In a nutshell, this hotel offers location and quality rest. It is quiet, both inside:outside and room to room. The beds and such are not top shelf, but are very good. It is a block or so away from the Capitol (Wisconsin), and blocks from many highly considered restaurants.
The bar has attentive and warm but technically (in a true cocktail sense) untrained tenders (or equally likely, they have been trained by management to serve mediocre drinks). Indeed, the latter is more likely, because the restaurant delivers similar results. The service is warm (though the restaurant empty), but the food is mostly completely uninspiring. Crispy calamari is served with a marinara sauce that is the blandest and most innocuous I have ever encountered. Delicious broiled scallops are served with equally bland sauces in inadequate quantity over a squid ink colored but equally bland risotto. These failures are in the kitchen and with management, not with service.
Changes in the bar and kitchen aimed at producing top grade (not watery and flavorless) cocktails and interesting sauces would go a long way into making this a top rank hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Madison’s hotel. Our staying power is confirmed by our long-standing dedication to being downtown Madison’s premier hotel and we are proud to be named Best Hotel for Business and Pleasure by Madison Magazine. We offer our guests a special Madison experience through our distinctive customer focus and perfect location that cannot be found at a chain hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madison Concourse Hotel And Governors
- Concourse Hotel Madison Wi