“Old School Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Takeout
Montville, New Jersey
“Old School Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

It's casual, family owned and operated, old school hospitality and a well balanced breakfast menu. Jack greets you at the door, Janelle makes sure your coffee cup is always full. They serve a traditional American Breakfast Fare which seems to draw a local crowd. I was there at 7 AM on a Thursday morning and it was 3/4 full. I think we all like to see a local crowd in small town restaurants. I had the All American Breakfast (2 eggs, sausage, hash brown potatoes and a biscuit) $6.95. The food was freshly made, biscuit came with jam and arrived in a reasonable amount of time. The never empty cup of coffee was $1.95 served before the breakfast came with hospitality that said, "Thank you for coming to breakfast". My only small complaint is that I like my hash browns shredded very finely. Maybe they would have finely shredded the hash brown's if I had asked.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“A strange lunch experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through Cortez and stopped because we were all so hungry. While the owner and wait staff were friendly, They acted a little too familiar with us too quickly. The restaurant was not clean and the food was mediocre. We were ready to get out of there and on our way to our destination. If we were in Cortez again, we would pass on this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sunnyvale, Texas, United States
“Good not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dinner was good. We had the barbecue. It wasn't great, but we would give it another chance. I understand that they serve a good breakfast. Staff was very attentive and friendly.

Visited June 2013
baraboo
“nice little find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

ate here on our family vacation. we went out of our way to not eat at a chain. we wanted something more local. the portions were big. the price was right. the waitress was sweet. the food was good however due to a cook in training the 2 omlettes ordered had their cheese choices swaped. really not a big deal. 1 biskets and gravey was enough. give it a chance.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cortez, Colorado
“Dont Bother...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The atmosphere was okay but it really smelt weird not sure exactly what it was. Our waiter was kind of rude definitely had a weird sense of humor. I had high hopes for this place had herd they had good comfort food but really when I left I think I needed more comfort then when I went in.

Visited June 2013