“Newly renovated and cheap!” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Madison, WI
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4830 Hayes Road, Exit 135a, Madison, WI 53704   |
Ranked #49 of 63 hotels in Madison
Vancouver, Canada
“Newly renovated and cheap!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel was a nice surprise after a long drive. The hotel has been recently renovated; rooms are clean and modern. The hotel also accepted the hotel saver coupon we had found at the rest area. After a cross-country road trip it was nice to stay somewhere that was reasonable and clean

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, WI, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in Madison, WI. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased you liked our renovated property. The staff worked very hard to finish with all the details in the past few weeks. We have received many compliments on the new rooms. Especially the new mattresses. I am glad you found us in the Room Savers book. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are traveling through the Madison, WI area. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us at the hotel anytime.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

My car was broke into, once I discovered it I ran to front desk asked about a camera they said no and told them what happened. The followinv morning they said I could not get another room cause there was another customer in lobby when I ran in told the front desk. I am sorry but that is crazy, my radio anx cds was stolen and I get kicked out, that'd bullcrap. There are drug dealers and prostitutes there go at your own risk...

• Stayed August 2012
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, WI, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I'm sorry you experienced such an unfortunate incident. We take safety and security very seriously and work closely with the local authorities to evict guests who may be disruptive to the safe environment our guests expect. I hope you will consider Red Roof again in your trravels and hope we can meet your expectations in the future.
GM - Red Roof Inn, Madison, WI
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

First class recption, helpful desk staff, clean rooms in a convenient location. This is one of the better Red Roof motels in the inventory, and I've stayed in a bunch of them!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in July, at our Madison, WI Red Roof Inn. I will share your comments with the staff. They are always pleased when guests let them know they did a great job. I am pleased to hear your comments about being a better hotel. We have also renovated our rooms since your stay. I hope in your travels you will stop by again and see our new look. Thank you again for your comments.
Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had one night at this hotel.

1. I asked them 4 times to provide us with the most non-smoking unit as we are travelling with kids, but we still got a smoked out unit. I told them about the issue and got a different unit with two times less smoke :)

2. I would rate 1-2 out of 5 the cleanliness of bathroom.

Except these issues, place looks nice/renovated/quiet, and very unexpensive for an average rated hotel.

Room Tip: Take your time to find the less smoked out unit.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in our Red Roof Inn of Madison, WI. I am sorry you had a room that the previous guest smoked in. I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff and maintenance to ensure they are reporting these to have them house cleaned before re-renting. We are a smoke free hotel, (WI Law Act 12), and occassionaly guests still smoke in our rooms. Again, I am sorry for this inconvenience. Since your last stay we have renovated the hotel, with all new carpets, drapery, beds, linens. It has made a big impact and has helped with the former smokey rooms. I hope in your future travels to Madison, WI you will give us another try and see our changes.
Steven Marsceau
GERMANTOWN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

In our travels we have never seen this before at a Red Roof, a 3rd party "Menu" card with Red Roof logos on it for "food delivery" ....$3.50 packaging fee plus food plus tip. Hamburger was $9.95.....comes with fries (wonder how warm that would be). There ARE restaurants in the area, NO THANKS to that. Also noted in lobby a computer to use, $3.50 access fee plus 39 cents a minute.....REALLY!!!!. We used our own computer, and hotel Wi-Fi which worked fine. Friendly staff, room clean, need new or cleaned carpet in our room, great location by Interstate....plenty of safe parking. We would return there again, good location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, WI, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Red Roof Inn of Madison, WI. We work with a company called Order Inn, and they provide the menus for our guest rooms and work with local restaurants to supply the delivery service. Several hotels are now using this in the Madison area, and the Restaurant that services our Red Roof is very good. Also, the internet in the lobby is also serviced by an outside company. They allow guests to check in and print boarding passes at the airport complimentary. There is a small charge to use the computer for all other services. You also mentioned we need a carpet upgrade. I am pleased to let you know that we will be starting a renovation in July with new carpets, beds, and linens. The guest rooms will have a great fresh update. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to hosting you for any future lodging needs,
Sincerely
Red Roof Inn- Madison, WI
Nisswa MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This Red Roof was nice, clean and affordable. Very nice place to stay with dogs.

Room Tip: Try for first floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn of Madison, WI.
We appreciate your comments, and yes all our rooms are pet friendly. Most of our guests traveling with pets, prefer the first floor and is very convenient with the exterior doors. Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to hosting you again for any of your lodging needs.
Steven Marsceau
Marshfield, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

We usually stay at this RRI when we come to visit relatives,and, since our reserved room was not ready we upgraded to a king superior,no problem. Quiet, well, until the 2:30 am bar crowd comes home to roost, but, hey, that's Madison, that's motel syndrome, not management's fault! A very stained chair cushion in the room, we turned the cushion, and guess what,,worse stain on bottom! Makes you not want to sit in it, know what I mean? (we washed it, and left it in better shape than we found it, your welcome!!)Coffee service in the room had one portion machine with one regular coffee packet, and two decafs, we both drink regular , so we made do with what we had. Also, a dirty towel left from a previous guest in bathroom, altogether makes us believe the housekeeper needs to be more, how shall I say, diligent in performing her change of room service. WiFi worked great, though. We will continue to stay at Red Roof
Inns in other cities ,in spite of these exceptions.

Stayed April 2012
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, WI, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us on 4/21/12.
I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping staff on the importance of making sure all items in the rooms are ready for our next guest. This means from making sure the coffee supplies are properly filled to making sure the corner chair is cleaned properly. I am sorry for this inconvenience and will definately follow up with the staff doing our inspections. I am also sorry you had noise issues in the early morning. There was a concert downtown on Friday night and we did have some younger people staying with us over the weekend. I will go over with the night staff to ensure on busier nights that they make more property walks to ensure our other sleeping guests are not disturbed. Thank you again for your comments and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you better on your next travels to the Madison are.
Sincerely
Manager-Red Roof Inn

Been to Red Roof Inn Madison, WI? Share your experiences!