I stayed here for a 3-day continuing education course with the University of Wisconsin. The hotel was clean and well kept even though it was quite busy with various summer conferences.
The bars and restaurants in the hotel did not seem overpriced. Parking and check-in during rush hour can be a bit hectic. The hotel staff is VERY helpful and well coordinated with various conferences and activities going on in the area.
Hotel taxes in Madison are high. This is typical of towns hosting large universities. I think most reservation systems factor in taxes.
Wi-fi was excellent. There was a refrigerator in the room; no microwave either in the room or on the floor. The soda machine ate $2.00 of mine. I didn't feel like going down the elevator and complaining.
We had a burnt out lamp in the bathroom. Maintenance responded promptly.
I didn't have a chance to check out the pool or exercise room so refer to other reviews for that.
Overall, I'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Madison’s hotel. Our staying power is confirmed by our long-standing dedication to being downtown Madison’s premier hotel and we are proud to be named Best Hotel for Business and Pleasure by Madison Magazine. We offer our guests a special Madison experience through our distinctive customer focus and perfect location that cannot be found at a chain hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madison Concourse Hotel And Governors
- Concourse Hotel Madison Wi