“Nice hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 63 hotels in Madison
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

At this price, I simply expect a clean room with nice staff. I got both. I did have one issue, though. I booked a non-smoking room. The room smelled of smoke. When I went back to the front desk, they said that this is a non-smoking room now, but that it used to be a smoking room. Well, they didn't do a very good job of getting the smell out. They moved me to another room and all was well. So overall, I had a good stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thanks for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor ! We are glad to hear that you felt you had good service and a clean room at a fair price. I'm sorry that your first room had a smoke smell but was glad that the staff was able to get you moved to another room. It is true that the room you were first check-into was a smoking room in the past. Thanks for letting us know about the issue so we can try to get it resolved ! We hope to see you again soon ! Thanks again for staying with us !

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
West Milton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights over Labor Day weekend. Our last stay at a hotel in the area was a little disappointing, but I am happy to report this hotel was MUCH better. The price was economic and the room was great. VERY comfortable beds with lots of pillows and a generous supply of towels. The beds were a little smaller than I expected, but I realized too late that I had reserved a room with double size beds instead of Queen. There was a refrigerator and microwave for keeping leftovers from the great area restaurants. Our check in and check out times were speedy. The breakfast buffet was better than many hotels and the eggs tasted like We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked nice with a VERY large hot tub. The decor was just a little dark, but it was tasteful and comfortable. They also had a very "green" energy conserving system that I had not seen before where you have to put your room key in to turn on the electrical system in the room. Quite interesting. Not to mention the recyclable trash can in the room. This is an excellent place to stay for anyone who is interested in saving our resources. We will definitely be staying again when we come to the area to visit our son in college!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
gmreviews, Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay ! We are glad you tried our Hotel again and that you found it more enjoyable ! We try to please and are glad that you enjoyed our Breakfast and Comfortable beds and our Hotel amenties ! Thanks Again for staying with us ! Hope to see you soon !
Benton, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spend three nights in this hotel while visiting Taliesen and House on the Rock in Spring Green WI. Stayed here because there were movies and restaurants in the area. The staff was very helpful in recommending places to eat and things to see and do. The room was very comfortable, with nice decor, comfortable beds with plenty of pillows, refrigerator in room, and very hot water. They had the typical breakfast bar, nothing exceptional, just filling. Overall had a very nice stay. Recommend the hotel very highly.

Room Tip: Ask for room on front side of hotel nearest the parking lot, the room we had was on the back side an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay on Trip Advisor ! As you had mentioned we are in a great location. We are close to shopping. resturants, movies and a little under a hour to House on the rock area ! We are glad your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed our beds, pillows and hot water ! Thanks for recommending our hotel and please come again the next time your in Madison !

Amy Miniya
Ashton, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We just returned from a short trip to Madison and stayed at this hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We received a courtesy call to our room after checking in to see if everything was satisfactory. Everything was very clean and inviting. They even had warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk when we went out for a while. The pool area was also nice. The free breakfast was quite good. I did not take advantage of the complimentary drinks at the bar, but that was a nice option. The only downside was the pull-out couch. It did not make for a very comfortable bed, but it was tolerable. I would recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Wi-fi was spotty on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our Hotel and thank-you for taking the time to let us know on TripAdvisor ! We are glad to hear that your enjoyed our Amenties such as, breakfast, pool area and cookies ! I'm glad you felt our service was good and our hotel was clean! Sorry that the sofa sleeper was not as comfortable as the rest of the hotel. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time your in Madison !

Amy Miniya
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I normally do not like the choice hotels brands. Usually not as nice. This one is GREAT. Clean, comfortable (GREAT BED), roomy, free drink and breakfast. Just a little dark in the room from energy saving bulbs and dark carpet.

Room Tip: My room was the corporate rate, so I am sure it was not the top of the line rooms, but it WAS nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thanks for letting us know about your stay on Trip Advisor ! We appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms are nicely sized and the like you mentioned the beds are rather comfortable. You will be glad to know that hopefully in the next year that the darker wallpaper will be replaced, and that we will have better lighting along with this upgrade ! Again Thank you for letting us know about your experience and we hope to see you again soon !
Gonic, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My visit to this location started out good. This was the first hotel that I can remember that thanked me for being a Choice Gold member. I had just been looking for a reasonably priced room in the area while on a work route through Wisconsin. When I walked into the hotel a bar across the street was playing loud Reggae music and I was tired. The front desk person assured me that the music would be done by about 10:30, it was a weekend night, and that I would not hear it from my room. She was correct on all counts. The positive attitude and greeting made the glass half full from the beginning.

The room was comfortable, the bed was firm and the bathroom and all other areas were good. The internet worked fine and I was able to get more work done.

The only thing that took away from the visit was the breakfast area. I don't know if it is common in the area, but this the second or third hotel I have visited in Northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin where people don't seem to use utensils to pick food out of trays or pans. I don't know if the utensils were missing or being cleaned. Such a neat, clean and maintained hotel in most visible leaves concerns about the food being sanitary with children and adults sticking their hands in and out of dishes. Picking things up, putting them down and moving on to another item.

I will return here again for the room, service and location. I will be cautious about the food area until I see some sanitary practices in place.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor, there was an elevator. There was no real highway or other items to effec...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thanks for staying with us and letting us know about your experience on Trip Advisor ! It's nice to hear that you felt comfortable while you stayed with us. We aim to please and I'm glad you felt the staff service was good and that you enjoyed a nice room and internet. I'm sorry to hear that people with not using the serving peices we have on our Breakfast Buffett. We normally have them lined up infront of each display stand. I will follow up with our Breakfast host to make sure they are visiable incase they were to get moved during the breakfast times. Again thank-you for letting us know about your stay and your experience ! Hope we see you the next time your in Madison !
Amy
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We're in Madison for graduation and booked our room about 7 weeks ago. We're a ways from downtown, around 5 miles, but we came as a family and have 3 full cars of proud parents, aunt/uncles, grandparents and siblings. My wife and I are staying at Comfort Inn while the others are at a Marriott residence. This one of the best ever hotels for a price/value. The staff is very friendly, the facility is impeccable, and they put out a 35 to 40' breakfast buffet that our family at the Marriott had to pay $10 for. In-room whirlpool for as many as 4 people, yes 4, a small suite area with a fold out sofa, refrig, microwave, coffee, near luxury towels, and 2 phones. I just looked at my hotel charges on my bank account and the price seemed higher than what I thought I booked so I went down to the front desk and was greeted by Rebecca. She explained that a 10% booking fee had been aded to my room charges, and I think I booked thru trip advisor. She gladly removed the charges to be sure I was fully satisfied! And at the front desk they have complimentary everything you might have forgot to bring. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thanks for letting us know about your stay on Trip advisor ! I'm glad to hear that you liked our hotel accomidations and service ! I'm also glad you enjoyed the whirlpool suite, the breakfast and extras ! We aim to please so it great to know that you felt that you were getting your money worth by staying with us ! We hope to see you again the next time your in Madison !

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!