“slip, splash I'm taking a bath” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4820 Hayes Road, Madison, WI 53704   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 62 Hotels in Madison
Earlville, United States
“slip, splash I'm taking a bath”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The hotel was very nice. The staff was very helpful in helping us find it due to road construction. Don't choose roll in bathroom. Bathroom floor allowed the water in the shower to flow into the room. Breakfast was hot and well maintained.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on Hampton Inn Madison East with the TripAdvisor community! I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, but apologize for the quality of the accessible room you had. I have addressed your comments with our maintenance staff and can assure you the drainage issue is being dealt with promptly.

Again, as an entire staff, we appreciate your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Chicago, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The hotel is dirty... sinks blocked, showers with water restrictors. The Hampton downtown Madison is much better. 200 word minimum is totally ridiculous to force someone to write more than is required to explain the status of a hotel. Not sure why they do this, I guess its just 1 more way to add to the already lousy experience of the The Hampton Inn on Hayes Road

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your review of Hampton Inn Madison East, and please accept my sincere apology for the quality of your recent stay. As an entire staff, we strive to ensure every guest has a great expereince at our hotel, and I regret this was not the case for you.

I would love an opportunity to follow up with you on your recent stay and do my best to rectify the issues you encountered. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at 608-244-9400 so I can address the issues for you.

With regret,
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have stayed at Hampton Inn's previously and based on the reviews decided this would be a great place to stay on our way to Chicago. What a surprise! We were lucky enough to stay in room 110. The receptionist's that checked us in was friendly and stated this was a new concept room. Not your old Hampton Inn!! The room was well decorated,(wish I could take the ottoman's home).
The bed was very comfortable. The room was smaller but it was just the two of us and the way everything was placed did not make it "feel" small. The only complaint I had was the full sized mirror was on the other side of the bathroom door facing the toilet. I'm sure I don't have to explain why that was not the best placement for a mirror. The shower was very roomy. With all the cars in the parking lot we worried about noise and it was very quiet. And of course the breakfast. Plenty of food choices to meet the needs of any appetite or diet.

Room Tip: Ask for room 110.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your great review of Hampton Inn Madison East! I'm so glad you enjoyed one of our newly renovated rooms; we really value our guest feedback, especially on these new concept renovations we have completed.

We look forward to serving you again in the future. If we can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is near the airport, the interstate, a shopping mall, a few dozen restaurants, and is very reasonably priced. And it is clean and inviting; for example, the pool, whirlpool and pool area were the cleanest I have seen in a chain hotel in quite sometime; they were virtually sparkling. The services were top notch; people were friendly, accommodating and helpful. I thought this was a great stay for the price. It is a few miles from downtown Madison, but on the other hand the parking was easy!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your kind words with the TripAdvisor community! You touched on a lot of the great features of our property and I sincerely hope fellow TripAdvisor users can use your review to aid in their own travel decisions. I will be happy to pass along your kind words, namely to our maintenance staff who do an excellent job maintaining our pool area!

Should your travels bring you back to Madison in the future, it will be our pleasure to serve you. Thank you for your business.

Best,
Sparta, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A very nice hotel. Hot tub is hot. Breakfast is great, coffee 24 hours in the lobby. Very clean, quiet. Beds are comfortable and duvets are spotless. A sign closer to the frontage road where the turn off would be nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for your kind review of Hampton Inn Madison East! We strive to create an outstanding stay for every guest, every time and I'm glad your experience was no exception.

Whevever your travels bring you back to the Madison area, it will be our pleasure to serve you again. Thank you for your business.

All the best,
Daniels, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was with a group of middle school children. The hotel was prepared for our size group. Staff was great in giving tips on places that would deliver food. The hotel was very clean and our room was clean. I didn't want to leave our room once I got there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you sharing your kind words with the TripAdvisor community! We love serving groups at our property, and I'm very happy to hear your group experience was an excellent one! From our entire team, a big thank you for your business and recognition.

We would love to welcome you and your group back to the property. If there is anything we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

All the best,
Front Office Manager
Oxford, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This Hampton was okay. The rooms were very nice; included a fridge in mine. Nice work space in the room for those of us that have to work while traveling.

The smokers pole is right in front of the main entrance. Literally. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, so my eyes itched, nose ran, and generally stayed annoyingly congested while I was there. I even had to ask smoking guests to get out of the doorway so that I could leave the hotel. They stood RIGHT in FRONT of the sliding door!!

Watch out for the floor near and in the elevators. The pool door exits to the elevators, so that floor was quite slippery. The bottoms of my shoes regularly got a bath. Really could have used some absorbent material and wet floor signage.

Hotel was close to restaurants and shopping, with easy access to the highway. Took about 13 minutes to get to the Capitol and UW.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate the constructive feedback, and your concerns with regard to the smoking pole and the wet floor near the elevator will be addressed promptly. I'm happy to hear that other thank these issues, you enjoyed our property.

We welcome an opportunity to serve you again in the future, and hope to provide you with a superior experience. If I can do anything to assist you in the future, please feel free to reach out to me.

Best,