I was apprehensive of this place based on the low price, but based on reviews I thought it would be clean and quiet. It wasn't.
1) Old. They have keys. Not key cards. Duplication of keys pose a security problem, plus when checking out the keys are merely dropped in a window well. Anyone could walk by and pick up your key. Everything in the room was old except for bed linens. The mattress sagged so bad on one side I nearly rolled out of bed several times.
2) Dirty. The first impression when walking the halls is the awful smell. Then opened the door to find a worse smell. A musty, body odor smell. We decided to open a window to get some fresh air, but the location next to the landfill posed another problem. The outside air had a natural gas odor. My eyes and throat burned with both air conditioning and natural air. Cobwebs, carpet dirt and wall splashes behind the toilet (what do you think that was?) contribute to the skid row motif.
3) Loud. It's next to the interstate and the windows and walls do nothing to stop the noise.
4) Breakfast. I've had worse. The omelet station, sausages, fruit, butter and cream cheese are only available on weekends. On a Monday morning those were not available. I didn't use the omelet station when it was available. After watching several people finger the cooking utensils I questioned the cleanliness. There's a restroom directly in the breakfast area and people use it. The smells were atrocious.
I can't understand the positive reviews this place gets. I've stayed at a lot of cheep hotels before, but this one is near the bottom of the heap. We won't return.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn Madison
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 story interior corridor property, Seasonal outdoor pool. Fitness Center. Snack shop in Lobby. Business Center in Guest Breakfast Area. FREE hot breakfast (waffles). Cooking area for long-term stays. Guest laundry. I-39/90, exit 142A. FREE truck, car and bus parking. Across from DeJoppe Gaming on US 12-18. University of Wisconsin 5 miles. Restaurants, gas and diesel nearby. FEMA = WI 5094. All rooms are non-smoking (2010 WI State law). Pet friendly (charge). Weekly rentals available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Madison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.