“Excellent Value off Priceline otherwise Above Average” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago
“Excellent Value off Priceline otherwise Above Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

It seems like they are aggressive at booking their rooms and you can often book the Sheraton for much, much less than retail rates off a certain website represented by a former starship captain. Madison's hospitality taxes will really bump up the tab though. Nice lobby area. I thought the receptionists were very gracious and hospitable. Get ready for your hallway to be decorated in a funky blueness :-) I thought the bedding was very comfortable and the furniture was similar to a renovated Hampton or County Inn. Granite in the bathroom and a real tub. Downside is no complimentary breakfast and it is not convenient to downtown restaurants. It's still an excellent value off priceline (after taxes) but that value becomes relative beyond a certain point depending upon your requirements and your itinerary.

• Stayed June 2013
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate your gracious comments about our hotel. I’m happy that you found our team members to be hospitable and welcoming. We are always striving to improve the appearance of our hotel as well, so thank you for noticing our efforts. The next time you are here, feel free to take our complementary shuttle downtown! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Best Wishes,

Lisa Watts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've stayed here many times and have had more pleasant stays recently than the past utilitarian stays (Starwood loyalty, descent bed, lounge, etc.). The on-site restaurant is above average (in general looks like Starwood is really revamping their restaurants), we were lucky to be upgraded to a suite on the 8th floor. Room layout was great, walk-in shower and Jacuzzi were stellar, and the kids were enthralled being face-to face with the birds and their nests (and unfortunate side effects on the windows). The pool is average but a nice size. While not walking distance from downtown, they do have a shuttle which is convenient when you don't want to drive or parking is at a minimum. Based on previous stays I would give this hotel a 3 star rating but they've creeped up to a 3.5 (gave them the round up).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your comments, and we are always looking to improve our hotel in areas that need attention. I am happy that you enjoyed your upgrade and the layout of your room. Our hotel offers several amenities, and I am pleased that you were able to try many of them out. We look forward to your next stay with us!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I received a good rate, so I decided to stay at this location rather than one of the hotels near the capital. With that being said, it is still within driving distance of downtown (maybe 7 mins or so). However, nothing is really close to it. When you walk out the doors, there is nothing within walking distance.
As far as the hotel, it was average. I think because of my lower rate that they gave me a subpar room. The TV had lines across it. One of the lamp's knob was missing. So the only way to turn it off was to disconnect the cord, which had to be about 8-10 feet long and stretched across the room because there were no outlets near the lamp.
Despite the other reviews, I thought the beds were quite comfy.
The bar staff, at least on the first day, were not very cordial or welcoming. He wasn't very sociable. The front desk staff were okay, I guess. However, I walked to the counter several times during my stay for information, and several of the women would just look at me. No greeting or anything. Maybe its me, but nowadays isn't it rare, in the service industry, to have to speak first when offering your patronage.
Restaurant was below average. Ordered cheese curds and soup ($16) and very average. Opted to go other places after that experience.
Pros: Free internet, Free Parking, Free Shuttle Downtown. Good Value

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations as a hotel. These examples do not reflect the standards that we hold ourselves highly to, and I assure you that the appropriate departments will hear your feedback. We strive to better our hotel and service, so thank you for bringing these examples to our attention. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Madison; we won’t disappoint you twice!

Grants Pass, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were given a room with 2 doubles, rather than the king or queen we reserved. We were told hotel was full and our orginal reservation could not be accomodated. The AC was loud and the beds not particularly comfortable. The room was small and the bathroom tiny. Don't look for any more than your basic old, small hotel room.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologize on behalf of the hotel that we failed to meet your expectations. We appreciate all of our guests, and I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your room request. I assure you that your feedback will be heard by the appropriate departments. I hope you decide to stay with us again if you are back in Madison; we will show you what true hospitality is!

Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This sheraton is okay. Don't expect anything special and you won't feel let down.
It's easier to break it into a list of plusses and minuses.
Pros.
Its right on a great bike path that takes you around a big lake and right into downtown. There are bikes for rent.
Very close to alliance energy center, if that's where you're headed.
Cons
The tv is small for the room. Makes it harder to enjoy the basketball game or whatever you're watching.
One of the beds was so close to the wall that it was nearly impossible to get in out of bed without climbing over your partner.
Its not super close to downtown, so you'd have to drive (or bike.) Parking downtown can be somewhat problematic.
Ac was very noisy.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize for your room conditions on behalf of the hotel. Thank you for bringing these things to our attention, as we strive to improve our hotel every day. I’m happy that you enjoyed the bike path and our location. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Madison!

Best Wishes,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel was nice, clean and staff friendly. We stayed for 3 nights with our kids. The room felt a little old but totally fine. I like the washable down comforters they have in bed much more than some old synthetic blanket. We stayed in a king bed plus pullout couch room which was big but no divider whatsoever. So everyone was in one big room which was not clear when we booked. Also there was no refrigerator in the room and when I called and asked I was informed that this could be arranged for $10 per night, left a bitter taste in our mouth and meant that we kept bringing in ice and wasting plastic bags to keep the kids milk cold.

Pros: comfortable bed, friendly staff, good location, free parking
Cons: Walls are not very thick, No refrigerator in the room, Staff forgot a note on my bill when I checked out about an offer I had been promised when booking so I had to point it out to them upon checkout

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side face a park and seem less noisy. King w couch are huge but all in one room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and the cleanliness of our hotel. Our team members appreciate each and every one of our guests, and I am happy that you found everyone to be friendly. I apologize for the confusion with the room layout and for the note that we missed at your checkout. With the refrigerator, we do now offer complementary fridges upon request, so feel free to ask for one during your next stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great location and very pleasant staff. Eric at the front desk was super friendly and gave us the rundown of all the local attractions and transportation options. The club lounge was very nice with a good breakfast spread. Steven, who seemed to be there 24/7 during my stay, very very helpful and nice.

Room Tip: The suites on the 8th floor are quite spacious.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy that you appreciated the location of our hotel and our amenities as well. Our club lounge is a great perk to upgrade to, and I am pleased that you were able to utilize that. I’ll be sure to pass along your positive feedback to our fellow team members. We hope to see you again soon!

Lisa Watts

Been to Sheraton Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!