“I've seen bigger closets” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Motel Madison East to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel Madison East
Super 8 Motel Madison East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4765 Hayes Road, Madison, WI 53704 (Formerly Fairfield Inn)   |
Ranked #45 of 63 hotels in Madison
Nampa, Idaho
“I've seen bigger closets”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My first thought after walking into my room was about what surfaces I was going to find stains on. My next thought was that I should double check to make sure I was in a non-smoking room. My third thought was about how I would fit my big suit case into such a small room. These were just the highlights of my stay at the Super 8 East.

Checking in, the front desk clerk was very nice and talkative. She asked for my drivers license and she said she forgot to give it back to me and I forgot to ask for it. She didn't call my room to let me know for about 30 minutes. I thought that was odd, maybe she didn't notice she still had it just like I didn't notice I was missing it.

Like I said above, the room was small, smelled like old cigarettes, and gave the impression of being dirty. The only real stains I found were on the lounge chair though. I had a king bed room on the second floor and it was for sure the smallest hotel room I have ever been in. Any suitcase larger than one that could be considered carry on will cause slight navigation problems moving much past the front door. The cigarette smell was enough I was worried they would charge me the cleaning fee associated with disobeying the no smoking rule.

The air conditioner worked but was very loud, old, had a rattle, and cycled on and off what seemed excessively. It definitely kept me awake. The walls are thin and it is easy to hear what is being said in rooms next door and outside.

The good parts of my hotel experience are that the bathroom appeared to have been remodeled recently and was clean. I also liked the security safe that was in the room. The breakfast bar was good too. The breakfast selection wasn't large but there was enough I didn't leave hungry.

Room Tip: The freeway side seemed to be very loud.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
uniongrove
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We wanted a cheap place to stay and that what we got .Waffle & yogurts & juice & coffee is all you get for breakfast , (better then nothing I guess,) The bed was comfortable., but you could here the traffic from roads all night long. Place is older and needs repair -we had several things in are room broken, but it was clean -except they did not come and clean it on our second night stay I am not sure why. And when I called when we returned to get more towels as we were only given one to begin with we were told we have to track house keeping down on are own floor but when I explained they hadnt even cleaned are room they sent maintenace and hour later after my husband called back with towels. I wont ever go back here and we visit Madison alot.There are so many others to choose from all around.

Room Tip: Try one of the others down that road there are many its like motel lane
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Motel Madison East? Share your experiences!