“Good service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Chicago, Illinois
“Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a workshop and got a special deal that included breakfast buffet. This hotel is located near a major suburban shopping mall, that includes many good quality lower priced choices. The only catch is that you'd have to cross a 8-lane highway or drive. I have to commend this hotel for the guest service - I left behind a pair of designer brand reading glasses in the room. I called an hour after I checked out (a Saturday) and they fedexed it to me so that I received it on Monday. Other than that, the hotel is about average. The toilet is a bit wobbly and the hallway carpet is stained. The TV remote control was missing first and the replacement was semiworking. Bed is comfortable and the linen is fine. No noise issue. Lots of flight crew milling about though.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not overlooking the indoor swimming pool, which shines bright lights even in...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Karen T, Owner at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Guest---Thank you for your comments. I am so glad were were able to help get your glasses back to you. We value your business. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Madison. Have a great day....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Wetumpka AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I cannot cover everything with the allotted 200 character minimum. Our first room it smelled as though the entire room had been doused with a very loud perfume and suffered from lack of upkeep, e.g. chipped paint and holes in the walls. As the door to the second room opened, we gagged as the powerful stench of sewage overtook us. Our third room was clean and didn’t have any vile odors, we seem to have towel issues every night we were there. In addition to the above, my husband had to go to the desk twice as his key had been disabled.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the bright lobby, nice bar area, and Starbucks kiosk. If you must stay here...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Karen T, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear guest, I am so sorry we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It based guest comments that we strive for improvement. We value your business and we hope you will try us again the next time you are in Madison. Thank you and enjoy your day---
Central Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The rooms were comfortable enough, and it's conveniently located off I94 across from East Towne Mall and several restaurants. The posted rate is over $100 for the room we had, didn't feel like that much room - fortunately we paid $68 on hot wire. Currently going through some repairs to the lobby, fixing some pipe damage from winter. Needs some remodeling to the lobby, pool was ok, bar looked like fun with the right crowd. Our stay was nice. If I had a choice, for the same money I'd stay at the Sheraton.

Stayed June 2014
Karen T, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest...Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. We hope that the next time you are in Madison, you will give us another try. We value your business,
Have a great day----
Rochester, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here over the weekend. First, key card didn't work. Second, room was NOT up to even minimum expectations. There was a bottle cap under the sink. The covers to the 'clean' glasses on the try in the bathroom were off and/or askew. There were strands of hair stuck to the back of the bathroom door. There was spilled coffee all over the desk. The kleenex holder was empty. I had to wash a brown stain off the toilet seat before using it. We pulled the sheets back to sleep and there was a blood stain on my side, right below where it comes up to my face.
In the morning, we spoke with management and listed the issues (not the key card not working because these things happen). She effusively promised us that they would finely detail the room and was horrified at the list of things, especially the blood on the sheet. We came back Saturday night and First, key card didn't work. Second, there was nothing done to the room except the towels picked up and the spread pulled up on the bed. Same sheets, same bottle cap on the bathroom floor, same coffee splotches on the desk, same hair on the back of the bathroom door, no tissues. This was the most disappointing hotel stay I have ever had and I travel a lot.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Karen T, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear valued guest. I am so sorry we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. It is based on customer feedback that we strive towards
improvement. We value your business and hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Madison. Enjoy your day---
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Upgraded my room to the same room on the club floor, not impressed. Although the lobby is very nice and well kept. exiting the elevator onto a floor that was dirty though out, looked like it had not been vacuumed for a long time. Upgraded room was old and dated although relatively clean, please have someone clean all the scuff marks from room doors makes the place look dirtier than it probably is. We ate downstairs at the lobby bar. Very bland chicken sandwich. Only one lady working check-in counter on our arrival long wait after long day. I will provided one good word in that the staff are nice in all areas. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen T, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Guest...Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your recent stay with us. It is based on costomer comments that we strive for improvement. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be shared with the team. We hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Madison, We value your business. Enjoy your day...
West Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed here once and wouldn't be coming back. There are much better hotels on the East Side where I now stay. First, it was weird that the pool is right there in the lobby area - so if you are planning on using it, beware that it might be a little too exposed to everyone checking in. But by far the worst thing about the hotel was the bed - I don't remember the last time I had a bed this uncomfortable in a hotel. Definitely not coming back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Karen T, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Guest, I am so sorry we did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact our General Manager, we would appreciate an opportunity to make this right with you. We value your business. Thank you and enjoy your day....
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

First, the good. Location -- across from East Towne Mall and the bus. East Towne has a lot of chain restaurants and is a smaller indoor mall. There is an airport shuttle offered. Now to the bad.

This hotel ranks as the worst I have ever stayed in. My room had mold on the ceiling, woodwork and on the curtains. The carpet was randomly vacuumed and worn. The lamp bulbs had lots of dust on them as did the room itself. Cleanliness, as well as service, is not a priority at this hotel. The entry area is your first indication that something is amiss with this place. The front desk staff has a no can do attitude. I informed them of the problems with my room and they had a nonchalant attitude and said they would call maintenance. When the maintenance person said my room needed to be changed immediately the front desk person said oh well we don't have any rooms available. Thank goodness the maintenance guy has a heart of gold and fantastic customer service skills -- he got my disgusting room changed, in a matter of minutes, to another one which was a little bit better than the first one but not by much. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel -- many others to pick from.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Karen T, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest, I am so sorry we did not meet your expectations. We would appreciate an oportunity to make this right with you. Please feel free to contact the General Manager at your convenience. We value your business. Have a great day....

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison? Share your experiences!