“Quick check-in Quick check-out” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Madison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have previously stayed in this hotel on business and not used the pool and entertainment facilities. This stay was for a family Easter gathering; and we all could not be more pleased with the space and quality of the pool and patio areas. The staff was courteous and efficient as always.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Baymontmw, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Donald,

Thank you for taking the time to write an outstanding review of your recent stay here on TripAdvisor. I’m so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed our friendly “home away from home” experience during Easter weekend. Thanks for the review and loyal business, appreciate your feedback and glad to read that you enjoyed yet another stay. We look forward to seeing soon at Baymont Inn & Suites.

Kind Regards,

Anna Kim
Assistant General Manager
Kaukauna
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I must preface this review by saying that we got a medical discount for the room we stayed in because I am a cancer patient at a nearby hospital. This hotel like many others in the city offers a discount for staying there to patients of the hospital.

I was torn about how to do a review on this hotel because they do offer a discount, but then I remembered that I had stayed at hotels in other cities that did the exact same thing, so I am comparing this hotel to that one.

We stayed here for one night and requested a handicap accessible room since I am disabled already besides becoming a cancer patient. The room we were given was horrible from the start. As we walked in the room had a very strong smoking odor, which was worse in the bathroom. It room was old looking, wallpaper was blistered and had minor peeling. Carpeting was worn and I am sure contributed to the odor. We also found a drug vial on the floor of the room near the sink, which did not belong to us. The room had a refrig. with a microwave on top. On top of that was the tiny coffeemaker and ice bucket. Just above that, was a wall lamp within a foot. So if you bump the shade, guess what happens. In the ceiling corners of the room were spiderwebs along with dust clumps. The window took two hands to open, we needed to open it because the room was very warm with no heat actually turned on.
Again this is suppose to be a handicap room. However, the bathroom was anything but. Putting 5 grab bars in an ordinary bathroom does not make it handicap accessible. The toilet was standard height, meaning that it was about 15 inches off the floor. The bathtub/shower combo was a standard shower with 3 grab bars installed in it. If someone needed assistance in using the tub/shower they couldn't. The wheelchair would block access to the bathroom to anyone except the person in the wheel chair. Plus there would be no place for the person in the wheelchair to extract themselves to. The shower head was fixed so anyone in a wheelchair could not reach it. And like I said there would be no place to sit in the shower besides the bottom of the tub. And as stated the tub was standard, meaning it had aprox. 16 inch sides on it. I noticed that in the tub under these 3 grab bars were black clumps of dirt. So whomever "cleaned" didn't bother to clean that part nor did they clean the bottom of the tub, because there was a noticeable ring of soap scum and dirt at the base of the tub all the way around it. And finally the shower curtain when closed was too small for the tub. When closed on one side, it was about a foot short from reaching the other side.
All in all, the room like the hotel looked old with a cheap attempted upgrade. Walls had been painted but not entirely, so you could see where they stopped painting. Doors had nicks and scratches everywhere. The wood behind our vanity's tissue dispenser was very noticeably broken. The basin stopper did not close, and the faucet handle had to be "pushed down" to keep the faucet from dripping hard.

If I had felt better we would have requested a different room, but with what was going on with my health, I couldn't handled anymore stress at the moment.

We will have to come back to Madison for further tests and procedures, but we will not be staying at the Baymont. BTW, at checkout my wife told them of the lack of handicap accessible bathroom. She was told "if you wanted a wheel chair handicap room we could have given you one". So they apparently have a two tier handicap room policy. So if you call and ask for a handicap room, you have to specify just how handicapped you are. Otherwise they will put you in the non-handicapped handicapped room.

We ate the free breakfast there. Breakfast is served from 6:30am to 9:30am. We got there at 6:35am. The area was very dirty. Tables were dirty, garbage was full and some of the items were not out yet. We had to ask for juice because the dispenser was empty. There was no hot water for oatmeal, or tea. No eggs, no decaff coffee.
All in all, the worse place I stayed at in many years.

Room Tip: Any room at another hotel is better then here.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jerry,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review of Baymont Inn & Suites. Our company prides itself on providing great service and clean rooms at affordable rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Jerry, please accept my most sincere apologies!

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you described is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, your review will be used to help coach our staff on room cleaning and inspection policy. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests directly or in forums like TripAdvisor. I would love to speak with you personally in hopes of addressing each and every one of you concerns. Please feel free to contact me at 608-831-7711. I hope to regain your confidence in our hotel and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at the Baymont inn & Suites.

Kind Regards,

Anna Kim
Assistant General Manager

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!