“outstanding sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Craig
“outstanding sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

expensive, yes... but worth every penny! I visit Madison 1-2 times per year and come back every time. I have never been dissapointed. Unique very tasty rolls, outstanding sushi and fantastic dishes.

• Visited June 2012

Wisconsin
“Best sushi place I have ever found!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I can't find sushi this good anywhere else. I wish my wife loved it as much as I do. I find every ingredient to be so amazing in terms of taste. You won't go wrong trying this place out! Nobody compares to Muramoto! Wish the restaurant was bigger as its usually full and there's nowhere to wait near the front door but I don't go they're for the comfy waiting area.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“No Sushi expert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I read all the bad reviews for MURAMATO and decided to put in my modest opinion too. The place looks great from the outside and looks fantastic from the inside....very very stylish, contemporary design ... I feel great every time i walk in there.
Been there quite a few times ... Never experienced bad service , i acctually love their staff ... They blend in very well with the restaurants atmosphere.
Like i said ... Im no sushi expert, like some of the other people who posted reviews .... But i definetly say that by my humble opinion its the best sushi in town.
Sometimes there is a little wait for your food... But .... Its sushi... Not deepfried chicken wings .... i am ready to wait!

Wisconsin
“A great date night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We always have a wonderful date night at Sushi Muramoto! We had fabulous sushi and great service. We always get a special roll plus a few different basic rolls and we always feel like we have enough to eat and it's always tasty!

• Visited June 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“The crab cake made my tummy hurt”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We love sushi. And this place can do that "fairly" well. We ate on a Sunday, usually not the freshest day for fish. Unfortunately we ordered the crab cakes as appetizer: one was 'somewhat' done and one was not. I gave the done one to my wife - and didn't ask for them to finish cooking mine, I was hungry and in a hurry (and also thinking it would be fine). Bummer for the tummer. The fried salmon skin roll nearly made up for the crab cake misstep - but the under-done cake had the gastric upper hand later on. I feel a bit foolish after paying $65 for lunch and then needing a Pepsid. Should have hit the Great Dane across the street - their Sunday buffet was a better choice in hindsight.

• Visited May 2012