“Crooks, BEWARE Janesville, WI Motel 6” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madison
Motel 6
You added Motel 6 to your Saves list
6402 East Broadway, Madison, WI 53704   |
Ranked #63 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Crooks, BEWARE Janesville, WI Motel 6”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just had a horrific experience at this place--BEWARE. They stole about a hundred bucks from me. Sleazy, gum-chewing, crook, the geriatric manager.

An ugly old hag at the front desk, the manager, will call you "Hon" to take you off your guard. I was tired and had asked to get an extension on my stay after 2 days there. She said initially that she couldn't do that, it would have to be separate. I'm not a regular at motels, so not that experienced with it, and she took full advantage of that.

I winced when she said I couldn't get one price for a full week (to include the 2 days I'd just stayed there). Fearing I was about to walk out the door (I was), she said, "Well, hon, let me see what I can do." She starts clicking on her computer and says, "Yeah, with the discount I can do it for $214. I perked up and said, "Wow, that's less than what the other girl quoted...so that's for the full week?" Her: "Yes, hon." Me: "So you'll credit me for the other 2 days, and there will just be this one charge of $214 for the total week." Her: "That's right, hon." She gave me the receipt and it looked funny, it showed a $300-something amount in parentheses. Again, I was tired, but still wanted to make sure what I would be charged for the one week. So again (about the 3rd time I asked to ensure my charge) I asked her, pointed to the receipt and said this $300-something worries me, I thought it was just going to be $214 for the full week? Her: "Oh hon, don't worry it'll just be the $214 charge for the week." So the $91.91 will be credited? "Yes hon."

She knew I was confused and tired and distracted, but her nauseating "hon" did indeed make her seem trustworthy. In hindsight, it's clear she didn't want me to ask questions, she was profiting on me trusting all her "hon" crap...she knew what she was doing. Not once did she say that this new amount was only to cover the next 5 days. I repeatedly asked her if the first amount would be credited and I'd then be charged just the $214 total for the week. Each and every time, she assured me that this was the case. Until I checked out. Then she denied it all. I was stunned. Interestingly, both amounts together reflected no type of discount, which she claimed she was giving me.

Additionally, the place stunk, was nasty and had roaches. Do yourself a favor and go to a place that you think might cost more. Because Motel 6 will ultimately be even more costly--and you'll have to endure roaches, in the rooms and at the front desk. If there's a hell, that crooked manager (and who knows how crooked the rest of 'em are), with her straw-haired beehive, will surely be there.

Definitely not worthy of one star, but had to check something.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
peoria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were going to Rockford for IKWF wrestling finals for my son. We wanted a cheap place to stay which we got. It was not very good though. The shower was slippery and my wife twisted her back. The towels kind of smelled. When I took a shower the day we checked out my towel had dark stains on it. The tv signal was so poor we could not watch it. The only good thing was it was cheap. If I had to do it again I would have spent the extra $50 to go somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Simi Valley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The mattress when 2 are trying to sleep in it you roll to the center as it is so old & worn. When entering the room there is this awful smell,never could figure out what it was! The shower is old & there is no water pressure! So don't think about using the sink or shower! They give you 15 minutes to view the room & decide whether you want to stay, that should have said run...but we just arrived at 1 am & did not want to hassle finding another at that time.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Camden, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Ok so we needed a clean place to stay and cheap because we were only driving half way to where we were going to stay in the mountains and then the rest of the way the next day. So I found Motel 6 online and booked us a room It was the cheapest place I could find and though it had few perks I figured as long as it was clean I was ok with it. We were also traveling with a dog and we had to have a pet friendly place to stay. So When we called they told us they took pets no problem and there was no pet fee. When we got there we were told only little dogs under twenty pounds. Ok so I had a problem with this because our dog is large and they should have told me this when I called to make the reservations. So I guess since who ever I talked to over the phone did not tell me this she told me that it was ok as long as I kept the dog in the room and did not play with him outside it was fine. Over all it was ok nothing to brag about. It had clean sheets and that is all you can expect for the price. But I would say it was not a roach hotel by no means.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We had 3 rooms for our extended family and it was overall a terrible experience. First the front desk person was incompetent and it took 30 minutes just to get checked in. The hallways smelled terribly only beaten for smelliness by the room. The room had dirty carpet disgusting carpet. There was no clock, no shampoo, one light didn't work. In the middle of the night my brother suffered an asthma attack from something in the room and he spent the rest of the night driving around. People using the pool were swimming in their underwear. Very scary place.

• Stayed November 2011
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Before I list the bad, here is the good. The Motel in Utica,New York has a nice set of staff. That is all the nice I can say. Everything else was horrible. The rooms were shameful to look at though the sheets smell cleaned it had stains along with the pillowcases. The Walls and doors had been peeled of their paint. My mother found a used condom by the night stand. That should tell you how thorough the cleaning crew is.The room was despicable. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Not even a Homeless person deserves that kind of disservice. Motel 6 you will never get my service again.

Room Tip: When looking for a nice hotel choose elsewhere. Motel 6 on Utica is no destination for tourist or ne...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Akaroa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Had to stay here because we arrived late and had no choice. Should have slept in the car! The room was disgusting! The floor had unidentifiable stains on it, the bedding had cigarette holes everywhere. It was dirty and smelly! Avoid it like the plague!!!!

Room Tip: stay anywhere else!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family