“Another Good Experience Here” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Marco Island, Florida
“Another Good Experience Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A Great Price from Hotwire again for this Hotel. Third time here. All the employees from the first people you meet at the front desk to the people you pass in the halls to the guy mopping the floor in the fitness center are very friendly and always greet you, ask if you are enjoying your stay or ask if your room is O K. First time there with the wife and she loved the four pillows on the bed and the big white comforters. Our room was not large but very adequate and very clean. We were on the fourth floor and it was a bit noisy up until 8PM with doors slamming up and down the hall but that all seemed to stop shortly after 8PM. And, I maybe should not say slamming. The doors are very heavy doors that close with a bang but, my wife said she felt very secure with the heavy door and the double latch/lock. I would stay here again and probably will for Art on the Square again this summer. For me and the wife, it's all good!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is great to hear that we are your preferred hotel in Madison! It sounds like you truly experienced the wonderful hospitable staff we have working here. Please know we are in the process of fixing the doors from slamming and this should be implemented within the next year for the convenience of our guests. Again, thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to be your hotel of choice and look forward to your next visit.

Guest Services Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Mount Vernon, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We picked this hotel due to its proximity to the belt-line and downtown. Prices and parking in downtown Madison hotels can be problematic. Most of the reasonably priced hotels in Madison are several miles from the downtown action. Two additional factors were that we wanted a hotel with a pool for our 3 year old to enjoy and we brought our 60 lb golden retriever. As you might imagine our hotel options were limited.

The lobby was clean and looked upscale without the upscale price. We were here both for business and pleasure and we only stayed for one night.

I only have two complaints.

1. The noise from the hallway into our room was obvious. In normal circumstances this is not an issue because most guests are quite in the halls after hours. However, there must have been a bachelorette party or a girls night going on in the room across the hall from ours. I woke up at an early AM hour to a great deal of noise from the hallway outside of our room. It seemed like the noise from the hallway should not have been so obvious.

2. The pool did not have stairs into it only ladders. Sounds petty I know, but when you have a 3 year old that you have to convince to join you in the pool, stairs are a big deal.

Neither of these issues would deter me from staying again, but they are worth a mention.

We stayed in late November on a Thursday night for $109.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your very detailed response. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and found our hotel to have all of the amenities that you were looking for. It is great that you were able to enjoy the pool and bring your sweet golden retriever with you; we sure love our furry friends that stay with us! I do want to apologize however for the inconveniences you experienced with the loud noise, we do have security on as well as a manager each night to help monitor for any noise or disturbances. I will be sure we do a better job with this in the future. We will also take into consideration your concern with there not being any stairs into our pool. Thanks again for your feedback and we are very pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay. See you next time!

Cassville, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I enjoyed the pool and hottub, but otherwise the quality of my trip was poor. I could smell someone smoking even though there was a sign saying that the building did not allow smoking. I could hear the people 3 rooms down being loud and obnoxious. They were yelling and such until around 9 or so. They left and when they came back they were just as noisy.
I warn you, if you are taller, you will not enjoy the shower. The shower head was about 5.25 ft off the ground so I had to crouch to fit my head under the spray of water. The bathroom was slightly cramped as well.
The beds weren't that large, and the room didn't have that much moving space.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I want to sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations of our hotel. We are a smoke free hotel and do have a fine for guests that violate this law. We do have security as well as a manager on duty each night to help monitor for any noise or complaints. I will be sure to address your concerns with the appropriate department managers to ensure we are monitoring the halls better for any noise. We appreciate your feedback regarding the shower head and are taking the necessary actions to fix this for the comfort of our guests. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Madison you consider staying with us again; I know we will exceed your expectations on your next visit.

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is an older property a mile or so from Downtown Madison. Rooms are a little smaller but have all the Sheraton accoutrements. The pool is nice and bed was very comfortable. Did have a problem with the heat where we had to switch rooms one over but the staff was very accommodating, Shuttle will take you downtown and I'm assuming other places.

Room Tip: Make sure the heat works.It's an older system.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and found our staff to be very friendly and attentive during your visit. It is great that you were able to relax in our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds and take advantage of our pool area. I do want to apologize however for the inconvenience with the heat; I’m happy that we were able to switch your room in a timely manner. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Madison you consider the Sheraton again.

West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at the Sheraton and were pleased with the comfort and service. The staff all had smiles on throughout the visit. The shuttle service is a great perk, They took us wherever we wanted within reason. Enjoyed the hot tub and complimentary Internet access and printer in the lobby. It has a bar and restaurant which were OK but nothing special.

Room Tip: The hotel shuttle will take you wherever you want to go (within reason) for a gratuity. Sign up for...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us and found our staff to be very friendly and helpful. It is great that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle and the many amenities we have to offer at the hotel like our pool/hot tub area and our bar and restaurant. We look forward to your next visit!

Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We are currently snowed in at the Sheraton. The quality staff made me change my rating from a good to a very good. EVERYONE is so kind and helpful! Even the guy out cleaning the parking lot and all the cars off from the snow stopped and played with my kids in the snow for a couple minutes and made them feel very special!

Although the pool area is beautiful and very clean we wish the pool was warmer and the hot tub to be warmer as well.

Food in the bar was delicious and the staff was very very friendly.

We are VERY near the elevator on the third floor...wish we weren't so close to the elevator..didn't have a very good night sleep due to the constant bell from the elevator.

Would have only given a good due to the details in the room that need addressed. Bubbling wallpaper and some mildew in the bathroom. But, again the staff has been INCREDIBLE!

Room Tip: DON'T get stuck near an elevator!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
It is great to hear that our staff was able to WOW you and your family while you were here during a snow storm. I am happy that you found our hotel to be very comfortable and our staff to go above and beyond to make sure you and your family had an enjoyable experience with us. I will be sure we address the areas of the hotel that need improving to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

They need to pay attention to the details. I stayed in room 412, and there were stains on things there shouldn't have been. For instance, there was a dark reddish stain on the comforter, a stain on the shower curtain, and crud around the hinges of the toilet seat. There was also an odd musty smell when we entered the room. Other than these things, the staff was courteous, the bed was comfortable, and the location was good. I got a good price on Hotwire. If I had paid more, I might have been unhappy.

• Stayed December 2012
Brian J, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am so sorry to learn that you found your room to be less than immaculate. I can assure you that this is not typical of the standard we hold ourselves to, we will address the issues immediately. I was happy to learn that you found our staff to be courteous and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed to be comfortable. I appreciate you staying at the Sheraton Madison and hope we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Been to Sheraton Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!