“Wedding Reception - Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Wedding Reception - Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Location: As Madison residents with several out-of-town guests, we needed a location that could accommodate a large number of people in an easy to navigate location. The Sheraton was perfect. Plenty of room, even with 300+ guests, and easy to get to. And, lots of our out-of-town guests came in a few nights early and took the free shuttle to downtown.

Overall Service: We cannot say enough good things about the staff at the Sheraton. Lauren and Jeff are both outstanding. Lauren is extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and accommodating; our meetings with her were extremely helpful in creating an amazing reception. The staff are very polite, efficient, and talented. It seemed that everything ran as a fine-tuned machine – plates came out at the perfect rate, and transitions were flawless – but, at the same time, you almost didn't notice they were there. Serving perfection.

A quick note on value: Yes, a wedding is pricey. But, every dollar we spent at the Sheraton was WELL WORTH IT. The amount of praise we received from our guests was unbelievable, and, if given the opportunity to do it all over, we would do it exactly the same way.

Congratulations to the staff at the Sheraton for creating such an unbelievable experience for their guests. Well done.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brian J, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for such a detailed and positive response! I am so happy to hear that we made your wedding reception perfect in all aspects. Lauren is definitely a valued asset to our Sheraton team. I’m pleased to hear that her knowledge and passion made your wedding reception that much more wonderful. Our banquets team is also passionate about making important nights like yours memorable. I’m happy to hear that they too exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your positive feedback and for choosing to stay with us.

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Muskego, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with cash and points last night. I'm already writing a review this morning because our stay was so incredible. We picked this hotel because we have a dog and they allow them at this property. A little hesitant to arrive with our 130-pound Great Dane, we walked in and were immediately greeted with warm welcomes from everyone. All of the staff were so friendly ... especially the gentleman checking us in. We received top-notch service from him. He upgraded us to a suite, and then when he learned that we had a dog with us, instead of shoving us in a dog room, he upgraded us to an executive suite to give us more room! And, to top it off, we got access to the club lounge for free as a courtesy. I didn't ask for any of these items ... we were treated like royalty! The free Wi-Fi was an added bonus.

Great location, super clean, and incredibly friendly staff everywhere we turned! Thank you, Sheraton Madison, for making this one of our best-ever stays!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your gracious and detailed post. I am very pleased to hear that our front office team greeted you with warmth and welcome. Our furry friends are always welcome too! I’m happy to hear that our front office agent upgraded you to an executive suite along with the club lounge access. We always strive to surprise and “wow” our guests while they are staying with us. Next time you are in Madison please come back to the Sheraton so we can make another memorable impression!

Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went with a package deal for our trip to the Isthmus beer and cheese fest, 154 + tax for room and 2 tickets to the event so it was too good of a deal to pass up. We got in around 1 and the lobby was packed, where told the room was not ready, I had planned for that and said it was not an issue, but than the manager came over and told him to upgrade us to another room on the preferred level, very nice of them for doing that so bonus points there.

Only downside of the trip was the shuttle service from the fest to the hotel was kind of a mess, its less than a mile away but with sub zero temps and wind speeds walking to the hotel in a dress was not my girlfriends plan, after waiting for 30+ mins the shuttle pulled up, we ran over to it and it just drove past us, we where banging on the door asking them to stop and the guy just kept going, didn't even stop to say he was full, he looked right at us and kept driving away so we ended up walking anyways. So bonus points for the room upgrade where lost there.

Otherwise the bed was super comfy, room was normal size, and didn't have any issues with noise, they also made up for ditching us at the fest by driving us downtown and picking us back up later. Will be staying again for 2014 beer fest I'm sure

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian J, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
It is great that you were able to take advantage of our Beer & Cheese Fest package. I am happy that you enjoyed the festival as well as the Sheraton. It is great that you were upgraded to our Club Level and were able to enjoy the amenities that we have to offer. I do want to apologize however for the confusion with the shuttle. Please know your comments have been addressed with the appropriate department managers to ensure this does not occur in the future. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your request to go downtown after Beer & Cheese Fest and pick you up as well. Thank you again for your comments; we are looking forward to your visit again soon!

