“Great choice for the area!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Cortez
Louisville, Colorado
“Great choice for the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Holiday Inn in Cortez was a great place to stay. VERY clean, pleasant staff, free breakfast, free bottles of water, close proximity to Mesa Verde and the Four Corners. A very good overall experience. (we had a little issue with the wifi at first, but got it worked out)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dresser, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this motel on our way home from Arizona. We were impressed with the entire motel. When we checked in, I was told that I could park my motorcycle right outside the front door on the sidewalk. When I came out in the morning, I found a pail of carwash soap and water along with towels waiting for me to clean up the bike. Only a fellow biker could appreciate what that means to have someone care so much! The women who worked the breakfast area were extremely friendly and helpful. We came in from Arizona and New Mexico and none of the breakfast staff members in those states even spoke to the guests.
I'm from the midwest and appreciate a friendly welcome when I am away from home!
This motel ranks right up at the top in my book!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

After 2 days of camping at nearby Moorefield Campground in Mesa Verde (another great choice, by the way), we spend the last night of the long holiday weekend at the Holiday Inn Express in Cortez. We paid the extra $30 or so for the kids suite and it was well worth it. The room is large with a log "fort" built into the room with space for 4 kids. Our boys loved having their own private space where they could watch TV and play video games while we had some wine in the main hotel room and listened to Spotify through our iPhone on the clock radio (free wifi). The hotel has a terrific pool and grassy area outside where we got in some pick up football with some of the other guests while we waited for our room to be ready. The staff was great and the hotel is very clean. They serve a typical hot breakfast buffet in the morning so everyone got plenty to eat. We got takeout dinner from Nero's, a local Italian restaurant that we found in Frommer's. Probably the best meal we've had all year and we eat out a LOT!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Peoria, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had booked two rooms for one night while on a recent trip. The hotel was clean, quiet, and the staff was exceptional. They did everything they possibly could to make our stay memorable. I was impressed from the moment we arrived to our departure. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel would be a find in a major city, let alone Cortez. The lobby is expansive and well decorated, and there's a smaller, attractive seating area on the second floor. Our room was very large, thoughtfully appointed and quiet despite being near the elevators. The laundry room is in the lower level of the adjacent restaurant and I used my voucher for a free drink to sip a glass of wine while I did laundry, which the waitress encouraged and certainly made the chore more pleasant! The staff was helpful and friendly. There's an attractive outdoor seating area near the indoor pool. This is a top-notch hotel for travelers to Mesa Verde National Park or Cortez.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We spent one night here recently while on the road trip. I thought the hotel was a very good value. The rooms are attractive, clean, updated with lots of plugs to re-charge our iPhones, etc. The bathroom with spacious. I was especially impressed with the breakfast the next morning, which included omelettes and pancakes instead of just the usual breads and cereal. It was close to Messa Verde where we wanted to visit the next morning.

• Stayed May 2013
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Working in the area days on end, loved getting back to the hotel, Leona cooks the best breakfast ever!!! and Melisa at the front desk is the best.
Thank you for a wonderful home away from home!!!
I look forward to staying at your hotel again and again.
You have the best laundry room I have ever seen in a hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez? Share your experiences!