“So So” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Walla Walla, WA
“So So”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

When I arrived with my son and lugging in my bags it would have been nice to have sliding doors. Then I walked in the lobby and thought man they have not decorated since the 90's. That is my over all feeling, this place is out dated and needs a remodel. I did get a nice sized room, two double beds and a nice sitting area. I was on the second floor on the pool end. Our first night was fine. Then Friday and Saturday night we shared the motel with a Softball tournament, they were loud. I over heard in the elevator that someone had ants in their room. Then on Sunday driving with my parents who were on the second floor and on the conference room end of the motel said they had ants too. My room was not very clean, it sink had hair around it and the bath tub drain was broken. I bring sani wipes with me so I cleaned the sink and fixed the drain shut to give my son a bath. The pool and hot tub were dirty. The food wasn't good, but made due with what they provided us. They said they had internet and printers, but the printer was out of order when I wanted to go print my boarding pass for my return flight. My next trip to Madison I will pay more to have a clean and more up to date and ant free stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one. You did bring up a good point about our hotel being from the 90's. I am glad to say that we do have some renovations coming up this fall and automatic doors are one of those items to have replaced. I have mentioned to houskeeping to pay more attention to the drains in the rooms and also to make sure the pool is better attended to when we have a large volume of people in the hotel. We did call our exterminator to come out to take care of the room that people mentioned had ants. If you can please contact me to let me know if your room did have them so we can take care of the problem that would be great. I'm sorry your stay wasn't as expected but do hope that you are willing to try us again. If so please contact me and I would love have you and your family give us another chance !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
West Central Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Friends and I took a shopping trip to Madison and the surrounding areas and had a great stay at CS. There were 3 of us and we had booked a room with two double beds. It was a nice surprise to have 2 double beds AND a pull out couch. Plenty of room for all! The complimentary drink was nice after a full day of shopping....plus free pizza! The continental breakfast was more than enough with pastries, yogurt, freshly made waffles, juices and cereal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Madison area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thanks for thaking the time to write a review about us on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you stay with us again when you come into town to shop as we have three malls within 5 miles or less from our Hotel. I glad you enjoyed the "extras" to help you get a fresh start in the morning and wind down in the evening. Hope to see you again soon ! Thanks again for letting us know about your stay !
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

The sign by the front desk announces that the pool is open until midnight. That seemed a bit late to me but our room was at the far end of the first floor away from the pool area. What we did not anticipate was screaming children running up and down the hall, rooms with the doors open blaring music and drunken adults shouting slurred profanity. After three attempts to reach the front desk I finally reached someone after midnight and asked them to deal with the situation. She was polite and apologized over and over but the noise persisted until nearly one in the morning.

We will never come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
I certainly apologize for the experience you had at our hotel and do wish you come back to try us again as this is not a typical stay. I'm not sure why things were this way on that particular evening. We normally have the pool closed at 11pm and we do have security on to help minimze the noise. Again I apologize and please feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns you may have. We do hope to serve you in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Suites with a group for a ski trip in February. The lobby was nicely decorated and the front desk attendants were friendly and helpful. The pool was quite large and the kids loved the game room. For a suites hotel the rooms were a tad small but it was fine for a one night stay. The breakfast was good, the hotel was clean and the rate was great. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2011
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you come again the next time you have a ski trip near Madison! We do have rooms with two beds and sofa sleeper in them. That might give you a little bit more room next time or you can ask us about our loft suites. The lofts have two bathrooms so if you have quite a few people in one room that might be a better fit for you. Thanks again for letting us know and hope to have you stay with us again soon !

Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

You have to turn the heat up to 78 degrees to get the cold air to stop blowing. But, then it gets really, really hot in the room. It is very difficult to regulate the air temperature.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thanks for you comments on Tripadvisor. We try to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possiable. Sorry to hear that you had problems with your Heating/Air Conditioner during your stay. We try to make everything right as soon as we can, If you can please contact me to let me know more about your issue that would be great. Again that's for letting us know !

Amy Miniya
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel maybe a dozen times, and I'm never disappointed. This time, as always, the front desk staff was top notch, the suite was clean, breakfast was hot, if not thrilling, and now the Sprecher brew pub is open nearby for a fun gathering with friends of both the beer drinking, and root beer drinking varieties.

The hotel is near a ton of shopping opportunities, and I also enjoy long walks along the streets near the hotel for morning exercise or to walk your dog.

I can't say enough about how nice the people are here. A couple of years ago, we were there with our dog during the holidays, and the staff showed up with small dog treats and toys all wrapped for Christmas. when we've needed to add rooms on the fly, or make reservation changes, these guys are really great.

Hotel is on the beltline, so you're just a quick jump to downtown Madison, or hop over to Middleton easily too.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Thanks for letting us know about your experiences with us ! We try to make everyone enjoy their stay with us and are glad that you feel at home with us when staying in Madison! We hope to see you soon and don't forget your dog !
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Madison for 5 nights at the end of August/early September for a business trip.

The hotel is in a great location that straddles Madison and Middleton, right off the Beltline. It's in a nice professional area with other hotels, office buildings, etc. There are nearby restaurants and even an upscale shopping village.

My room was clean and nice, and maid service was very meticulous...towels placed very neatly in the bathroom, no shortage of toiletries, etc.

The complimentary breakfast was decent...not the best I've ever had, but offered enough. Each morning, a different hot item was served, while the other items remained the same. They included cereal, oatmeal, bananas, yogurt, and cheese squares.

At night, the breakfast area turns into a lounge, and if you are a Choice Hotel member staying at the hotel, I was told I could get 6 free cocktails, though I never took advantage of that. Other guests are allowed 3 free cocktails.

The hotel is operated by Wisco Hotel Group. Some other people attending the same conference I did stayed at two of the group's other properties in the area: a Holiday Inn and Baymont Inn. They all said their hotels were nice, too.

I did use the hotel's fitness room while I was there. It was nice and modern, but typically small as most of these things go. The equipment, which included a weight machine and an elliptical, were in like new condition.

Overall, I would stay at the Comfort Suites in a heartbeat if I ever have a chance to visit Madison again. The only improvement I could recommend would be that the parking lot needs to be repaved, and it's a little bit of a rough exit onto the road, so drive slowly!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
gmreviews, Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Thank- you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at out Hotel. We hope to see you again soon !

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!