“Nice clean well maintained Hampton; Don't get accessible room - shower spills to floor;” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area

Book and save 15%
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Madison
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Not a bad Hampton, well maintained and generally clean.
Don't get the accessible room (116) as the shower spills all over onto the floor.
That's the room I got, but it was OK for 1 night.
Standard breakfast as you find at all Hampton's.
Was nice and quiet and peaceful for a full sold out night. Didn't hear any noises, nor banging, nor stomping from above as I usually do in a Hampton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sstraka, Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was especially glad to read that you found our hotel to be clean and well maintained. We only have two rooms that have the roll in showers. We try our best to upgrade and change people to there desired room types as much as possible. Our main concern is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay and to leave happy. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
minneota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Excellent staff, friendly and helpful. Hot breakfast was a great addition. Very pleased. Our check in guy, by the sweatshirt I was wearing called me by name! How's that for personal service! Several times during our stay I remarked to my wife that, wow I didn't know hampton was this good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was especially glad to read that our team was able to make your stay. Our main concern is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hamptons are usually my choice of hotel and this is because they generally have a standard of service that I enjoy and yes, expect. My first impression of the interior of the hotel was excellent. The lobby and seating area were updated, very modern and clean. The front desk service was friendly. The bed however in the room was so hard that I could barely move the next day. The pillows were all down filled and so between the pillows and the bed, it was a very uncomfortable night. When I left the hotel, I was not intending to give it another try as I was not that impressed - however, plans changed and I found myself booking this place again. This time I requested foam pillows and a softer bed - both of which I received and were wonderful. The front desk service however needs some help. The phone in my room would not work. I could make neither long distance nor local calls, both of which were very important to me at that time. Three calls to the front desk and the matter was unresolved. At no time did anyone offer to come up and look at the phone, nor did they offer any solutions. I asked to use the phone at the front desk and this was not an option. This was more than an inconvenience for me as it was necessary for me to deal with a family situation quite quickly. I finally had to give the front desk the number and name of the person locally that I needed to contact and they in turn called and then had to transfer the call up to me. This is sub standard service and in this day and age, there should be no such thing as a phone issue. This hotel was clean, it is across from shopping and many restaurants, easy on and off the interstate and there is a Perkins right at the end of the drive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
sstraka, Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate and value your feedback.

I apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. It is not to our standards to provide the service you recieved. I will be sure to share your comments with our front desk team to prevent this from happening in the future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us

Sheri Straka
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently spent one night at this hotel with a late check-in. Don't let the outside of the building fool you! Even though it is an older Hampton style exterior, the rooms are completely updated with soft carpeting, new furniture, and a modern bathroom. I was very impressed. The hotel was very quiet and located far enough away from the road so that road noise could not be heard. Breakfast in the morning was typical Hampton, which offers quite a bit of hot and cold food variety. The wireless internet was fast and the signal was strong. Even though I was just passing through, I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Grantsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Was very pleased with my stay here - it was for one night - conveniently located to shopping and dining options. Able to work from my room very nicely. Room was clean and updated - staff was nice. Check in was quick and pleasurable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Would happily stay here again! Great customer service. The people at the front desk were very friendly something you don't always see anymore. Also love the Charge Points in the room. What a great extra to have when traveling.

• Stayed March 2013
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night in late February. Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean and comfortable. The location is conveiient to many restaurants and shopping and about 10 minutes from the capital building.The only issue was when we returned to the hotel at about 1:00 A.M. we literally got the last parking place in the lot. People in U-hauls and trailers were taking up a ton of spots which is not the hotels fault.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area? Share your experiences!