“Regular Visits” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cannon Falls, Minnesota
“Regular Visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our daughter is a student and lives in Madison. We frequent the AmericInn Madison West and always have fantastic service! The staff is very friendly, the rooms are always clean, and the breakfast and manager's reception are always nicely done. The value is excellent, but the service keeps us coming back. Very friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Patrick S, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We are so happy to hear that we are consistent with our service during your frequent stays with us! I hope you take advantage of our Easy Rewards frequent stayer program. We'll see you on your next trip to Madison!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cold Spring, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I booked a week in advance for two nights. The rate was very good but when I got there I was told I did not have a reservation. I was a little surprised but just went back out to the car and got my confirmation. When I showed it to the staff member she was very kind and worked it out. I then went to my room and upon entering the building from a back door I was greeted with a mess on the floor where someone threw up. I called the front dest and they did send someone to clean it up right away. My room's bathroom was not very clean however who ever cleaned it the next day did a wonderful job so my second night stay was very good. I was just a little disappointed with how things went the first day/night.

• Stayed January 2013
Patrick S, Assistant General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for bringing these things to our attention so that we may address them immediately. I am happy to hear that your stay ended on a positive note! Please come back to give us another try - we'll do everything in our power to make sure you have a pleasant stay with us!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Last minute booking, daughter had college test 1 mile from hotel. Was given special rate because of her test. That was awesome!! Staff very friendly and helpful. Pool and hot tub very nice. Morning breakfast was outstanding, so much to choose from!!! Block away from mall stores,Resturants. Would recommend to all.

• Stayed December 2012
Patrick S, Assistant General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Well, it sounds like you found just a few of our many outstanding amenities that come from taking advantage of the plethora of special rates and partnerships we have available. If you didn't get to this last time, come back and try out our free beer & wine that we provide every night - and warm up to a hot bowl of soup too! Thanks for your kind words and have a very happy New Year!
Denton, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had the best service and awesome lodging during my stay at Americinn Lodge & Suites Madison West. It was clean, warm and inviting, comfortable, and very spaces.
You can not go wrong staying with these guys and enjoying your time away from your home.

Mike, Dallas, Tx

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Patrick S, Assistant General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Well, I am glad to hear we could be of service to you during your stay away from home. Many people do compliment us on the 'homey' feeling they get while staying with us. Thanks for choosing us as your home away from home... temporarily! Happy Holidays!
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel! By the looks of it, the hotel was very busy, but the staff made us feel very important and the room was quiet. Our room was very nicely made up and we enjoyed the stay. Rate was affordable compared to the other hotels in the area (especially since we were there on the weekend of a Badger's game). Everything was perfect. We will return in the future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for your pleasant comments about our facility! Badger game weekends can get very hectic, so we are pleased that you found our comforting sanctuary here on the west side of Madison. Have a very merry Christmas!
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed one night and had a great experience. Friendly staff at the front desk, quick check-in, clean room, comfortable beds and pillows, good location and value. We had to leave early (5:00 a.m.) and even though the breakfast normally does not start until 6:00 a.m., the staff was kind enough to provide a hot breakfast for us. Washer and dryer available for guests too. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Patrick S, Assistant General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Well thank you for deciding to stay with us and for your kind comments. I trust that our holiday decorations enhanced some Christmas spirit as well! Thanks again, and have a very merry Christmas!
Lebanon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in Oct. My flight was delayed so I arrived late at night (2 am). Thankfully there was someone to check me in. There was some problem with the booking my company made - a twin bed room was booked instead of the King which I regularly use. I was completely exhausted after 18 hours of flying and asked the receptionist if I could get a room with a King sized bed. I didn't mind paying extra - this was clearly my company's fault. I think the guy checking me in felt sorry for me and simply upgraded me to a King without charging extra. The first good thing to happen after a long and terrible day.

The room was excellent - large, spacious and very comfy bed. The bathroom looked old but was spotless. The room also had a nice fresh smell to it. There was absolutely no noise. The free breakfast in the morning was one the best I have ever had. Way better and way more options than the usual crap you get at "free breakfast" hotels. Free coffee, water and cookies 24/7. Best thing about this hotel though has to be the free beer, wine and snacks from 5-7pm - a nice thing to have after a long day of business. You can even order pizza and beer to your room after 7pm for really cheap prices. If you don’t like pizza there are tons of very good and reasonably priced restaurants at walking distance from the hotel. They also have free airport pickups and drop offs (there are restrictions on time) and free shuttles to Epic which came in very handy for me. A roundtrip taxi to the airport costs almost $70 and to Epic almost $30. I saved about $150 by using their Epic shuttle. Except for the airport taxi, I didn’t have any other transportation costs.

The only con for me was this one receptionist I had to deal with in the morning to arrange the shuttle. She was abrupt and rude in her responses. I am not an American so my accent is a little thick but I am certainly not difficult to understand. But this lady was having a tough time understanding me. I don't mind repeating myself except she gave me a disgusted look every time she didn't understand what I said and I could see she was getting increasingly irritated to deal with me like I was some kind of nuisance. But the other staff members were extremely polite and helpful and seemed genuinely happy to help customers. Infact one of the shuttle drivers agreed that the receptionist had a big attitude problem and gave me his cell number and asked me to call him whenever I was ready so I didn’t have to deal with her.

Overall this is a great value hotel with lots of freebies for the low price I paid. I was extremely glad to have stayed here for 5 nights and I am actually coming back in Dec for 3 more nights. I anticipate travelling to Madison often in the future and will definitely stay at the AmericInn each time unless something changes drastically.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. They seemed pretty generous about it when the rooms are not full.