“Wonderful hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Madison
minnesota
“Wonderful hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have stayed at Hampton Inn's previously and based on the reviews decided this would be a great place to stay on our way to Chicago. What a surprise! We were lucky enough to stay in room 110. The receptionist's that checked us in was friendly and stated this was a new concept room. Not your old Hampton Inn!! The room was well decorated,(wish I could take the ottoman's home).
The bed was very comfortable. The room was smaller but it was just the two of us and the way everything was placed did not make it "feel" small. The only complaint I had was the full sized mirror was on the other side of the bathroom door facing the toilet. I'm sure I don't have to explain why that was not the best placement for a mirror. The shower was very roomy. With all the cars in the parking lot we worried about noise and it was very quiet. And of course the breakfast. Plenty of food choices to meet the needs of any appetite or diet.

Room Tip: Ask for room 110.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for your great review of Hampton Inn Madison East! I'm so glad you enjoyed one of our newly renovated rooms; we really value our guest feedback, especially on these new concept renovations we have completed.

We look forward to serving you again in the future. If we can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Phillip Mattsson-Boze

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is near the airport, the interstate, a shopping mall, a few dozen restaurants, and is very reasonably priced. And it is clean and inviting; for example, the pool, whirlpool and pool area were the cleanest I have seen in a chain hotel in quite sometime; they were virtually sparkling. The services were top notch; people were friendly, accommodating and helpful. I thought this was a great stay for the price. It is a few miles from downtown Madison, but on the other hand the parking was easy!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your kind words with the TripAdvisor community! You touched on a lot of the great features of our property and I sincerely hope fellow TripAdvisor users can use your review to aid in their own travel decisions. I will be happy to pass along your kind words, namely to our maintenance staff who do an excellent job maintaining our pool area!

Should your travels bring you back to Madison in the future, it will be our pleasure to serve you. Thank you for your business.

Best,
Sparta, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A very nice hotel. Hot tub is hot. Breakfast is great, coffee 24 hours in the lobby. Very clean, quiet. Beds are comfortable and duvets are spotless. A sign closer to the frontage road where the turn off would be nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for your kind review of Hampton Inn Madison East! We strive to create an outstanding stay for every guest, every time and I'm glad your experience was no exception.

Whevever your travels bring you back to the Madison area, it will be our pleasure to serve you again. Thank you for your business.

Daniels, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was with a group of middle school children. The hotel was prepared for our size group. Staff was great in giving tips on places that would deliver food. The hotel was very clean and our room was clean. I didn't want to leave our room once I got there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you sharing your kind words with the TripAdvisor community! We love serving groups at our property, and I'm very happy to hear your group experience was an excellent one! From our entire team, a big thank you for your business and recognition.

We would love to welcome you and your group back to the property. If there is anything we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Oxford, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This Hampton was okay. The rooms were very nice; included a fridge in mine. Nice work space in the room for those of us that have to work while traveling.

The smokers pole is right in front of the main entrance. Literally. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, so my eyes itched, nose ran, and generally stayed annoyingly congested while I was there. I even had to ask smoking guests to get out of the doorway so that I could leave the hotel. They stood RIGHT in FRONT of the sliding door!!

Watch out for the floor near and in the elevators. The pool door exits to the elevators, so that floor was quite slippery. The bottoms of my shoes regularly got a bath. Really could have used some absorbent material and wet floor signage.

Hotel was close to restaurants and shopping, with easy access to the highway. Took about 13 minutes to get to the Capitol and UW.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate the constructive feedback, and your concerns with regard to the smoking pole and the wet floor near the elevator will be addressed promptly. I'm happy to hear that other thank these issues, you enjoyed our property.

We welcome an opportunity to serve you again in the future, and hope to provide you with a superior experience. If I can do anything to assist you in the future, please feel free to reach out to me.

Best,
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed two nights (Mon and Tues) second week of June on business. Checked in smoothly late afternoon as there was no line. Front desk experience was quick, efficient and pleasant as you would expect from a property frequented by business travelers. All the HHonors stuff was handled well and I was on my way to my room. The exterior and lobby look really nice thanks to a recent renovation. The room was also really nice, clean, modern, etc. I like it that you can roll the workstation desk around to where you want it, although having a lamp with extra power plugs on the desk was missed. Kind of a trade off I guess. Quick freeway access, plenty of restaurant choices - this is now my Madison hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your complimentary review of Hampton Inn Madison East with the TripAdvisor community! You touched on a lot of great features that our property offers, and we genuinely hope future guests can use your review to make future booking decisions. As an entire staff, we're honored you have chosen us to be your preferred hotel in Madison.

We look forward to serve you on future stays. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Best regards,
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I have had very good experiences when we stay in Hampton Inns so I now look for them when booking a hotel. During our recent stay in Madison, WI I chose the Hampton Inn East Towne location because it was also quite inexpensive at $99.00 for the night, plus taxes. It's farther away from the center of town but an easy drive and worth the savings on the hotel room. Everything was very good- the room, the service, the complimentary breakfast. My only complaint or suggestion was that the bottom sheet or perhaps the mattress pad got all "bunchy" while I was sleeping, instead of being nice and taut as I prefer. But all things considered, you can't go wrong with the Hampton Inn East Towne.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community! One of our goals is to provide all guests with the best value possible, and ensure that service and facilities exceed your expectations. I will certainly share your kind words with our staff at the property. I appreciate you pointing out the trouble you had with the bed linen--I will make our housekeeping team aware of it so future guests do not encounter the same issue.

We would be delighted to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to the Madison area.

Front Office Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area? Share your experiences!