“Only good for location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Hot Springs
Rogers, A
“Only good for location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The good part is you can walk to anyway on the historic downtown strip. It's just off the main strip so it's not noisy.

The bad is that Angel's restaurant never seems to be open, the bar never looks open, and the Civil War bookshop was never open. We stayed almost a week and didn't see an of them open. We asked about the restaurant because that was part of what drew us to the Park Hotel and we were told to go to the other location a few blocks down the main strip. When we got to the other location, the menu had fewer items and we felt that it was a bit expensive.

As for the room, we had a king mini suite. The room was pretty sparse and the AC wasn't adjustable so it got a little warm each morning. There were mini blinds but no curtains so the room is flooded with light by 7 am on the SE side of the building. My wife thought the bathroom was a pretty small because it had no room for her things.

Bottom line: If you want to be able to walk anywhere in the downtown area and don't care about amenities, it's great. If you don't mind driving to get downtown, stay at the Staybridge Suites. Another couple with us did and their accommodations were a ton nicer for the same price.

Room Tip: Rooms on SE side get warm in morning and the light will wake you up. I imagine rooms on the other s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Siloam Springs, Arkansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I'll start with the good stuff: the lobby is cute. There are a lot of interesting older features in the hotel, like the original tiled floors, the mineral water fountain, older woodwork, and actual keys to go in the locks (not cards). It's quiet, but right next to the national park and about a block from the shops downtown, so it's convenient to the historical part of town. The staff has been helpful, but I haven't really asked for anything.

But the bad. The room I'm in is very small with old carpeting. Everything is clean, but should have been replaced several years ago. There's no way to control the temperature of the room except by opening or closing a vent above the door. The shower was cold. My mattress is on the older side and is definitely saggy. There was an "energy usage surcharge" (which sounds like a bit of a rip off) and the premium cable channels don't work on the very small TV. I was told you'd have to pay extra for those. I wouldn't stay here again. The interesting antique touches aren't worth the uncomfortable rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fair Oaks, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My wife and I spent many years traveling for our jobs and for pleasure, but this hotel experience was the worst we've ever had. The hotel and it's "renovations" are way "oversold" on their website. The manner in which the hotel was managed left a lot to desire; the housekeeping staff were fine and very helpful. We had booked 4 nights at the hotel, but realized that getting to and out of Hot Springs was going to make a very long travel day on the day of our departure. We requested to reduce our stay by one night to reduce our day's travel time when we left Hot Springs for our next location (we had reservations for the next two weeks, at various locations on our way home to California), due to my wife's recent back surgery (two titanium rods to hold her spine in place). The response that we got was that it wasn't likely that "management" would approve any reduction in our stay. We checked a number of times with the "manager", and always got the same response - "no one has gotten back to her". We paid a "premium price" for a "flop" house and less than desirable accommodations.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The first time me and my friend stayed for her bday. The hotel was alright for the price. Well we decided to stay for my bday this time. Everything seemed fine till got back from the trip and the bank called saying someone was trying to buy stuff with my mom's card in hot springs. And the ONLY people that had my moms credit card info was the people at the hotel. So when my mom called to talk to the manger she was basically calling my mom a liar. Saying that none of her employees would ever do that. Well we surely didn't use the card and you we're the only ones that had it. And basically calling your customers liars isn't good for business. So now I'll be sure to let everyone know not to stay at your hotel.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Clinton, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

too basic and very dark and old! Before booking chek it out since they have 48 hour cancellation policy! we gave up 2 days worth ($) to not stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New Iberia, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Park Hotel is an older hotel so don't expect crisp and perfect walls/floors, etc. BYOHairdryer for sure. No minifridges or pool either. Just your basic room. Angels Italian Restaurant (in hotel) had the BEST italian food EVER! Yes, I did order the 20oz ribeye (THE BEST I'VE EVER EATEN BTW), but we had the meat,cheese and olive antipasti platter, huband had the crab cakes. Tiramisu was superb and the waitstaff was very attentive and helpful. Eat outside or inside. They had complimentary coffee and cake in the mornings but we just walked down the street to "The Pancake Shop". EXCELLENT breakfast! Right in front of the Hot Springs National Park and a short 3 minute walk to the main shopping street/Bathhouse Row. A pleasant surprise was a bookshoppe inside the hotel. It is called The Battlefield Civil War Bookshoppe. Plenty of books, yes, but the really cool stories are with the artifacts that the very nice owner possesses (and sells). He was so very nice to explain different types of bullets (musketballs) to my 8 year old daughter. The extent of his collection is, well, I can't even put it into words. Everything has a story and is authentic. We stayed in here for a few hours just listening to him describe different artifacts and explaining what some things were used for back then. Remarkable. Just this shoppe and restaurant is worth the stay.

Room Tip: No noise problems in our room on the 3rd floor. 325. Seems the hotel is dog friendly as we met up w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Park Hotel of Hot Springs? Share your experiences!