“Royalty for a day!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Los Angeles, California
“Royalty for a day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Where to start? There were so many amazing little details that added up to such a memorable experience!
Check-in was a breeze with Molly and Jacqueline. They were both so warm and friendly and quick to help in anyway they could.
When we got to our room (view of the lake and the iceskating rink) Jacqueline, the concierge, had the TV on playing spa like music and screen of a fireplace. There were flowers and a sweet personalized note from her as well.
The weather was freezing at the time of our stay so while we could have walked to everything we opted to take advantage of car service and am I glad we did! Matt and Paul made us look like rockstars pulling up in an Escalade. I seriously couldnt believe this service was free. Not only do they drop you off but you can call and they will come back and get you. They were super friendly and knowledgeable about the area and most importantly safe drivers!
We had breakfast in the resturant upstaris with an amazing view of the lake and the best eggs benedict Ive ever had (they make it on a crossant not an english muffin...say what!?)
The room and hotel were great, newly renovated so everything was super clean and well appointed but it was the staff that made this trip one to remember! Needless to say I give this five stars and two thumbs up!! Thank you to Molly, Jacqueline, Paul and Matt:) We will be back!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Beautiful hotel and amazing staff loved it from the very moment my girl and I got there. I had jacklyn Cosgrove set up my room with flowers that were arranged in a very pretty heart. I also had a card that she used very wonderful handwriting on that was placed on the bed along with candles very worth it. The room was amazing as well as the view. Definitely worth paying extra for the premium suite.

Thank you again ms. Cosgrove for making our stay so enjoyable from the very beginning.

Thomas Z

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed three nights, in one of the rooms facing the lake on the third floor. The room was very attractively designed, the bed comfortable. The air handling system was pretty quiet. If you turned it off, the room was silent. (#301 is at the end of the hall). I expect there would have been more noise if there were more people there, but it feels very solid and I think it would still be a quiet room - can't say for sure. Staff are very friendly, and there is an ice rink next to the entrance.
You can walk to State Street, but it is not as convenient as the Madison Concourse for that (but I had a very noisy room there). They WILL have two restaurants, but as of my stay, the Boathouse was still under construction. Their finer dining venue, The Statehouse, was expensive. It was good, but I chose other spots for my other two nights.
The parking ($25 valet, $18 self park) is underground. I chose self park, which turned out to be great. If you keep going down, until you pass through a second gate, you park in hotel-only parking that has a door directly into the 4th or 3rd floor. With my room on the third floor, it was a short walk from my room to the car. I will stay here again.
The downsides? They are still working out the kinks. It took a long time for hot water to reach my room (they were aware, and working on that). I believe you have several blocks to walk to get to any restaurants other than The Statehouse at this point. Yes, you can walk, but if it is 10 degrees out, I am not eager to walk far. Finally, I was going to Epic in Verona each day for work. The Concourse has a $10 bus ride available each day. I had to rent a car this trip as The Edgewater will drive you to places nearby (5 miles?) but not get you out to Epic.

Room Tip: Third and fourth floors of the building low above the water (Wisconsin) have easy access to the unde...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Stayed for one night. Very comfortable bed, lovely bathroom. Great view. I don't know how full they were but it was quiet. We didn't eat here or experience the spa so I can't comment on that. Highly recommend

• Stayed January 2015
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed two nights at this new hotel made up of two buildings, the Wisconsin and the Langdon. We stayed in Wisconsin side. They are connected by a tunnel. We checked in and headed up to the 11th floor, we had a beautiful room with a wall of windows facing lake Mendota. Bed comfortable, linens average. The phone did not work so couldn't call for morning coffee. Television satellite kept going out while watching... No signal. Bathroom very large and nicely appointed with tub, separate shower and ester closet. Double sinks and makeup mirror and a window! We ate dinner at Statehouse restaurant, while pricy for Madison, steaks were tasty and service great. The bar area had 5 bartenders for ten patrons and you still had to flag someone down to get a drink. Did not use spa or skating rink. We waked State stteet and down town area and really enjoyed our weekend. Valet parking quick.

• Stayed January 2015
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just stayed overnight, and was quite impressed. Didn't spring for the extra money to get a water view, since we knew we were basically just sleeping there (and it's January!). BUT, from the moment we drove up, everything was just perfect. We had a room on the 11th floor with a beautiful view of the capitol dome - stunning in the evening all lit up! Room was spacious (king) and the shower and bath area were fantastic! Didn't get a chance to experience the spa area so cannot comment on that. We did have a cocktail in the bar on the 7th floor - nice atmosphere and can't complain about the dirty martini! We had a very comfortable stay, and look forward to a repeat visit next time we visit our daughter.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Ronald M, General Manager at The Edgewater, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Swilican,

Thank you for choosing The Edgewater and I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you visit, let us know and we’ll see what we can do to get you a lake view and a chance to experience our spa. You will not be disappointed!

Ron Morin
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For years I've been staying at the Doubletree because it was closer to my children at the U. This year my daughter moved to a sorority house and suggested I stay at the newly remodeled Edgewater. This will be my new "go to" hotel. The layout is a bit confusing, but that pales in comparison to the location, the spacious rooms and the quality of the building. There are still some kinks to be worked out with the hotel restaurants, and maybe that comes with being newly opened, but the room was clean and large and had a wonderful view of the ice skating rink overlooking the lake. I was there in winter but can only imagine how terrific it will be in the summer. I hope to find out. Close to campus and downtown. Great stay.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear Vicki000,

We are thrilled to be your new favorite hotel in Madison and look forward to seeing you again soon. Summer will be pretty spectacular with the opening of The Boathouse restaurant and the installation of the pier. The public plaza should be a real treat for our guests and our Madison neighbors alike.

Ron Morin

Been to The Edgewater? Share your experiences!