First, this is probably the nicest hotel in Cortez, so if you looking to visit the Mesa Verde, like we were, and the hotels in the park are closed for the season, like they were, I would definitely stay here.
Check-in very fast and easy, and perk #1 was the Navajo woman selling her handmade jewelry and pottery in the main lobby. She did beautiful work, and it was a joy to watch her make her art.
The pool area had a wonderful view of the mountains and perk #2, which was a dry sauna. Not many hotels in this price point have them, so it was a nice discovery.
The room was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express; clean, and slightly small, but adequate for what our family needed. My husband and I like to work out, so the next morning we discovered perk #3, which was a wonderfully equipped fitness center/laundry on the lower level of the great little pub next door! Most hotels this size and class have a fitness "room" where at least some of the equipment is not functional. This one had both free and stationary weights, several treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, and bikes, and all of them worked; it was almost like an Anytime Fitness center, which was nice and unexpected.
We barely made the 9:30 cutoff for the free breakfast, but the two really lovely ladies who clearly ran the area never made us feel rushed, and actually told us to take our time. As a compliment to them, all three of my sons, who are breakfast experts, said the eggs were the best they have ever had in a hotel before. There was a great selection of hot and cold food items, including fresh cinnamon rolls that were to die for:)
This place definitely put us in a good mood for our day of travel. Would definitely recommend!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez Hotel Cortez
- Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez Hotel
- Holiday Inn Cortez
- Cortez Holiday Inn Express
- Cortez Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wired and Wireless Internet access! Microwave and refreigerators in every room. Free Hot Breakfast Buffett! 100% Non-Smoking! Sorry, No Pets Allowed. Indoor Pool, Dry Sauna & Jacuzzi! Breakfast served 6:30am-9:30am M-F and 6:30am-10:00am Sat & Sun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.