“Best hotel experience - and I travel a lot!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Madison
North Potomac, Maryland
“Best hotel experience - and I travel a lot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

For the past four years I have come to Madison to attend week-long professional development event. Every year, I am sure to book my room early because I want to stay at the DoubleTree. Friendly staff, good restaurant (Spotted Cow! Cheese Curds!), clean, comfy rooms. I travel a lot for work - often to five star luxury resorts - but I have a real soft spot for this hotel. It is the right combination of everything.

Thanks to everyone in Madison for always making me feel welcome!

Now, I gotta run so I can book my 2013 stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for the great review and for continuing to choose the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison for your hotel accommodations while attending a week-long professional development event in Madison for the last four years. We truly appreciate your continued loyalty, and we are so happy to hear that we provided you with the best hotel experience you have ever had. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2013 with a warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Verona, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Awesome hotel to stay at for anything you want to do around the downtown area. The staff are always welcoming and very nice, going above and beyond. very good Resuraunt at the hotel, A wide variety on the menu with fair prices

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison while traveling with friends and for your valuable feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our proximity to downtown attractions, the Capitol and UW-Madison. Furthermore, we are pleased you were able to experience our award-winning team, and that you enjoyed your experience in our on-site restaurant, the Badgerland Bar & Grill. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers, and we hope to serve you again in the future.
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

From check-in to check-out, interactions with every staff member were warm, courteous, and professional. I was graciously welcomed at the front desk, had a welcome letter upon entering my room, chocolates delivered at turn down, and a "Thank You for Staying" email the next morning. The room was well kept and very clean. My king bed was comfortableand provided a good night's sleep. Internet connectivity was consistently good. Breakfast spread offered plenty of options and was well presented. It's no surprise that this Doubletree consistently is voted one of the best in the country. I hope to find my way back for another stay in the near future.

Room Tip: Although I didn't ask ...... some rooms have a view of the capitol ...... would have been nice...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback and for taking the time to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison with other travelers. We also want to thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling on business to Madison, and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for three days while in Madison on business. I found the hotel to be very comfortable and the staff to be very accommodating. Used the fitness club and the restaurant for breakfast and both were of very high quality. Centrally located close to the University as well as the downtown area. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison, and for the wonderful feedback. We’re happy you enjoyed your business stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary 24-hour fitness center. In addition, we're pleased that you enjoyed our delicious hot breakfast buffet served in our restaurant, the Badgerland Bar & Grill. Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison while on business, and we look forward to hosting you again.
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed overnight for a conference. The shuttle picked me up when I arrived and dropped a group of us off at our conference location the next morning. The warm chocolate chip cookie at check in was delightful. Clean, modern, great little sports restaurant/bar where I got a large salad and a cup of coffee. Friendly, efficient staff. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback and for taking the time to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison with other travelers. We’re pleased that you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service, and that you enjoyed your experience in our restaurant, the Badgerland Bar & Grill, and of course, our delicious DoubleTree chocolate chip cookies with walnuts – we love them as well! Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for years. My children attend UW and the proximity to them can't be beat. The staff is friendly, the rooms are spotless and the beds are very comfortable. Their restaurant serves a fine breakfast. Occasionally, when big events are happening, the hotel sells out and I have to stay elsewhere. Although there are other fine hotels I seem to always return to the Doubletree.

• Stayed January 2013
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review and for your continued loyalty. We are thrilled you enjoy our convenient downtown location and close proximity to the UW-Madison, our very comfortable DoubleTree Sweet Dreams beds, and our award-winning staff. Again, we thank you for your continued loyalty as we know you have many choices, and we look forward to your next visit. GO BADGERS!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison? Share your experiences!