I've been to Cortez on business several times in the past five years and this has always been the place. And each time, it has been a great stay.
Location-wise, it's a great jumping off point if you're going to do Mesa Verde, Four Corners and many of the other nearby sites. It's honestly not a bad place even if you're going to spend a day in Durango (maybe you'll even get to see an elk on the drive).
Rooms are clean, neat and comfortable. Many will give you good views of the west side of Mesa Verde or Ute Mountain. You can walk to a handful of restaurants (most would likely choose to drive to downtown Cortez, especially if it's hot).
The free breakfast is solid, if not flashy. And honestly, that kind of sums up the place. Things I might ask for here are purely indulgence items. The service has only ever been great, the room quiet and cozy. I have never had an issue here and I've been here in on- and off-seasons. Plenty of chances for something to be out of whack. Probably my favorite Holiday Inn anywhere, honestly.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez Hotel Cortez
- Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez Hotel
- Holiday Inn Cortez
- Cortez Holiday Inn Express
- Cortez Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wired and Wireless Internet access! Microwave and refreigerators in every room. Free Hot Breakfast Buffett! 100% Non-Smoking! Sorry, No Pets Allowed. Indoor Pool, Dry Sauna & Jacuzzi! Breakfast served 6:30am-9:30am M-F and 6:30am-10:00am Sat & Sun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Olotels, Travelocity, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.