“I drove cross country and back, this was the one place that I stopped at both ways it was so nice.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Madison Hotel

Ranked #37 of 64 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Silverdale, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was traveling with my teenage son and our dog and it was so nice to be so welcomed by the staff upon our arival. The night before that had not been the case at another hotel. We were on a very long trip fron the west coast to the east coast and back, they were so nice we planned our return trip so we could stop there again on the way home. They even directed us to a nearby dog park so we could take our dog to play. We learned on that trip the difference between "allowing dogs" in a hotel and being "dog friendly" this hotel is very dog friendly and I for one really appreciated it....thank you

• Stayed May 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Stayed in this Hotel for the weekend of Wisconsin v. Michigan State. The hotel was hosting fans, coaches, players, and two weddings but the staff never seemed to miss a beat.

The room was clean, spacious, featured a large flat screen TV, and the business friendly accouterments you would expect from a mainline American chain hotel.

Those interested in the fitness center will be happy to find new equipment, such as elliptical machines, and free weights. There is also a fair sized pool, hot tub and large sauna.

The staff was extremely accommodating when our group and others made a Saturday evening camp of the hotel lobby (with several internet terminals and a very large HD flatscreen) by extending the bar service to our area.

The in house restaurant, Heartland, was an excellent choice for both breakfast or a relaxed dinner.

I gave three stars on service because the Hotel's airport shuttle was absent upon our arrival despite calling ahead for pick-up. Being told that another shuttle would arrive in 45 minutes was unacceptable, luckily the cab ride from the airport is about $20.

I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

My colleague and I stayed at this hotel for a conference last week. This hotel was the cheapest of the recommended hotels near the Monona Terrace Conference Center, and it was a great deal! The only problem was that the conference was too early for the shuttle! The parking at the Monona Conference Center was expensive, but at least parking at the hotel was free. My only complaint was that the shower heads were very, very short. I'm 6 feet tall and I had to bend down to my knees to get my head under the shower!

The shuttle driver took us down to State Street at night, which was a great time. The conference center is beautiful and modern.

Great stay!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

Tamika or Fernando have got to be the most freindly and helpful people that anyone could ask for when staying in a hotel. I would highly recommend a stay here and ask for either one of them.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

My wife and I just got back from a special stay here at this Sheraton in Madison, and I can't say enough about how great the staff are there. A special shout out of "thank you"
to Chef Graham Smith , Tamika at the front desk, Kate O. , and Brian behind the bar. We were lucky enough to experience a special menu presented to us from their Chef and kitchen staff . A superstar Iron Chef / Top Chef in our opinion!!! People in Madison we envy you for having such a talented Chef to cook for you !!! We were treated like a King and Queen and we can't thank these individuals enough, you are all truly special people . We wish you the best and we'll see you again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

This hotel allows pets and have no pet free rooms. They do not warn you of this up front and were not friendly about it. They do not keep track of which rooms housed animals or even when. Thus if you are allergic to animal dander you are at risk.

It is poor customer service for a hotel of this caliber not to be able to accommodate travelers with animal dander allergies. At the very least they should keep a row of rooms that are kept pet free. (or, as competitors do, have a specific wing of the hotel that accommodates pets so there's no mixing of the two types of rooms).

Shame on this hotel for not accommodating the thousands of travelers who have allergies!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

The best part of my stay at the Madison Sheraton was the way I was treated by the staff. The staff, especially Tamika, were very professional, courteous, friendly, helpful. These days it's hard to find a place that has good customer service. I think Tamika went above and beyond in the performance of her duties by always being friendly and welcoming everytime I came through the lobby. Normally I get treated very well because I am some what of a big deal and very good looking. No, really, I am beautiful; anyway; not only did they treat me very well because I am all that and a bag of chips but also because they really did care about my experiance at the hotel. In summary, I would like to say that the staff at the Madison Sheraton really do take pride in what they do and really care if you have a good experiance at their hotel or not. Whether you are awesome like me or not; they treat everyone the same--as royalty

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!