“Parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SunBay Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
SunBay Resort
You added SunBay Resort to your Saves list
4810 Central Avenue, Hot Springs, AR 71913   |
“Parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

It was our second night at Sunbay and about midnight the doorbell rings. A security guard and awaken everyone in the condo to tell me that my vehicle was in the wrong parking spot. So I go out and move my vehicle to appease this humdinger of a security guard (who was wearing a badge that said "Security" like thats gonna make a difference). After I moved my vehicle I asked him that if he had anymore problems with us could he not ring the doorbell after 10. He proceeded to tell me that this was his parking lot and that if he had to wake us up at three in the morning he would. Just be cautious of booking a room here because the unimportant people take their unimportant meter maid job way too seriously. Great place to stay but just one ignorant over compensating security guard.

• Stayed June 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The condo just seemed to be lacking in every sense. The best perk is that the air conditioning never went out (the internet, however, only worked about 10% of the time). The guest bedroom has a vent that is connected to the hallway (our room was right by the outside entry on the second floor which lead us to be woken up at 7 am every morning by people either entering the building or getting ice from the machine.) There was no view from our room, which was said to be the "hidden treasure". All of the experiences could have been forgivable, except that the housekeeping was minimal (we actually called someone up to clean the wall in the master bedroom our first day because it has some nasty residue that was somehow missed.)

Room Tip: Do not pick the 2nd or 5th floor if someone is staying in the guest bedroom, no privacy and no sleep...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The SunBay Resort in Hot Springs has two areas, one, referred to as the Lodge, is the older of the two and the Villas are the more modern units. We stayed in the Lodge on the fifth floor of the six-floor main building. They do have a quaint floor identification system, similar to that we found in several European countries...that is the first or ground floor is called the Ground Floor. The next floor up is called the first floor. The first time we took the elevator down we hit the "1" button and arrived on the first floor, but still one floor above the lobby, desk, etc. Just takes some getting used to. The parking is ample and close to all the buildings. Check in at the front desk was quick and easy. They seem to have a least two and usually three young ladies at the desk at all times. Mostly they just seem to be sitting around waiting for something to do. Our fifth floor two-bedroom unit was obviously an older condo, but has been very well maintained. The square footage was adequate, but the kitchen was tiny to say the least. It was strictly a one-man (or woman) operation. There is no garbage disposal and that's a minor inconvenience. Our view from the very nice balcony, out over a Lake Hamilton inlet, was great and we appreciated that, especially in the morning while enjoying that first cup of coffee. We enjoyed the king size bed in the master and the second bedroom had a queen size. Several items emphasize the age of the units...the TVs are CRT units and of course generally much smaller than the newer flat screens. The telephones are Princess units directly from the 70s. Two bathrooms are a nice feature, as is the Jacuzzi in the master bath. The dining room furniture is sturdy and functional. The living room is furnished with a large soft easy chair and couch, both upholstered in leather. They do have twice daily trash pickup and that 's a nice touch. They also provide daily copies of the Hot Springs Sentinel-Record newspaper. We were also pleasantly surprised to find out they provide free laundry facilities complete with soap. In room Wi-fi is also provided at no charge. There are room air-conditioners in both the master bedroom and the living room; they can be a bit on the noisy side at times, but that's a minor point. Overall, the SunBay Resort, Lodge facilities, are decent, clean, comfortable and well maintained, although in need of some modernization. The do have an on-site spa and restaurant (the Back Porch), although we didn't try either. The resort is right on a Lake Hamilton inlet and a convenient drive to the downtown area, local shopping, markets, etc. We did take the evening dinner cruise on the Belle of Hot Springs Riverboat and enjoyed that outing along with some local shows, hot spring spas, etc.

Room Tip: The upper floors provide the best view of the lake.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

First off, my room was great! Updated, clean, comfortable, Great view, but that's where it stopped. Restaurant was not good. Pool was extremely dirty! There was a layer of scum and bugs on top of the pool and I'm surprised the health department doesnt do something. Hot tub was very clean however. It was overall not a bad stay but they need to improve a few things.

• Stayed May 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Standard condo that was clean enough but floor plan left a lot to be desired. Second bedroom was directly off public hallway with entry door and room window minimizing privacy and sense of security. Main entrance leading to living room was through galley kitchen.

• Stayed October 2011
Mexico, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We traveled here for our 35th wedding anniversary and found the 2BR/2Bath villa very quant and quiet. While it was not the most up to date decor or furnishings, they were comfortable. The furnace was very loud when running, and the carpet had seen better days ten years ago, however, I didn't pick the place because it was new. I wanted peace and quiet and alone time with my wife. As far as cleanliness, I've seen a lot better, but it wasn't disgusting either. As older units go, it was in fair shape. As for the remainding attributes of the resort I give it high marks. The inside hot tub and sauna felt great and were not over crowded. The indoor/outdoor pool with gym equipment was also very well outfitted and had several raquet ball courts. The swimming towels were a hastle to get from the front desk every time you wanted to swim, and some times the front desk was closed and we couldn't get towels. Service could have been a little better, but again I was not there for anyone's time but my own. I thought it was a great place especially if one wants time alone with their spouse and some peace and quiet for a change.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you move into the room. Open the hide-a-way couch before you use it to m...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

The location was perfect!! Close to restaurants and to the track We took the $5 shuttle to the track and it waWether right thing to do, they let us off at the front door of the track and picked us up in the same spot. We paid for our stay through Groupon. I am assuming their no care attitude was because we stayed "free". It wasn't free. We stayed in a two room suite that I assume was made by making a door between two old hotel rooms. The carpet looked new but had not been cleaned. The mattresses were old and had a peculiar smell. We went down and asked for another fan to circulate some air and was quickly told "we don't have fans here"! I told her we had one in our room and she said "well then, I don't have any extras". I told her the room reeked and she handed me an small old air purifier machine and walked away. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to SunBay Resort? Share your experiences!