“Adequate experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 63 hotels in Madison
Potomac, Maryland
“Adequate experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Room was large but furnishings, carpeting, and cloth covered furniture were all very worn. I had to call for service to reset the TV. In-room safe did not work and a fee for the safe was on my bill. I had to request to have it removed, which they did without question. Linens were clean. Room was quiet. Breakfast offered choices of hot (waffles), choices of many breads, muffins, bagels, danishes, doughnuts, (some of which had been frozen more than once). I appreciated the hard boiled eggs, fresh whole fruit, cups of assorted yogurts, coffee and juices.

Room Tip: Note: no elevator. Stairs to 2nd floor are one long set and could be too steep for many to carry s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Baymontmw, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Baymont Inn & Suites. I am glad to know that you found your room to be clean and quite. I am sorry that your TV didn’t work at first, If I remember correctly, one of the cords was unplugged and like you said, we were able to fix it…sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and we will take actions accordingly. I hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

351 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Madison
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

lots of confusion over the rate. I found a rate on the Baymont website but when I got to the property I was told I needed to book the room online in order to get that rate. Later, someone else at the check in desk told me that I didn't need to do that - I should have been able to get that rate at the desk. In the room, the bathroom had noise - not the fan - note the toilet - but a pounding noise. This happened both day and night. It was very disturbing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Baymontmw, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of our Baymont Inn & Suites property. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with noise from the toilet...it has been taken care of. We would have gladly taken care of it during your stay. I am sorry for the confusion over your rate. Please give me a call at 608-831-7711 so we can discuss this. I appreciate your feed back and thank you for taking the time to share your comments so we may use them to fine tune our operations. We hope to see you next time you are in Madison.

Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I can't believe this hotel has decent ratings on google and other websites! This was probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We checked in and the front desk employee was friendly enough but as soon as we walked into our room there was an overwhelming smell of mildew and mold, we looked in the bathroom and the floor was covered in water. We called the manager and he came to the room and agreed. It appeared the toilet had not been flushed in weeks or even cleaned so they switched us to a different room. This room was slightly better but not by much. The bed skirt was dirty with stains, so was the carpet and the couch. Several of our lights were missing light bulbs, the top comforter was discolored and fraying,side tables and desk were sticky and had grime on them. I'm sorry to say but the whole place just grossed me out. The hotel does not have an elevator so you have to take the stairs, the carpet on the stairs had stains all over it too. We checked out the pool/arcade area and half of the machines had "out of order" signs on them, the sauna was "nailed" shut and was also out of order.I wasn't expecting much of anything at the continental breakfast but that was not up to par either, most of the food was stale or frozen, tables were dirty, silverware was dirty etc. I would never recommend this place to anyone, yes the rates are slightly cheaper (but should be much cheaper considering how dirty it was) than a few hotels on the same street but in my opinion it's totally worth paying a little more to have a clean room.

Room Tip: If you have to stay in this hotel request a room on the second floor (if you don't mind taking t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Meheals,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review on Tripadvisor. I am so sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room and overall condition of the hotel. I was able to identify the two rooms you stayed in. Our housekeeping and maintenance team were informed and are working on those rooms and we will discuss the conditions of any other rooms that might need work to ensure all guest rooms are up to Baymont Inn & Suites standards. I apologize for not having an elevator as we are only a 2-story building. If you would have informed us, we would have made every attempt to find a room for you on the ground floor. We do our best to take care of our guests and make sure that they are not inconvenienced by our lack of an elevator - even to help you with your luggage. The sauna is not out of order! Per WI law we would have had to convert it to handicap accessible and since it is such small space, it would have been next to impossible to do, so we sadly had to get rid of it. We no longer advertise a sauna for our hotel. However, we still have a nice heated pool and jacuzzi. As far as game room machines, we had people stick pennies in the machines, instead of quarters. We have been calling the company that comes to fix them almost every other day. I apologize that you were there during the time when some of them were down. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly at 608-831-7711. Again, I am sorry that you didn’t have a nice stay and I hope you will give us another chance at Baymont Inn & Suites. Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pretty nice place especially for the price. Pool and spa were the perfect temperature and the perfect size. They could use some lounge chairs. Good happy hour, but nothing on Sunday.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Baymontmw, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our heated pool and spa. I am sorry if you didn't get a lounge chair...we do have them. Feel free to ask Front Desk on your next visit. Happy to know that you were able to partake in our WISCO Happy Hour. Thank you again and we hope to see you in a near future.

Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

clean room, friendly staff, minutes from good restaurant's and downtown area, beds could be softer though

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Chad,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences of the Baymont Inn & Suites with the TripAdvisor community, I am very happy to hear about your positive experience.
I am excited to hear that our staff was very friendly during your stay; we always want to be a positive part of all of our guest’s experiences. Thank you again for taking the time to write about the Baymont Inn & Suites, we look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you to Madison.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel is in good location near offices. Room is on the smaller side, so is the bathroom. Breakfast is just OK and standards. Friendly guest service. May or may not come back, depending if there are better options in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Baymont Inn & Suites experience here on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the West Side of Madison community! We are so fortunate to have so many wonderful restaurants and shops in walking distance. Sorry to hear that our breakfast was just ok. I appreciate your comment about our friendly service. We also offer a happy hour and I hope next time you will be able to partake in our complimentary happy hour. WISCO Members Receive: Free Tap Beer & Free House Wine Monday-Thursday (5PM-7PM) and Friday-Saturday (6PM-8PM). Free pizza Monday-Thursday (5PM-7PM). All guests can sign up for WISCO membership for FREE. Hope you can give us another chance. Thank you for staying with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed from June 30- July 4 2014. It was a wonderful room with great service. From the person at the desk, the maid who kept our room so clean to the ladies who made breakfast. The price was right as well. All in all we had a great experience here and will stay there again if we ever come back this way.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Alice,

Thank you for taking the time and writing such a wonderful review about our property on TripAdvisor! I am so pleased to hear that our hotel suited your needs while in Madison/Middleton. I will sure to share your comments about our well trained staff with them. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Anna

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!