“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 63 hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Last minute booking, daughter had college test 1 mile from hotel. Was given special rate because of her test. That was awesome!! Staff very friendly and helpful. Pool and hot tub very nice. Morning breakfast was outstanding, so much to choose from!!! Block away from mall stores,Resturants. Would recommend to all.

• Stayed December 2012
Patrick S, Assistant General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Well, it sounds like you found just a few of our many outstanding amenities that come from taking advantage of the plethora of special rates and partnerships we have available. If you didn't get to this last time, come back and try out our free beer & wine that we provide every night - and warm up to a hot bowl of soup too! Thanks for your kind words and have a very happy New Year!

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Denton, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had the best service and awesome lodging during my stay at Americinn Lodge & Suites Madison West. It was clean, warm and inviting, comfortable, and very spaces.
You can not go wrong staying with these guys and enjoying your time away from your home.

Mike, Dallas, Tx

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Patrick S, Assistant General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Well, I am glad to hear we could be of service to you during your stay away from home. Many people do compliment us on the 'homey' feeling they get while staying with us. Thanks for choosing us as your home away from home... temporarily! Happy Holidays!
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel! By the looks of it, the hotel was very busy, but the staff made us feel very important and the room was quiet. Our room was very nicely made up and we enjoyed the stay. Rate was affordable compared to the other hotels in the area (especially since we were there on the weekend of a Badger's game). Everything was perfect. We will return in the future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for your pleasant comments about our facility! Badger game weekends can get very hectic, so we are pleased that you found our comforting sanctuary here on the west side of Madison. Have a very merry Christmas!
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed one night and had a great experience. Friendly staff at the front desk, quick check-in, clean room, comfortable beds and pillows, good location and value. We had to leave early (5:00 a.m.) and even though the breakfast normally does not start until 6:00 a.m., the staff was kind enough to provide a hot breakfast for us. Washer and dryer available for guests too. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Patrick S, Assistant General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Well thank you for deciding to stay with us and for your kind comments. I trust that our holiday decorations enhanced some Christmas spirit as well! Thanks again, and have a very merry Christmas!
Lebanon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in Oct. My flight was delayed so I arrived late at night (2 am). Thankfully there was someone to check me in. There was some problem with the booking my company made - a twin bed room was booked instead of the King which I regularly use. I was completely exhausted after 18 hours of flying and asked the receptionist if I could get a room with a King sized bed. I didn't mind paying extra - this was clearly my company's fault. I think the guy checking me in felt sorry for me and simply upgraded me to a King without charging extra. The first good thing to happen after a long and terrible day.

The room was excellent - large, spacious and very comfy bed. The bathroom looked old but was spotless. The room also had a nice fresh smell to it. There was absolutely no noise. The free breakfast in the morning was one the best I have ever had. Way better and way more options than the usual crap you get at "free breakfast" hotels. Free coffee, water and cookies 24/7. Best thing about this hotel though has to be the free beer, wine and snacks from 5-7pm - a nice thing to have after a long day of business. You can even order pizza and beer to your room after 7pm for really cheap prices. If you don’t like pizza there are tons of very good and reasonably priced restaurants at walking distance from the hotel. They also have free airport pickups and drop offs (there are restrictions on time) and free shuttles to Epic which came in very handy for me. A roundtrip taxi to the airport costs almost $70 and to Epic almost $30. I saved about $150 by using their Epic shuttle. Except for the airport taxi, I didn’t have any other transportation costs.

The only con for me was this one receptionist I had to deal with in the morning to arrange the shuttle. She was abrupt and rude in her responses. I am not an American so my accent is a little thick but I am certainly not difficult to understand. But this lady was having a tough time understanding me. I don't mind repeating myself except she gave me a disgusted look every time she didn't understand what I said and I could see she was getting increasingly irritated to deal with me like I was some kind of nuisance. But the other staff members were extremely polite and helpful and seemed genuinely happy to help customers. Infact one of the shuttle drivers agreed that the receptionist had a big attitude problem and gave me his cell number and asked me to call him whenever I was ready so I didn’t have to deal with her.

Overall this is a great value hotel with lots of freebies for the low price I paid. I was extremely glad to have stayed here for 5 nights and I am actually coming back in Dec for 3 more nights. I anticipate travelling to Madison often in the future and will definitely stay at the AmericInn each time unless something changes drastically.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. They seemed pretty generous about it when the rooms are not full.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Patrick S, Assistant General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
We're so glad that you found so much value in your stay with us. We will be happy to welcome you back anytime you're in Madison again. Thanks for your wonderful comments!
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here for the State Football games and had a great experience. The hotel was quiet, had a great breakfast and was a very nice property for the price. The location was perfect and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Patrick S, Assistant General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for trying us out and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Come again - we will be happy to have you back!
Sheboygan Falls, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Clean, quiet, friendly & competent staff. Room rate was a bargin for West Madison area.

Breakfast was excellent, but had one minor flaw. "Fresh fruit" was fresh out of a number 10 can of fruit salad. Not appetizing in appearance.

Comfortable bed and nice bathroom. Simple, user friendly HVAC controls.

For some odd reason the TV did not display channel numbers as one changed the channel. Not a critical issue.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Patrick S, Assistant General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thanks for choosing AmericInn and for your kind review! Come back to see us anytime - we will love to have you!

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!