“NO REFUNDS, VERY RUDE FRONT DESK” 1 of 5 stars

Country Inn Lake Resort
1332 Airport Rd, Hot Springs, AR 71913   |
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Hot Springs
Charlotte NC
“NO REFUNDS, VERY RUDE FRONT DESK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

When we found we needed to go home earlier than planned, we gave 3 days notice but could not get a refund for our pre-paid stay. BE WARNED...very rude front desk, no ammenities, really awful bed and no refunds if you have an emergency. They simply don't care. Unless you pay for a room with a kitchenette you have no view. You can barely move in the rooms and there's no lake view. The bathroom is the size of one on an airplane. It's really not worth it. Bring your own towels & bathroom tissue too! So many good deals in Hot Springs, shop around! We will never return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
caknabe, Owner at Country Inn Lake Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
We are a small family owned resort that depends upon a guarantee reservation to allow us to do business. When making a reservation you choose the type of rooms that we have available to rent. One room is a larger lake side kitchen unit, the other room is a smaller off lake motel unit.The customer is also notified of our cancellation policy at the time of making a reservation. A conformation letter is sent that explains the room rate that you have reserve and our cancellation policy. Upon check in you sign a registration form again explaining the rental agreement.
If a situation arises where a party has to depart early we will do are very best to try to re-book that room for them if we can. In this situation the guest stayed 2 out of 3 nights with us and did not have any complaints. The problem arose when they decided the reservation agreement did not apply to them and wanted to cancel the last day of their reservation. It makes it very difficult for us to re book that room with such short notice of departing.Unfortunately we couldn't.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nederland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

The room were nice and clean....the view was amazing.....I love it here ...We came on Easter weekend.....you will love it here.....I recommend this place....we will come back.

Room Tip: wish it was pet friendly but thats ok
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed here with our 10 year old. It was a great location. Quiet and plenty to do. Very close to activities, good food and fun.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Pearland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Pros:
Nice view of lake if located on lake side of motel, swimming dock, boat dock, gazebo with bar-b-que pits, and convenient to stores nearby, storage closet on patio, internet access, and the price of room.
Cons:
The beds were horrible, no sleep, 70's bedding and furniture, loud a/c, not enough parking, tight one-way parking lot, low water pressure, no amenities, bad return policy, mini fridge making it difficult for multi day stay, tiny tv screen, and arrogant attitude of ownership.

The beds were the worst I have ever experienced. The mattresses are non supportive and have deep pits in them and the sheets were old, ugly, and scratchy. The tv monitor was extremely small, the a/c unit was extremely loud as it kicked off and on keeping you awake, and there were no amenities such as coffee, creamer, or sugar. We were told to buy some if we wanted some. The coffee pot was dirty and the house rules at the motel are a bit ridiculous. They have an inventory sheet of pots, pans, forks, towels, etc. and will charge you for items missing even if you weren't responsible for their loss.

We can overlook many things and understand that the price is actually pretty good for all that you get, but the one thing that they MUST fix is the beds. They can cut costs here and there and have their little rules for linens, pots, and pans, but ultimately they are a motel which requires overnight stay and the beds should provide comfort for their guests.

The other big problem we had was with the owners regarding our money.There was no way we could go another night with no sleep. When I spoke to the lady at the desk(owners wife) she said they don't give refunds for any reason at all and that we probably would not get one. I told her that we liked everything about the place, but couldn't stay there another day due to those beds. She acknowledged the beds are bad and that they need to be replaced. Her solution to the problem was for us to go to Wal Mart and buy some foam eggshell crates. I couldn't believe she was asking me to spend my money on something that they are supposed to provide.... a decent bed. She then told me that the owner comes in once a week and he will decide then if the refund will be made. I was leaving in a day back to Texas where we live and that didn't work for me. I asked her if she actually knew the owner and she told me that the owner was her husband. I asked if I could speak to him and she denied me of that. I asked her to call him for resolution to the problem and she rolled her eyes and sighed and said "I guess I can call, but I doubt it will do any good." She said he would be in the following morning and that he is the only one that can do a refund if at all. That is ridiculous. Anyone on their staff can take your money immediately, but there are no refunds, and if there are any refunds due to special circumstances he is the only one that can do it. Give me a break. Anyway, she told me that I would have to check out by 11AM that morning so she could rent it out to someone else if I wanted a refund. I was worried that I wouldn't get my refund before I had to leave to another motel or home and that is exactly what happened. I returned home only to find that they did not credit my account for the day that we did not stay there, but they actually charged me for an additional day. I called the motel and they told me that my bank made an error. I asked them to mail me the credit receipt that they have showing the credit and the owner himself said they would not mail anything. I will give this a couple days to see if there are any changes to my on line banking account and will surely be calling them back if it has not been fixed. This overall attitude that is shared by the owner and his wife (Shaun) is rather pompous, and arrogant and is not good for business. I do not recommend doing business of any kind with people like this.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Bartlett, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

We stayed here last year and had a great stay. We had a dock for our boat and everything just feet away from our room. Rooms are a little small, but the view of the water is great. We will be returning in 2010!!!! Very affordable as well.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
blytheville,ar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I was very pleased with my stay at country inn, the kitchenette room I had was very clean and had a beautiful view of the lake.swimming in the lake was fun but it was very deep so be cautious and watch out for large stumps in shallow area.It was a great way to wind down after a long day of sightseeing,to cook on the grills,take a dip in the lake and watch the sunset.the rooms were comfortable,even a little cold in the 90 degree weather, that was very welcome.the only bad I could say is the walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors slightly.I visited with a friend only but I plan to return very soon with my 4kids and husband.the price is excellent for what you get.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

On the web site the resort looks great but when we arrived we found that only the kitchenetts have lake views not the motel units. The walls were very thin and the people next to our room were loud and stayed up most of the night. The TV volumes were not adjustable so no one could not turn the volumes down. The floors were wood so they creaked when they were walked on, which could be heard from other rooms. The pillows were flat and tiny and the matresses are worn out. There were coffee pots but no coffee available on site. We spent most of the daytime out shopping and checking out the town and came back to the room at night to rest but no rest here. After our stay I wonder why this resort which offers 1 dock swimming, 1 dock boating and a pavilion classifies the month of February as In Season Rates. Now the good part is, although the room was small it was clean.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn Lake Resort? Share your experiences!