“This HIE Deserves 6 Stars” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Cortez
Monroe, Ohio
“This HIE Deserves 6 Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was the best one we ever stayed at. The front desk were extremely friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was done just right and the two ladies taking care of it made you feel like you went home to moms. The location was great, especailly close to restaurants and gas stations. If we are ever in the area again, will definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Justin V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Mab 1947! Thank you for your kind words! I have been into the breakfast room so many times this week carrying reviews and high fiving those great ladies, that the last time I went in (yesterday) they were like, “Oh, gosh, not again.” Sometimes I can be a little TOO positive. The owner has acknowledged the staff in front of the Hotel and now it’s your turn. You’re Awesome! Come back soon!!

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Portsmouth, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by Cortez as it was a convenient stop to see Mesa Verde. Lots of food to choose from and easy shopping to restock up on our trip. The hotel is excellent. Very clean with a super nice staff. The rooms were very nice. The free Breakfast was excellent! Overall an excellent choice for good, clean and an economical stay!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JS_4202! What a great review! Thank you! Just so I can wrap my head around your feed back, led me see if I get this right. We are; Canvenient, Excellent x 3, Very Clean, Super Nice, Very Nice, Good, Clean & Economical.. OMG!!!!!! You are officially the kindest person I know!! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We would LOVE the pleasure of having you back with us. Have a GREAT summer!!
Snellville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

A great hotel and a great place for families. We stayed in the kids suite and our kids loved the 2 sets of bunk beds in their "fort". The local decor of the hotel is something more hotels should model after.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with kids, reserving the kids suite is a must!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Priority_club_trvlr!!! And soon to be IHG_rewards_trvlr! We wish you could have stayed longer too!! Thank you for the Compliment on our Décor. Next time you are in, ask Justin or Bruce about the story of the Kokopelli Door Plaque Nightmare. Now THAT is a funny story. They won’t let me give you a helpful vote, so between you and me, please know that your review helps our Hotel to get better and stay better. Thank you again and have a Great summer!!
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was an above average hotel with a great view of the mountains. The rooms were clean for the most part....except the throw blanket on one of our beds which had food or something encrusted on it. Nice indoor pool and hot tub enclosed on three sides with glass for viewing the scenery. Breakfast was the standard holiday inn stuff but good. They also have a gym and laundromat adjacent to the parking lot and offer a free drink voucher for the restaurant/bar next door. Overall, we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boytbab!! Thank you for the Awesome review!! Sorry there was something crusty on your blanket, gross. I hope we fixed that in a jiffy for you. That free drink can mean the difference between a night, and a relaxing night. If you liked the pool room and Jacuzzi now, wait til winter, it is something out of a postcard, snow and ice everywhere like “Claymation Christmas” and a steamy hot tub. Way awesome. We cannot wait to have you back!!
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Cortez was not the highlight of our 3 week road trip. The only reason we stayed in this hotel was
because it was close to Mesa Verde,a place I have always wanted to see, and Durango. When we arrived, we found it to be a very lovely property. When we opened the door to our room, it STUNK of cigarette smoke. They said it was a non-smoking property. The restaurant availability was not so great either. Instead of 3 days, we stayed 2. The breakfast was not too bad.

Room Tip: Make sure it does not smell like cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
SedonaSoul1553!! What a bummer! When we became a 100% non-smoking & 100% Pet-Free, we knew it would be hard to prevent people from smoking in our now “smoke free” property. The only way we have been able to fix this is to charge anyone who smokes in one of our rooms $150.00. It is part of what all guests sign at check in. We then aggressively clean and disinfect the room. Usually our Housekeepers will catch this before you walk into a gross room. I am sorry that we did not catch this one. I have charged this fee probably 20 times in the last year and a half. We take it very seriously and appreciate that it is important to you too! I wish we had more restaurants here too, I think everyone does. Did you try Koko’s Friendly Pub & Grill or Shiloh’s Steak House; those are both Great places to eat! Thank you so much for acknowledging the Good & the Bad. I would love to have another chance at getting you in a room where a prior guests did not smoke. I am truly sorry you had such a bad stay that you cut your trip short, ugh, I really let you down and I wish I could give you another day somehow, or a better memory of your stay with us. I promise we will be all the more aggressive about the smoking issue to prevent someone else from having a sucky experience. Thank you for the kind words about our property and the breakfast, it means a lot to us. Btw, I love your name! Sedona has got to be one of the most beautiful places in the entire world. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what’s up and share your thoughts with the travel community. I hope to see you here again for a second chance and being a great experience!!
delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We recently spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Cortez, CO. The facility is very well maintained with the friendliest staff. Melissa at the front desk was especially courteous and we must give kudos to the wonderful breakfast staff as well. Madonna and Leona were very busy keeping buffet clean and stocked all the while making sure the guests had everything they needed. Madonna went out of her way to greet us each day and share a smile. The Inn has a very nice fitness center and laundry facilities and offers bottled water to the guests each afternoon. We spoke with the manager to complement him on his staff. His very pleasant demeanor made it clear that this is a friendly working environment. His very hospitable attitude is reflected in his staff. ....Well done!! We would certainly recommend this Holiday Inn to any who are planning a visit to Mesa Verde or Durango, CO.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
TravelGirl2082! Melissa is GREAT! She is our AWESOME Front Desk Manager. I gave her three copies of this and wrote Get Out of Jail Free on them so she could use them if she ever got “in trouble” with me lol! Tryth be told I am usually in trouble with her, HA! I don’t know what we would do without that woman. Madonna and Leona Rule! Madonna ( I call her Mo ) it’s a nick name and she says she likes it. She manages our Breakfast room and she will literally do almost anything for you to make you happy in there, she is just that cool. Now, as the Owner said at a really cool meeting we all had last Friday; “This Hotel is nothing without you people. You are what make our Hotel Great, not me.” What a great guy. Thank you so much for acknowledging us online. The Owner read your review, nodded, smiled (subtly, in his way) and said “Good job”. YES!!
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was a great stay, with a reasonable price. The amenities are wonderful, the free breakfasts are great, lots of food and variety. The only thing that was average I would say was the cleanliness of the pool. But we were staying at a time when the hotel was packed, and a ton of people had already used the pool and hot tub. The room was clean and they had even turned the cooler down when we got there. Friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ndj12!! You Rule!! We try to keep the rooms on 69 so you are not walking into a “Proof Box” (baking term, sorry, I’ve been watching a lot of the Food Network in HD at the Hotel, lol!). We are usually able to bounce back from a day of Heavy Use in the pool before it opens again in the morning. I am so glad you stayed with us and we really appreciate the time you took out of your day to leave us feedback! Have an AWESOME day!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez? Share your experiences!