“Immaculate” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Denison, Texas
“Immaculate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We only had one evening at the Inn, but it was enough to persuade us that we will return often. Though the Hot Springs weather was oppressively hot in early September, the Inn was immaculate. Christie, Ray, Tricia, and Robin were delightful in every way. My wife adn I have have stayed at at least one InnKeeper's Registry Inn every year since 1997. Lookout Point is a decoration to that registry. The property is 10 years old this year, but looks spotlessly new. The upkeep has been loving and detailed. Kudoos to the Inn.

G & D Higginbotham

Room Tip: We loved the Pochahantis room, though I suspect that all the room s are lovely.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
lopi1655, Owner at Lookout Point Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your glowing words of affirmation for Lookout Point! We take pride in having a spotlessly clean inn, and providing excellent hospitality. Also, our guests rave about the beautiful location on Lake Hamilton, and easy proximity to Hot Springs. We hope you will return in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I recently spent two nights at Lookout Point celebrating our 46th Wedding Anniversary. We could not have selected a more wonderful location! Lookout Point Lakeside Inn is truly exceptional in every way. Our stay was in the Birdsong Room, decorated beautifully in blue and white toile with a balcony overlooking the gorgeous gardens and serene Lake Hamilton. When we arrived, we were shown to our room by the innkeeper, where a personalized card wishing us a Happy Anniversary waited for us on our bed. A romantic CD had already been placed for us in the CD player. There are 11 other uniquely and beautifully-decorated rooms from which to choose, as well as a condo at a nearby location.
The lovely grounds are beautifully landscaped and include a waterfall koi pond with a stream tumbling down the hill into the lake. Birds and butterflies abound. It is such a peaceful and calming setting.
You can choose to have the delicious breakfast served either in the lovely dining room or outside on the patio next to the sounds of the waterfall. Each morning a menu of the day is printed and placed on your table, along with fresh flowers.
We arranged to have a privately-catered dinner for just the two of us to celebrate our anniversary. It was served on the patio. Our chef, Eve, was a delight and she prepared for us an absolutely outstanding meal, including a refreshing salad, delicious pork tenderloin with cranberry orange and parmesan rice, and chocolate lava cake with fresh whipped cream and strawberries for dessert. Everything was beautifully prepared and seasoned, and was accompanied by a bottle of wine of our choosing. Outstanding!
Each afternoon there is an innkeeper's reception which includes white and red wines, an hors d'oeuvre, and a freshly-made dessert--during our stay a petite dish of apricot cobbler and slices of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. We shared the goodies and the time with other guests and had a wonderful time visiting with some very nice people and new friends.
While we were at dinner on Sunday evening, I arranged to have the Inn the Mood package delivered to our room, and we returned to find a chilled bottle of champagne, two champagne flutes, cheese, fruit, crackers and chocolates waiting on a crystal tray on our bed, as well as a beautiful longstemmed red rose on the pillow. Nice to sit on the balcony and toast the occasion!
In short, the owners and staff at Lookout Point offer an exceptional experience with no detail overlooked. Words alone can really not do it justice! It was the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary, and we plan to return as soon as possible to this special niche of serenity and beauty!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
lopi1655, Owner at Lookout Point Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you! Your beautiful review brought tears to my eyes, and makes me want to check-in and stay awhile. And I'm the owner! :)
Olive Branch, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I just spent 2 days at Lookout Point Lakeside Inn Bed and Breakfast and it was the most relaxing 2 days I've had in a long time. I decompressed faster in one night at Lookout Point than in 2 weeks at a gulf coast beach. The staff is dedicated to your comfort, well-being, and are extremely attentive to their guests. The food is amazing. I will definately go back when I can.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
lopi1655, Owner at Lookout Point Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
It makes us happy when guests truly get to relax. In fact, several of our repeat guests come in the front door and immediately say "My blood pressure has already dropped". Glad you experienced some much needed decompression!
Fort Gibson, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My were do I start. From the moment we drove into the parking lot we could tell this was going to be a special place. That is an understatement. From the free glasses of wine and cheese after entering and registering to the room with a balcony over looking the gardens and Lake Hamilton. The short 2 mile drive into Hot Springs. The incredible breakfast every morning. The comfortable rooms. If you want to relax and just get away with your spouse by all means please check out Lokk Out Point Inn B&B....you will not regret it.

Room Tip: They are all incredible....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I work together in our own business, so we rarely get away from the office. We stayed at Lookout Point for a couple of nights in July as a getaway before picking up our daughter from camp. Our room was nicely appointed, and very comfotable. The balcony in our room overlooked the beautiful garden and lake. We enjoyed sitting there and watching the world go by. The breakfasts were very well prepared and tasted wonderful.The hospitality was outstanding as the innkeepers and staff were very friendly and accomodating. The complimentary snacks and sodas, and afternoon tea were much appreciated as well. We truly enjoyed our getaway and plan to return as soon as we can!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very beautiful exterior and interior. Felt just like home with a dining area, sitting area, family room, and living room. The owners and staff were very hospitable, friendly, genuine, and helpful. You can spend an entire day in the garden on the hammock or the wooden swing watching over the lake and the birdhouse. The breakfast is homemade each morning and different so quite delicious. In the afternoon there is a reception with wine and cheese and cookies/banana bread. Overall very relaxing, very romantic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We came here just as we learned my husband had stage 4 cancer and my dad had passed away 2 months before.. It was a wonderful time for my husband and I to be together knowing we were fixing to face an uphill battle and battling the grief of losing my dad.. It was SO gorgeous! We had a fireplace, spa tub, balconey, I can't even begin to say how wonderful it was. It was a little out of our price range as far as what we normally spend, but I don't regret it. I most likely won't be able to go back because for what I paid for 2 nights I can take a good weeks vacation in many other places. But beautiful still!

Room Tip: It was worth the $ to upgrade to the best room, they were all nice but ours was very big and very ro...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
lopi1655, Owner at Lookout Point Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I'm glad that you had a chance for a brief getaway during a time of so much stress and grief. We sincerely offer our very best to your husband, and pray that his cancer treatments are completely successful. All the best to you!

Been to Lookout Point Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!