“Perfectly located, impeccably professional--and continually working to improve.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at the Concourse annually for about the past fifteen years; we attended UW and still have good friends in Madison. The quality of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff have never faltered. The location in downtown Madison, on Capitol Square, a short walk from the campus, can't be beat for convenience. And the lake-view rooms are a treat. The quality of the furnishings have kept pace with the times. And so has the equipment in the gym.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Wausau, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

The Concourse Hotel is a beautiful & convenient place to stay in downtown Madison. The hotel itself offers everything you need, including pool & workout facilities, a great restaurant & bar, room service, a welcoming lobby, & a parking garage. The staff is friendly & accomodating, even facilitating the delivery of milk & cookies to our room upon our arrival! The location cannot be beat, as it is just one block from State Street & the Capitol Square. You can stay at the Concourse, park your car, & walk to all the great restaurants, shopping & other attractions in the downtown/University area. We love it for family week-end getaways!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

My wife and I had a wonderful time at The Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club and will most assuredly return. Everyone from the receptionists who greeted us to those in the Governor's Club and staff who cleaned our room were very nice and accommodating. I surprised my wife for her birthday and she was truly impressed. Our stay was fun and relaxing. The workout area was great, as were the pool and sauna. We enjoyed cocktails before heading out on a casual walk to the nearby Fresco restaurant for dinner and then a musical at the Overture. On Sunday, the continental breakfast was great as well and a terrific way to start off our day.
The room was comfortable and offered a beautiful view of the Capitol. I wish we could have stayed more than a weekend, but it was much fun, nevertheless. Kudos to all who work at the Concourse. You have a wonderful establishment that truly caters to those looking for an enjoyable stay in Madison. I am hopeful of our return at some point soon and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

The Madison Concourse Hotel is one of my favorite hotels, definitely my number one choice when staying in Madison, WI. The hotel has amazing customer service, the beds are divine and facilities are excellent. My suggestion would be to upgrade to a Governor's Club room-totally worth every cent. Upon arrival we were treated to complimentary top shelf cocktails (6 hours in the evening!) and hors d' oeuvers in the private Governor's Club lounge (the view is AMAZING). Dan, the bartender, makes a sassy lemon drop martini:) We were in Madison for a girl's weekend-and enjoyed every minute. The Concourse is right in the center of everything "Madison" (State Street, The Capitol, University of WI campus, The Overture Center, tons of nightlife. The next morning, after sleeping so good (the only hotel where I find the bed to be better than my own at home) we had a tasty complimentary continental breakfast-available in the GC lounge. When staying in Madison, I tell everyone about this place...It's such a decadent treat.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Bloomington, IL.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

If you are looking for the perfect location in Madison. This is it! Rooms are spotless and the service can't be beat. Perfect for a long weekend or a business trip.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

I stayed at this hotel in 2008 October and I have to say that its a decent place to stay, especially if you want to be within walking distance of the University and Capitol. I chose to get a room with a view of the Capitol and the views, especially at night were quite amazing! The staff were very cordial and easy to work with. I needed to get my sheets replaced (fault was mine, since I had left my DND sign on the door when I headed out) and get some toothpaste. One call to the front desk and the cleaning lady was there within 10 minutes to replace the sheets.

Since I was pretty much exhausted by the time I got back, I ordered room service and the food I should say was very good! It was a pleasant surprise, especially since I am vegetarian and don't eat meat or seafood. I ordered a pizza, sandwich, panini during the course of my stay and liked all 3 items.

The front desk staff are very friendly and the hotel has a business center where you can get print outs or send/receive faxes in case you need to, which I found to be a blessing since I was traveling on business and needed to get printouts at least 2 or 3 times while I was there.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

This was the first time we visited Madison and what a great city! My husband's cousin lives here and told us about the Concourse Hotel. He said they have great reputation so we decided to give it a try. What a treat!
The location was awesome! It's so close to everything. My daughter loves the Children's Museum and the Historical Museum, both only a block or so away. The staff were so helpful and catered to all of our needs (trust me, with a small child, you appreciate all the help and kindness you can get). The people at the desk even gave my daughter a little toy to play with!
The room was comfortable and very clean. The bed was so comfortable, I didn't ever want to leave. My next mattress at home would be the exact same one they use (I made a note).
The pool was kid-friendly as well. We really enjoyed ourselves.
Everything was perfect and we can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club? Share your experiences!