“Fantastic Place On the Lake and Still In Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Springs
Country Inn Lake Resort
1332 Airport Rd, Hot Springs, AR 71913   |
Ranked #8 of 38 hotels in Hot Springs
Stillwater, Oklahoma
“Fantastic Place On the Lake and Still In Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I took a trip to Hot Springs and after looking at many locations to stay on Trip Advisor we decided to stay at the Country Inn Lake Resort. The pictures are somewhat misleading about the area since it looks like it is in a secluded area but it is actually in a well developed area. It is close to about anything you need. Papa John’s Pizza is right across the street. The rooms were super clean and comfortable. Arriving on the first night we stayed in one of the regular rooms and the rest of the nights we stayed in one of the Kitchenette units. The Kitchenette units are fabulous and offer a great view of Lake Hamilton. They offered everything we needed to cook plus the table and chairs offered a great view of the lake while eating. There was also a full size sofa in the room.

Another good part of staying at Country Inn Lake Resort is that it is owned and operated by an American couple. I went fishing and was having zero luck but when I had called a spoke to the owner he had told me that he had an area with brush that he had placed to attract the fish. I found him replacing some cracked tile in a room a couple of doors down from me and asked him about the fishing area location. He was about to finish up his repair and told me he would meet me on the east boat slip to show me where to fish. He actually came and threw in a line to show me where to catch the fish. While I never caught Moby Dick I had a lot of fun fishing between our other festivities around town.

There are also covered patios on both sides of the Kitchenette units and on one side of the regular rooms. The kitchenettes have two chairs and a table on the lake side and an outside locked room to store your fishing gear or extra items you don’t want in your room. The little room actually separates you from the unit next door even though it has a common walk way it still feels private and cozy. The sea wall is a concrete lighted walkway and very inviting when compared to an adjacent property that had a wooden walkway.

While being downtown at the bathhouses I found parking to be a major headache with time limits and costly so while looking for places to stay in the Hot Springs area it would pay to ask about parking costs. Free parking is all that is available at the Country Inn Lake Resort.

The only thing we found lacking is there was no clock other than on the microwave, iron or ironing boards in the rooms. Add these items and you would have it all.

Room Tip: If you get one of the end rooms will have no foot traffic on the common walkway. The kitchenettes...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We host a family reunion and I referred five families for rooms at the Country Inn. I booked a room in June for my sister and she let me know she could not come on Aug 5. I called to cancel room, but will not receive the 89 dollars back due to 14 day cancellation policy, and I was at 11 days. They did offer another nite before October but does me no good since the reunion is booked.I think a refund was due because of referrals, so our business will go elsewhere.

Stayed August 2012
Nacogdoches
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and I wish we could have stayed longer. Room was great! We stocked up on groceries and grilled hamburgers one night.. Great service and friendly staff. Nice view of the lake. We will come back here again!

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for three days and it was a wonderful place! Great view of Lake Hamilton, good service, and overall just a great value. We will definitely stay here if we visit Hot Springs in the future!

• Stayed July 2012
Collins, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Reserved a weeks stay at Country Inn. First night our ac would not run long enough to cool our room. Moved to another room and three nights later our ac quit. After this we had had enough of sweating through the night with very little sleep so we came home early. Oh and the ice machine also quit during our stay and the walls were paper thin based on all the noise. Look elsewhere if staying in Hot Springs

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is our first time staying here. It is a very new place and very clean for being on a lake. It has a lot of room a well equiped kitchen and big closet inside and a closet outside to store your fishing stuff.. I wish it had a pool and it would be perfect! I am very very picky where I stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Galena Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this resort for years and have always found the accomodations to be clean and comfortable and the staff to be friendly and very helpful. We were there in March 2012, November 2011 and my daughter just booked for May 2012.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn Lake Resort? Share your experiences!