My husband and I hadn't been away by ourselves since we had children. All our vacations have been family vacations. Well, this weekend was our opportunity to get away just the two of us. We decided on Hot Springs because it is a drivable distance for us. As I started to research places, I came across this 5 star B&B. Not only did that catch my attention, but the fact that you could bring your dog(s) was a bonus. We were impressed the moment we drove onto the property. Right off the main highway leading into Hot Springs, it is very secluded. It sits right on Lake Hamilton. It is a very secure place. You cannot just walk in. You have to ring a bell and be let in by personnel. The doors leading in are keypad entry. The front part of the B&B are the offices, gift shop, open snack area where they provide coffee, popcorn,chips, cookies, candy, fruit infused water, and soft drinks, and the stairs leading to the upper rooms. The back of the inn is where all the rooms including the dining area are - overlooking the lake. The property is lush with foliage, trees, gardens - so much so that the inn is fairly secluded from the lake side. It is so beautiful and relaxing. You really can just sit outside and feel all your cares just melt away. This weekend was particularly great because it's July and it was cool with little humidity so sitting outside was wonderful. I had booked the Possum Grape pet friendly room. It was so lovely. Nice decor and color combinations. Very comfortable queen size bed. Spa tub, tile floor, chairs, desk, end tables, and a door that opened onto a patio with rocking chairs. Wonderful toiletries were provided along with quality robes. Breakfast was really amazing. They serve things that most people wouldn't go through the trouble of making at home. Each day was truly delicious. This morning was a berry shortcake, vegetable frittata, roasted cherry tomatoes with parmesan cheese, blueberry loaf, orange juice, and coffee. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful when we were trying to decide where to go and what to do. We brought our dog and they made him feel very welcomed, too. He is well behaved, but we never felt like they thought he was an imposition. There was a community room with games, canoes free of charge, DVDs if you wanted to stay in and watch a movie, a reception with wine, tea, and food. Absolutely amazing! This B&B is close to downtown and other amenities If you are looking for a place to truly feel like you are getting away from it all, this is the place. It was worth every penny we spent. We will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience unparalleled pampering, peace and tranquility in comfortable luxury at the award winning Lookout Point Lakeside Inn. Situated on beautiful Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, Arkansas, every room features a stunning view of the lake, our beautifully manicured gardens, and the Ouachita Mountains. Savor a daily gourmet breakfast and afternoon Innkeeper’s Reception, with complimentary dessert, appetizers, wine & tea. Our bed and breakfast in Hot Springs, AR is perfect for romantic getaways, small group meetings, and intimate weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Lookout Point Lakeside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lookout Point Lakeside Hotel Hot Springs
- Lookout Point Lakeside Inn b&b