Marco Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A Great Price from Hotwire again for this Hotel. Third time here. All the employees from the first people you meet at the front desk to the people you pass in the halls to the guy mopping the floor in the fitness center are very friendly and always greet you, ask if you are enjoying your stay or ask if your room is O K. First time there with the wife and she loved the four pillows on the bed and the big white comforters. Our room was not large but very adequate and very clean. We were on the fourth floor and it was a bit noisy up until 8PM with doors slamming up and down the hall but that all seemed to stop shortly after 8PM. And, I maybe should not say slamming. The doors are very heavy doors that close with a bang but, my wife said she felt very secure with the heavy door and the double latch/lock. I would stay here again and probably will for Art on the Square again this summer. For me and the wife, it's all good!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is great to hear that we are your preferred hotel in Madison! It sounds like you truly experienced the wonderful hospitable staff we have working here. Please know we are in the process of fixing the doors from slamming and this should be implemented within the next year for the convenience of our guests. Again, thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to be your hotel of choice and look forward to your next visit.

Mount Vernon, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We picked this hotel due to its proximity to the belt-line and downtown. Prices and parking in downtown Madison hotels can be problematic. Most of the reasonably priced hotels in Madison are several miles from the downtown action. Two additional factors were that we wanted a hotel with a pool for our 3 year old to enjoy and we brought our 60 lb golden retriever. As you might imagine our hotel options were limited.

The lobby was clean and looked upscale without the upscale price. We were here both for business and pleasure and we only stayed for one night.

I only have two complaints.

1. The noise from the hallway into our room was obvious. In normal circumstances this is not an issue because most guests are quite in the halls after hours. However, there must have been a bachelorette party or a girls night going on in the room across the hall from ours. I woke up at an early AM hour to a great deal of noise from the hallway outside of our room. It seemed like the noise from the hallway should not have been so obvious.

2. The pool did not have stairs into it only ladders. Sounds petty I know, but when you have a 3 year old that you have to convince to join you in the pool, stairs are a big deal.

Neither of these issues would deter me from staying again, but they are worth a mention.

We stayed in late November on a Thursday night for $109.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your very detailed response. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and found our hotel to have all of the amenities that you were looking for. It is great that you were able to enjoy the pool and bring your sweet golden retriever with you; we sure love our furry friends that stay with us! I do want to apologize however for the inconveniences you experienced with the loud noise, we do have security on as well as a manager each night to help monitor for any noise or disturbances. I will be sure we do a better job with this in the future. We will also take into consideration your concern with there not being any stairs into our pool. Thanks again for your feedback and we are very pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay. See you next time!

Cassville, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I enjoyed the pool and hottub, but otherwise the quality of my trip was poor. I could smell someone smoking even though there was a sign saying that the building did not allow smoking. I could hear the people 3 rooms down being loud and obnoxious. They were yelling and such until around 9 or so. They left and when they came back they were just as noisy.
I warn you, if you are taller, you will not enjoy the shower. The shower head was about 5.25 ft off the ground so I had to crouch to fit my head under the spray of water. The bathroom was slightly cramped as well.
The beds weren't that large, and the room didn't have that much moving space.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I want to sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations of our hotel. We are a smoke free hotel and do have a fine for guests that violate this law. We do have security as well as a manager on duty each night to help monitor for any noise or complaints. I will be sure to address your concerns with the appropriate department managers to ensure we are monitoring the halls better for any noise. We appreciate your feedback regarding the shower head and are taking the necessary actions to fix this for the comfort of our guests. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Madison you consider staying with us again; I know we will exceed your expectations on your next visit.

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is an older property a mile or so from Downtown Madison. Rooms are a little smaller but have all the Sheraton accoutrements. The pool is nice and bed was very comfortable. Did have a problem with the heat where we had to switch rooms one over but the staff was very accommodating, Shuttle will take you downtown and I'm assuming other places.

Room Tip: Make sure the heat works.It's an older system.