“This B&B was beautiful, quiet, and comfortable.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 1890 Williams House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1890 Williams House Inn
You added 1890 Williams House Inn to your Saves list
420 Quapaw Avenue, Hot Springs, AR 71901   |
Ranked #6 of 21 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
“This B&B was beautiful, quiet, and comfortable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband an I had a wonderful experience here at 1890 Williams House. The owner was very friendly and accommodating. The room was beautiful. Amazing sheets on the bed! Very clean and quiet. Close to downtown area. Would recommend for romantic getaway. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We spent two wonderful nights at 1890 Williams House. The staff are all so sweet and helpful. It is so beautiful and peaceful we didn't want to to leave. It was so nice to sit on the veranda with a glass of wine and a good book. A perfect way to end a busy three week trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynda1890, Owner at 1890 Williams House Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Great to know you enjoyed your time with us at the Williams House! It's wonderful to have guests connect with each other while sitting on our big veranda sharing life stories!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderfully romantic weekend for my hubby's birthday in the Parlor Suite. It was amazingly private, comfortable and we loved every minute if our mini-vacay! We enjoyed breakfast our suite and the quiche was delicious. The ladies who run the B&B are adorable and very helpful. We were there during a small wedding, but we spent a lot of time in our room so we didn't mingle much; our intention. This is a lovely place and we enjoyed being walking distance to the strip. It made for some nice evening strolls! The patio is very welcoming and comfortable and the snacks and fruited water are sublime! Can't wait to return!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Williams House and its proprietors made my recent visit to Hot Springs and the surrounding area one of the most memorable and wonderful trips of my life so far! The house itself is gorgeous, with exquisite antiques and architectural features that make it a very special place to spend some time. My group and I made sure to hang out on the wrap around porch for a while each afternoon, enjoying the breeze and conversation with proprietors Lynda and John.

My suite was in the Carriage House behind the main house, and it was the perfect place both to rest at night (in a bed that must have been hand-crafted by angels or something) and to hang out with my friends in the parlor, which served as our collective visiting and gaming space in the evenings. My suite had the most amazing bathroom and Jacuzzi tub, and then I discovered that all the rooms are equally as impressive. It was a treat to take a Jacuzzi bath each night before bed. (Did I mention the bed? The bed alone was worth the stay. Absolutely the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in on a vacation and the sheets were the softest ever! And you can buy sheets just like them to take home!)

Each morning the staff served us a tasty homemade breakfast in the formal dining room, and we enjoyed every meal, but especially the made-from-scratch breads (my favorite was the blueberry bread with caramelized pecans). Lynda always had a big pitcher of fruit-infused ice water in the dining room, too, which was a refreshing treat each time we came back to the inn after wandering downtown or going to the baths or whatever activity we did that day.

The house is located just a couple of blocks from downtown Hot Springs, so it was easy to walk downtown for tours, shopping, going to Quapaw Baths and their steam cave, and eating some fantastic meals in local restaurants. The gardens around the house were also beautiful, and we could tell a lot went into keeping the whole place both enticing and comfortable.

Thank you, Lynda and John, for a fantastic stay in Hot Springs and for making our whole group feel like family! I certainly look forward to a return visit and I highly recommend The Williams House for anyone seeking a great place to stay in the area.

A few of my favorite things about the area: Lake Ouachita (3 Sisters Springs area at the State Park), Quapaw Baths and the steam cave, amazing Garvan Gardens outside of town.

Room Tip: The Carriage House made for a great way to enjoy together-time with friends while allowing everyone...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lynda1890, Owner at 1890 Williams House Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I enjoyed having you all here at the Williams House for your reunion and I'm so glad you enjoyed every part of your stay! Hope to see you all again sometime soon!!
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My sister and I surprised my mom with a weekend away for Mother's Day. The Williams House was so lovely, and the Carriage House was beautiful and HUGE! We would absolutely come again. Perfect space for a group or family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lynda1890, Owner at 1890 Williams House Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay in the Carriage Suite and were all able to spend time at the Williams House for Mother's day weekend!
Shelbyville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Williams House. We stayed in the Williams Suite which was awesome! Weren't able get in the tub per issues with it from the previous couple but Mrs. Linda made good on it and we were highly pleased. We will stay here again and highly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Highly recommend staying in the Williams Suite for couples.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Camden, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I were married at the 1890 Williams House in early April. Thanks to Lynda and her staff, we had a beautiful ceremony. They went out of their way to make certain everything was just right for us. Our two night stay there was just as lovely, it was a very enjoyable, comfortable, and relaxing stay and the house and grounds are beautiful! We cant wait to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to 1890 Williams House Inn? Share your experiences!