“Very Happy!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Very Happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I wound up moving a mutli-day meeting to this Holiday Inn on very short notice. Their space was just perfect for my group of 50 people. We pulled everything together in a very short time (and over the holiday!) and everything went off without a hitch! My meeting room was set up exactly as I had requested. The staff was able to immediately adjust to our last minute changes in our agenda without any issues or problems. The changes appeared seamless to my meeting attendees, which makes ME look good! LOVE when I can work with a venue that does that for me! Our meals and breaks were setup timely and we had plenty of food. We scheduled one dinner onsite, a buffet, and the quality was outstanding! I even had several rather picky members of our group compliment me on the meal selection and quality!

We were there for two and half days, and everyone in the hotel was wonderful! The front desk staff was very helpful with my various little requests and everyone who passed me at my "workstation" outside our meeting space was always quick to ask if I needed anything or to inquire how things were going.

My guestroom was quite large and very comfortable. I found no issues at all with the cleanliness of my room either, other than the fact that the housekeeper set a glass outside my door the first morning I was there, and it was still there at the end of the day when I returned to change for dinner. I ended up picking it up. There are two other minor things that some travelers might feel detract from the quality of the rooms. The A/C unit in the room is a bit noisy. Now that doesn't bother me particularly, because I'm used to street noise and having a TV on.. so that truly wasn't an issue for me, but I know that there are a lot of folks who can't sleep if there is any sort noise, so that could be a problem for you if you are one of those types. The other problem I experienced was the very poor Wi-Fi connectivity in my room. In fact, I would say about half the time, I wasn't able to get a strong enough signal to stay connected to the internet. I will say, however, that I had absolutely no issues with signal strength or speed outside of our meeting room and that's when I really needed to be online, so overall, that wasn't a huge concern to me either.

This property is located in a very nice area on the western side of the Madison area, actually in Middleton, mixed in with office buildings. They do offer shuttle service to and from the Dane County Airport, which for my meeting, was a definite plus, as over half of my group was traveling from out of state. There are quite a few mid-price restaurant options in close proxmity to this hotel, as well as a very nice shopping "center" (for lack of a better term) called Greenway Station. In good weather, it's actually not a bad walk.

I've worked with other hotels owned by this same ownership group (Wisco hotels) and I have always had nothing but the best experiences with all of them. They have figured out the key to hiring quality people who truly care about taking care of their customers and making their experience with them the best they possibly can. In all honesty, it was my relationship with these folks that brought me to this hotel.. It truly will not be the last time I reach out to them to schedule a meeting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerps, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your successful meeting at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West. Our Catering Department and staff are trained to help you with all your meeting and catering needs. It is our goal is to make sure we exceed our guest's expectations and we are happy the we exceeded yours and your attendees. We look forward to working with you again when you are planning your next meeting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We booked our stay at the Holiday Inn through a 3rd party website, which I was a little nervous about booking a stay without knowing the hotel, but I was very pleased we stayed at the Holiday Inn. The check in process was very quick and easy and they were even able to get us the King room we were hoping for that we couldn't request through the 3rd party site. We were on the 3rd floor and didn't hear any traffic noise from the highway and little to no hallway noise which can be a problem in a lot of hotels we have stayed at. I loved the bathroom which was spacious enough for my husband and I to both use and the fridge came in very handy after going out for dinner. I will recommend this hotel to friends who decide to spend the night in the Madison area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites is the perfect getaway for your family. Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark is fun for children ages 2-10. Parents can sit back and relax as the children play on the boat and slides. Our restaurant Benvenuto's Italian Grill is open for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner - and kids eat free so you don't have to even go out. The hotel offers a variety of room types from standard 2 queen beds - family suites - whirlpool suites and kids suites.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience during your stay at the Holiday Inn and we look forward to your staying with us again the next time you are getting away with your family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have stayed here around 5 times over the years, with the last time this New Years Eve. The staff is always pleasant, it's always clean, the mini waterpark is perfect for smaller kids, there's a bar in the pool area that opens in the evenings. I like that they don't charge exhorbitant food and beverage charges, and that they had mutiple free activites / movies going on for New Years for the kids that was a pleasant surprise. It's the perfect place to go with your family for a night or two, and they won't nickel or dime you once you get there. Really the only drawback are the mattresses... they really offer no support and need to be replaced.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

All hotels should model after this one. Large, clean and modern rooms, very friendly and helpful service, waterpark great for small kids. Restaurant was great and inexpensive for lunch. I'd skip it for breakfast, buffet was not good (only problem with hotel).

• Stayed December 2012
GeneralManagerps, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am glad you had a great stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West home of Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark. Our hotel is the perfect location for parents with small children. The waterpark has a fun play area with 0 depth pool area- pool with waterslide, game area and whirlpool. It less stressful for the parents. All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves which is also great for families traveling with small children. Our restaurant offers the kids eat free Holiday Inn Program - open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So you don't even need to leave the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting Madison
Manager
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Great start to a hopeful new relationship with Holiday Inn after my long standing Diamond loyalty to Hilton Honors from many years. Nice friendly greeting and very organized with my check in to their property. Breakfast is superb, with an incredible array of hot choices, but was disappointed when I could not take my breakfast to go (I was traveling alone then) when I may be running late, or just wanted to work on my email while noshing. Kudos to hotel management to work with their restaurant during my three week stay so I could take my breakfast to go on a regular basis.
Plumbing had problems during my stays, toilet pipe had burst with a 1/4" deep pond forming in the bathroom, threshold shored up with towels to prevent further water damage to adjent carpet in room, and leaked down to the room below. Slipped and fell while attempting to shut off, no immediate harm. Needed maintenance at least two more times for plumbing issues during my stays. GOOD things - always a good clean room, amazingly delicious breakfast, fast response when required, nice tasteful decor in common area, lots of parking stalls, and very, very quiet.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not face the dumpsters as they are picked up around 4:00am and it may wake y...
Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites. We appreciate you giving the Holiday Inn Brand so you could experience our hotel and amenities. I am sorry you had problems with the plumbing during your stay. Our restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With a varety of menu selections and as you stated a great hot breakfast buffet. We hope you will stay with our hotel and other Holiday Inn's in the future as a Priority Club Member

Manager
Brandon, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We came to this hotel with our kids ages 10 and 7. They really enjoyed playing in the waterpark. The hotel service was great, the rooms were spacious and clean and the attached Italian restaurant was fabulous. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerps, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel. It is the perfect place to getaway with your family, with Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark for kids of all ages. The waterpark is not so large that you can't relax as you are watching your kids play on the slides. The restaurant is great and offers the kids eat free program for guest's of the hotel so you don't even have to leave the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are visiting our area.
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a wonderful time at this hotel! The rooms were clean and spacious. The waterpark was so much fun for the kids and adults, plenty of room to hang out and watch the kids play, lifeguards on duty was a plus, too. The Italian restaurant was also very good. We will definitely be coming back and making this an annual family weekend. I would highly recommend this hotel for families with small children.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerps, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Hotel. Our Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark is the perfect place for your kids to unwind - and it is not so large that you can not sit back and relax while your kids are having fun. The restaurant is great and we even offer the kids eat free program so you don't even have to leave the hotel. Thank you for staying and hope to see you soon when you are visiting our area for business or a family getaway.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!