“Nice Place to hangout in the evening” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Nice Place to hangout in the evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have been to Erin's few times recently and it is a nice place to hangout in the evenings. Drinks are ok and snacks are good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I've been to this place a couple of times now. The food is delicious and very Irish. The staff was very knowledgeable about the different food choices

Visited February 2014
Springfield
“A+ Excellent for fine dining, drinks and social atmosphere all in one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Madison is lucky to have many fine dining choices and quality bar/social atmospheres. However, few establishments do both well. Erin's really has it all in one place and is one of my favorite places in Madison to dine and/or have a drink and socialize. The atmosphere is warm, dark and inviting. The beer selection is outstanding (Potosi is one of my favorites). The decor is unique and very well done. There is also a very nice outdoor seating area for summer. Some of my favorite dishes at Erin's are the Guinness stew, shepherd's pie, jumbo shrimp and the Friday fish fry. I'm not usually a steak person but I am sort of a foodie. In the last 12 months I have tried what I heard were the top five, been around forever and "known for steaks" Madison restaurants. Recently at Erin's, the waiter asked me with a big grin, "Have you ever tried our steaks?" I hadn't, so I tried the filet. I had eaten there numerous times and never thought about ordering steak in an rish pub. The filet at Erin's was the hands down flavor winner over the more well known steak places. It was good sized, very flavorful, mildly smokey and cut with a butter knife. And cost 50% less than some of the "known for steaks" places. Very impressive.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Friendly, Fast and Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great and quick take-out service. Had the Ceasar with calamari and the Southwest Chicken Salad. Both delicious and ample portions. Staff were friendly and efficient.

Visited December 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Disappointing Food, Beautiful Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had dinner here with two other travelers while on business in Madison. The parking lot was completely full, and so I had high hopes for a great dinner. When we got parked and inside, we found that the restaurant was hosting a few Christmas parties (the layout for the parties looked nice). The restaurant itself is really beautiful – it is decorated in dark colors like you would expect from an Irish Pub, but still very bright and clean.

I had the Kelly’s Top Sirloin with Rosemary Glaze (sauce recommended by our server). I ordered medium rare, and it came out rare (and less than rare for some bites). The Rosemary glaze was pretty good, but the sautéed vegetables were really bland like they were from the freezer section of the grocery store. I ordered the Guinness Chocolate Cake for dessert – it was really disappointing, dry and pretty flavorless.

The bright side of dinner was that the beers were cold and the atmosphere was nice.

Visited December 2013