then the other bedroom is just part of the same area you enter so it isn't separate. There is one bathroom off this area. The hotel is very new and everything was extremely clean.

There is a small (and I mean small!) indoor pool and hot tub. We were the only ones using this area at the time so it was great, but would become crowded very easily.

The fitness center is a step above what you would expect from the usual for this level of hotel.

We ordered room service one night, It did take quite a bit longer than promised and was just average. There is a great restaurant very close, I believe the name is Erin's Irish Pub.

Overall, we were very happy to find this hotel and stayed here both directions for our trip to Minnesota.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom is often priced not too much more than a regular room so if you need the extra space i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad that the room with two king beds worked for your family. It is so nice to be able to close the bedroom door off to the main living room area. This two room king suite also has three flat screen tv's...one in the main bedroom, one in front of the second king bed, and the third in the living room area. It is one of our most popular rooms! We hope to see you soon when your travels bring you back to Madison.- Dave Monte

Been to Cambria Suites? Share your experiences!