“Good for families” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Good for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Spent last night at Homewood Suites. Before booking I found it quite hard to find a true suite in Madison, and by that I mean a suite with a door between a bedroom and a living room with a sleeper sofa. Most hotels were representing themselves as having suites, but had only a a little three foot partition between a bed and a living area. No true privacy and quite crazy when they were also providing two televisions within an open area like that. Homewood had a real suite with a nice bedroom with a king sized bed, and a completely separate living room with a sleeper sofa. I really appreciated it, as this allowed our boys to come and go without disturbing my husband and me. Both the bedroom and the living room had separate flat screen televisions, so again, we could watch different things at different times without disturbing each other.

The only problem we had was with the sleeper sofa Our two college-aged boys said the sleeper was uncomfortable as they could really feel the metal bars underneath. I don't think this would be a problem if you were traveling with younger children.

Rooms come with a nicer than average hot breakfast, and the suites do have full kitchens, although we didn't take advantage of this other than storing some beer in the fridge. This hotel also has a nice indoor pool and spa that our boys enjoyed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Christopher H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Madison West, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review! I am glad that you found our one bedroom suite accommodating of your needs. We do supply additional foam mattress toppers for the pullout sofas since they can feel less supportive for full sized adults. Its good to hear that you enjoyed our pool and hot tub as well. I hope to see you again the next time you're in Madison!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Humble, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at this location to catch an early morning flight. Hotels closer to airport were sold out so had a 25 minute drive to airport the next morning. Arrived at hotel late and left really early so didn't see much of the hotel or have breakfast but staff was nice at check in and room was clean and typical for a Homewood Suites (good size room with small kitchen). Thought the bathroom was a little small given the size of the rest of the room and the TV location was a little strange being in the middle of the room so it can be viewed from the sofa or the bed instead of having two TVs. TV signal was poor. Overall I thought rate was a little pricey for the location and time of year but maybe something was going on that I didn't know about. No complaints and I would probably stay here again if price was right.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel because my daughter had a hockey camp at the University of Madison. It was a 10 minute drive to the campus from the hotel, but we thought the drive was worth it. The rooms were very quiet, staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was okay. I wish they were able to cook the breakfast to order like other suite/hotels. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Christopher H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Madison West, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Madison! I'm glad that you enjoyed the suite and our service. We are always working to improve our breakfast offerings and I will take into consideration your comments. If you ever have a reason to visit Madison again we hope to see you!
Kenosha, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

pool was slimy and cloudy.. I swam in it briefly and was disgusted and got out. Suite bathroom floors were not entirely clean. When I came in to the room, there was dental floss on the floor of the bathroom which was not mine. It stayed there for the entire 3 days I was a guest. Also there was only one paper coffee cup when I arrived in the room.. and only 2 single serve coffees. No sugar. Even though the dishes stated they were clean and ready to use, they were stained and spotted. I rewashed before use. Room 412 bedroom over head light kept flickering. The couch's cushions are pretty flat. The bed pillows were very lumpy and the mattress was way too soft. My back was in pain by the time I checked out. Most of these items were not relayed to the front office staff as they cannot do much on lumpy pillows, bad mattresses and flat couches. I've written to the management on those items. Front office staff was wonderful and fast and friendly. No complaints there at all. They made the hotel experience a bit better to deal with. Would I stay here again? No. Why did I stay here? For business and my company has a direct bill with the hotel, so I didn't have to hassel with expense reports. Pros -- close to shopping, close to decent restaurants.. Cons - see above review :-)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Sperry, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Great stay, nice room, only complaint was the chicken for dinner meal was a little spicy, and biscuit not as good as a dinner roll. Breakfast was very good. The bathroom was a little cramped couldn't find toilet paper behind door. Might be better to put paper on stand in corner. Shower was outstanding. Or maybe I should close door when going, lol. Thanks for hospitality.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback! We will take into account your comments about the spiciness of the food at dinner. Glad that you enjoyed the stay and we hope to have you back very soon!
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Said it before and it’s impossible not to say it again: Homewood Suites are just the best thing Hilton has going. Having just come from a high-rise Chicago Hilton the night before where much was left to be desired – what a joy to roll in here and see a little card waiting for us: “Thank you for the opportunity to let us serve you. As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member you are one of our most important guests. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton family of hotels. Welcome home, we hope you enjoy your stay.” Now that, the rest of you Hiltons, is the way to do it!

The M-Th dinner is, as always, such a treat. Hot coffee in the lobby all day long. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were very inviting (lots of towels, chaise lounges, a really functional physical set-up; and if there are kids in the house, they will own this venue, trust me, and that is as it should be). Outdoor patio and seating is plentiful. Everything is clean clean clean. And the staff are total professionals, a real tribute to the Hilton brand that keeps us all coming right back – which is where we’ll be the very next time we are in Madison WI, happily back at the Homewood Suites.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We know that you travel a lot and really do appreciate your loyalty. I am glad that your experience represented Hilton well and your comments are high praise indeed. Thank you again for your business. We hope for the opportunity to serve you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Overall a nice place, but a little overpriced for what you get. The fridge in the room was noisy but the A/C unit's roar drowned it out. Fitness center needed attention as the video monitors weren't working or you couldn't change the channel and no cups for water. The rooms were very clean and the staff very helpful. Just a touch overpriced for what you got.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HamptonGM283, General Manager at Homewood Suites Madison West, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Thank you for the opportunity to have you as our guest while you were away for the weekend in Madison! We are happy that you were pleased with our service and cleanliness of the hotel. Thank you for sharing your feedback on the exercise facilty and you can be sure that we will use your feedback to improve our service.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us and we hope to have you visit us again when you are in Madison.

Stephanie Bracken

Been to Homewood Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!