“Good recommendation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Cortez
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Good recommendation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was refered to this Inn by my daughter who stayed there in August this year. At first i was not sure if we as elderly people would be comfortable there, but the Days Inn was very comfortable, clean and convenient. It was pleasant to have a fridge in the room, meaning we did not have to go out shopping too often during our three day stay. The beds are comfortbale and the service staff was very polite. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
kjz1970, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Cortez, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Days Inn of Cortez. I am glad you found our staff polite and our rooms comfortable and clean, and the location of the hotel seems to have been perfect for you. We sure did enjoy having you stay with us and hope you will return next time you are in the Cortez area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Peachtree City, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

After a long night driving through southeast Utah, I approached the Cortez Days Inn with the same amount of dazed wonder as the guys who rediscovered Mesa Verde itself in the 19th Century.

I consider myself a Days Inn connoisseur, if such a term is allowed to exist, but this was a different layout than I've ever seen before. You can tell it's a vintage place - sprawled layout and with some unorthodox parking spaces. You can tell it's vintage which is charming for me. Inside my King room, the bathroom sink/window was in the room itself, as opposed to a little partitioned area like I usually see. Bathroom/shower was almost Japan-size, again showing the traces of a pre-super-sized populace. ("Who were the mysterious architects of the Cortez Days Inn?") But the room was modern enough to have a fridge, which I put to good use. Nice bed, too.

Kitchen was a bit more standard Days Inn, DIY waffles, packaged pastries, etc. Staff was friendly - one was even giving suggestions on where to live to a guest who was moving to the area. And coming in at night hid the beauties of the mountain scenery - a nice surprise.

Best of all was the very short drive to Mesa Verde. If I ever return, I'd pick this place again. A reliable, inexpensive hotel near an amazing site - brilliant strategy!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
kjz1970, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Cortez, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Days Inn Hotel in Cortez Colorado. I really enjoyed reading your review. Thank you for recognizing us for what we take pride in. A comfy bed, good breakfast, friendly staff, and our scenic views. Mesa Verde is just 9 miles away. We hope to see you again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here Oct 1, 2013......The receptionist was nice and friendly. The rooms were clean but so tiny, especially the bathroom. You could literally sit on the toilet and your feet would touch the bathtub with your knees at a 90 degree angle. I recently had knee replacement surgery and two months ago I never would have been able to bend my knee enough to use this bathroom., The door hits the tub on the way into the bathroom. On a great note, there is a super Mexican restaurant within walking distance from the motel : Fiesta Mexicana. Great service and great food.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
First off I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Days Inn of Cortez. I am glad you found our rooms to be clean and our staff to be friendly. Secondly I apologize the bathroom was not more accommodating to your needs. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed here for an overnight getaway - don't laugh, I know it's Cortez, but sometimes you just gotta get out of town! The staff was VERY helpful and friendly. Also, they allow pets and they have their own "hotel dog". The pool was pretty nice, great for sunning. The rates were pretty cheap too for a hotel in Cortez that has all the amenities and allows pets (average breakfast). I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I think that there are rooms around the back that may be quieter, but I am not sure.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
kjz1970, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Cortez, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Days Inn of Cortez. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Just to let you know we have recently renovated all of our rooms. They now have new furniture and new carpet. We hope that you will think of us the next time your in South West Colorado and come by and see the great changes that have taken place since your last stay.
Antwerp, Belgium, Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Cheap hotel near Mesa Verde, at the end of the city. It needs renovation, and isolation of the walls... I could hear everything in the other rooms. Breakfast was not at the same standard as other hotels on our roadtrip. They have a babycrib, so that's good, but ask for a room on the ground floor. i would not go there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I wanted to let you know we are beginning a new breakfast that will offer egg and cheese omelets and biscuits and gravy along with what we already offer, such as, make your own waffles and fruit and yogurt. Please stop in again to see what we have changed.

Been to Days Inn Cortez? Share your experiences!